Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Split Files

• 14-12-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

Hello Boardsies
    I have downloaded an album in FLAC format, however the album is all in one file. I'm seeing a lot of files like this. Anyone know how to split the files into the individual tracks
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Shane St. wrote: »
    Hello Boardsies
    I have downloaded an album in FLAC format, however the album is all in one file. I'm seeing a lot of files like this. Anyone know how to split the files into the individual tracks
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    thank you

It may use HJ Split or try any archiveing program, e.g: 7 Zip, WinRAR etc.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You could get Winamp to play them and export as a WAV. I had a FLAC import filter for Winamp some years ago. Then you could split in say Audacity

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

May have mis-understood your question, if you have a .cue file aswell Cue Splitter will sort you out

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

yoyo wrote: »
    It may use HJ Split or try any archiveing program, e.g: 7 Zip, WinRAR etc.

Nick

No, I think the entire album is one track, rather than a number of different tracks. It's a right pain to sort it. I'd try find the album elsewhere and hope it is individual tracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

+1 for Audacity. May be a lengthy process but you'll get used to where the tune peaks off and know it's the end of the track.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Just if you're saving the split files as mp3's you'll need to have a file called "Lame_enc.dll" (Audacity will ask you where it is when you're saving). You can get that here.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?lame_enc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I think mp3splt works with flac and a .cue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

thanks guys. ill give audacity a go

Advertisement