Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I suppose with incidents like this rumour and speculation can spread very quickly. Particularly when the story starts with "this happened a friend of mine"

However, the OP is a well established member of this forum and he is unlikely to be repeating unfounded gossip as fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 somethingdude

maceocc2 wrote: »
    Sure was, I was at the till ready to checkout when they came in, one with a hand gun second guy with a sword. Got money from 3 tills I think.

Worst thing about it was, they went straight to the employee that was 32 weeks pregnant, poor girl was in bits after it.

Thats bloody terrible :(

These scum must see that Lidl as a easy target. 4 times I heard it was knocked off and thats only the times I heard off. Probably more times. Wouldnt be suprised to hear it was the same scumbags on more than one occasion too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Jehuty42 wrote: »
    Well, I don't know any women to pass this warning on to, so as a man I guess I'll just keep on worrying about my statistically much higher chance of getting physically assaulted at random instead.

Jehuty, you're some Gimp! not surprised you dont know any women with comments like that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Phenomenally Phrank

Sharrow wrote: »
    No they haven't, unless someone is were the bed rooms are in a house you can't say your actions in assaulting them were justifiable.

Excuse me, i've actually read the new law. You're talking ****, my dear. Also, notice that I said 'If absolutely necessary' not on the slightest provocation.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Excuse me, i've actually read the new law. You're talking ****, my dear. Also, notice that I said 'If absolutely necessary' not on the slightest provocation.:rolleyes:

I see a dark stranger entering your life soon bearing ill tidings.;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

alright, stay on topic please!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

When I got home yesterday, my Dad said that few people on the road were chatting about recent break ins around the area.

We're in Glenville, just so people are aware, its been in the last few weeks, plenty of through the back doors and hopping walls.

Scum :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Zwillinge wrote: »
    When I got home yesterday, my Dad said that few people on the road were chatting about recent break ins around the area.
    Please make sure that they report the incidents to the Gardai. The Gardai will only direct resources to an area if there are reports.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I did notice falshing blue lights outside at about 7pm that night come to think of it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

maceocc2 wrote: »
    Sure was, I was at the till ready to checkout when they came in, one with a hand gun second guy with a sword. Got money from 3 tills I think.

Worst thing about it was, they went straight to the employee that was 32 weeks pregnant, poor girl was in bits after it.

Dirty, filthy, scummy bastards :mad:

I hope the poor girl and her baby are okay, a shock like that could send a woman into premature labour.. Not that those pieces of sh1t would care!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

They've all got CCTV and two way mirrors at the till leading to the office.

Yep, I was in a lidl in yesterday and actually looked this time. They definitely have cctv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Hi all. Does anybody know what was happening at 4am last night? It sounded like a helicopter was going to land on the roof of the house it was that close, woke all in the house up so I was less than impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Gerlad

Yeah it woke me up too. Got told this morning that 5(!) houses got broken into in Castlegrange last night so could be something to do with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭fletch

Gerlad wrote: »
    Yeah it woke me up too. Got told this morning that 5(!) houses got broken into in Castlegrange last night so could be something to do with that.
    You don't know which roads? I know some people that live there

fletch wrote: »
    You don't know which roads? I know some people that live there

Don't know the name but it's the road that faces Hazelbury Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Snazzy_Chazzy

5 Houses????????????????? I dont belive ya! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

ANother thread on the D15 forum here says no less than 5 yes FIVE houses were broken into in the matter of hours in Castlegrange. Have googled around dont see it mentioned anywhere else. Can anyone confirm? :O

I live in the Castlegrange area and a friend that lives over near the Hazelbury Park side's house was done last night and told me four others were done as well. Apologies if there is no official Garda report to back this up :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

I live in the Castlegrange area and a friend that lives over near the Hazelbury Park side's house was done last night and told me four others were done as well. Apologies if there is no official Garda report to back this up :rolleyes::rolleyes:

were there people in the houses that were broken into ??

Was there people in the houses when they were broken into ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭fletch

sambora wrote: »
    Was there people in the houses when they were broken into ??
    Yes they were upstairs asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭travist

and did they catch anyone?

Is there only 1 Garda helicopter in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

how can a van of Scum Bags drive around an estate a knock off house after house??? WOW that is crazy. Anyone know what time this was at? Feckin cat burglars.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

ronan45 wrote: »
    ? Feckin cat burglars.
    Only way to deal with them is to get a dog.

Not even a dog can stop them nowadays. I've known 3 people to have their houses broken into and their dogs can be vicious even towards strange family members. And for some reason the dogs are being kept quiet.

It's a really strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Most dogs are family pets and are not trained as guard dogs so they will take food from just about anyone. 1/2 pound of sausages or a handful of dog treats and fido will lie down munching.

travist wrote: »
    and did they catch anyone?

Is there only 1 Garda helicopter in Dublin?

No, there is 2, for the entire country. Along with a plane.
    http://www.military.ie/air-corps/fleet/ec135-t2
    http://www.military.ie/air-corps/fleet/pbn-defender

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭razzler

Hi Folks
    I'd like to let yous know of a worrying incident that happened about 5pm today in Castlecurragh Vale. I caught two boys, about ten years old, one blond, both white, standing on my garden wall taking pictures of the back of my house. Looked like an expensive camera phone and was directed towards the lower kitchen windows. Now I don't think they would be the burglars but I think they will pass the pictures onto someone else.
    I'm posting this just so people can be aware that if they see this at their house, maybe they're targeted for a robbery.
    Stay safe
    Jenny

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nomesc

Thanks Jenny. I hope you reported it to the Gardaí too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

2 days ago our neighbour knocked in to say somebody had been in his garden during the night but had clearly jumped over the fence from our side. Bear in mind the next door neighbour on the other side had their front door glass smashed to grab their keys about a month ago. It's not going away.

Hansfield/Littlepace area!

Advertisement