Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mess

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

No no, I love anatomy! My favourite subject. Love all the lecturers. Gonna miss it looooooooads!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I'd be on Biologic's side on this one, now last day of biophotonics is sad face inducing...

I can't even express how much I hate extemp. preparations.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

I can't even express how much I hate extemp. preparations.:mad:

Nothing like a stressful day, with prescriptions building up, doctor on the phone, trying to ring different wholesalers to get a product and then somebody presents with a coal tar prep. Bliss :pac::pac:

Zinc Oxide Ointment BP are the four scariest words in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Sounds suspiciously like sunscreen to me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

Zinc Oxide Ointment BP are the four scariest words in the world.

I can beat that.

Ingrid Hook Pharmacognosy 9am. Any TCD grads will understand.

scanlant wrote: »
    I can beat that.

Ingrid Hook Pharmacognosy 9am. Any TCD grads will understand.
    As in the woman who picks out george's ties?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

Tree wrote: »
    As in the woman who picks out george's ties?

The very woman.

She was the head of the School of Pharmacy and her end of year exam questions were a pain, to say the least. Upshot was she brought George along to the annual Pharmacy Ball (most years, the others we were graced with Popey). He didn't get a break with the amount of people wanting his photograph.

Charter needs an addendum allowing me to be cheeky on specific varities of thread. It's torture behaving myself and being a good girl!

In other news \o/ woo! science!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Have my first OSCE on Wednesday.

SO many nails/ hands signs. Oh so many. I'm actually really not looking forward to the whole thing...

Did i do something terrible in a past life to deserve the torment of writing up my masters thesis?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,114 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Smells like a hospital in this forum. weird.

anyway:

t_cells.png

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo NO MORE MASTERS!!!! (results next week, and phd commmences two weeks later, but it's pretty much done.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo NO MORE MASTERS!!!! (results next week, and phd commmences two weeks later, but it's pretty much done.....)

I secretly hate you :p Congrats!!! This time next week mine will be done.... oh IT WILL BE DONE :D

Jessibelle wrote: »
    I secretly hate you :p Congrats!!! This time next week mine will be done.... oh IT WILL BE DONE :D
    I vote for partying on next week so!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

scaled.php?tn=0&server=816&filename=m1nf.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Well now, any scandal with anyone? PhD is going nicely here, still without a set project but c'est la vie, gonna be in all day tomorrow optimising some assays, lucky me.

Hey guys I just have a quick query here:
    I have tendinitis in my shoulder and have been given a note by my doctor, requesting an x-ray to make sure there's no serious damage to the joint... what do I do now? Just ring up Vincent's and ask for an appointment for an x-ray?
    Sorry if this sounds silly but I've never had to have an x-ray before (apart from at the dentist's as a kid)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

This is the banter thread and I didn't think my question was worth starting a thread over

Watching ER and the surgeons play music. All sorts of music, Peruvian pan pipes, some sort of African music and even some rock

Does that happen in real life, do the surgeons play music as you are under the knife? I want to know :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

mikemac1 wrote: »
    This is the banter thread and I didn't think my question was worth starting a thread over

Watching ER and the surgeons play music. All sorts of music, Peruvian pan pipes, some sort of African music and even some rock

Does that happen in real life, do the surgeons play music as you are under the knife? I want to know :D

Yep!

So, has anyone got any scandal? None of ye got engaged or married or became parents in the last while? Anyone finishing up school/starting new educations?

I'm about 6mo into a phd, lucky me. No babies, not engaged etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

So, has anyone got any scandal? None of ye got engaged or married or became parents in the last while? Anyone finishing up school/starting new educations?

I'm about 6mo into a phd, lucky me. No babies, not engaged etc :)

All the US med students I've met are engaged or married. Crazy I tell ya.

where do they find the time to get engaged or married? *grumble*shouldbeworkingharder*grumble* :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

where do they find the time to get engaged or married? *grumble*shouldbeworkingharder*grumble* :)

Not sure, I think a lot tend to be very religious which may have something to do with it.
    Starting 4 weeks of Trauma/Emergency Surgery tomorrow. West Philadelphia tends to supply a lot of interesting cases.

Is there a reason I keep getting notified of new posts in the forum, when there's none? ???

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Spooooky!!

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Is there a reason I keep getting notified of new posts in the forum, when there's none? ???

They're just trying to get you back here more often :)

Got my hospital pre-reg in Edinburgh.

• Advertisement

So...This is causing the RAGE today! It's ok for your front-line health service staff to be working and making capable decisions after 24 hours on call at 3am, yet in our fearless leaders they 'don't think people make their best decisions at 3am in the morning when they have been in the 20th hour of their working day.'? ok then...
    See here.

Advertisement