Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pchub.com.

• 18-02-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

Hi. Has anyone any experience dealing with pchub.com Im looking to buy an inverter for my laptop screen and most sites were between $25-$34 (inc p&p). But this site quote $6.50 with free worldwide p&p. Just wanted to check as you know what they say, if it sounds too good to be true.........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

No, but they just look like another DealExteme/FocalPrice clone site
    with low-to-mid quality imitation stuff, that's why they are so cheap.
    Also they're based in China so it will probably be weeks before u get it.

Why not check out eBay.ie and get an original second-hand inverter,
    or a cheap compatible one, from a reputable seller there?
    http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?rt=nc&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=laptop+inverter&_dmpt=UK_Computing_LaptopAccess_RL&_trksid=p3286.c0.m301
    Some are reasonably priced, depends on your laptop model, but shop around and watch out for excessive postage prices.

I certainly wouldn't like to chance putting a €4 invertor into a new and expensive laptop.

Actually don't touch them, found some really bad reviews about them here;
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/UsedPcHub_PcHub

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

thanks moon. will check those links in the morning. reduced tn surfing with a voda 848 for the mo. not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 happyfounder

Duiske wrote: »
    thanks moon. will check those links in the morning. reduced tn surfing with a voda 848 for the mo. not fun.

It is a singapore based company,I suppose it imported from China

Advertisement