Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where can I buy ball hitch for the car?

• 31-05-2013 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to buy a tow hitch for the 'aul car, but I haven't a notion where to get it?

& would a garage have to fit it? Or, is it a simple (would have to be very simple) DIY job??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Yeah.... What car....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

A motor will order one for you, ebay, or check yellow pages for fitters.
    Most are a fairly straight forward DIY job.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

It's a skoda. Is there different types for different cars? I didn't know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

It's a skoda. Is there different types for different cars? I didn't know that.

Skoda what.... Favorit? Rapide? Popular Special?

Of course there are, different mounting brackets and sizes. Who would put an Isuzu NPR draw hitch on a Micra for example....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Have a search for "malcolms caravans". go into the towbar section and look up your particular model.
    Then open the fitting instructions file and see what you think....can you do it ????
    If so, then check out the best price for one on Ebay.co.uk and use Parcel Motel to have it delivered....or have a look for a 2nd hand one on adverts.ie or put up a request on partfinder.ie.

BTW it would help if you told us the exact model and year of your car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

Try donedeal.ie

Got a secondhand one this evening there. He was looking for €60 but he had it up on it for 58 days so I got him down to €30. They were €200 new.

Advertisement