Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Signing Off......

• 05-06-2001 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

As the end draw nears (yes i too have experienced the technical difficluties) let us all ponder this point-

Did you know that Amercia is at such an advanced stage of Interent Usage that there is now a national "Stay Off the Internet" Day-
    Yes Indeed!
    It falls every year on Thanksgiving!

OH What a prospect, imagine if we could also find ouselves in such a quandry that such overuse of the interent can onset- Perhaps our recent Bank Holiday should have been renamed "National GET ON the Internet Day"-
    Oh wait !? We dont need a national holiday for this, because this is going on everyday-

With this, I resign myself to a life less the enjoyment of SNL- While ESAT may only think its 2000 people there cutting off, in fact its whole families far beyond this modest multiple. Hope your satisfied ESAT, Eircom et al....

Goodbye ( as salty tears roll down my cheeks )

80p.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've enjoyed your Comments 80, and other ppl's comments over the last week or so since I joined this forum wink.gif

It's a pity its coming to an end so early frown.gif after I joined ...

But I still will be around, although not as frequent frown.gif as I'll be with Eircom frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Cya round m8,

Just keep campaigning for SNL and broadband in Eire wink.gif

www.EFtraining.com

http://www.thealexandriaclan.barrysworld.net

yeah i've enjoyed everyone's comments too. It is great to know we aren't alone, and we aren't unreasonable for wanting unmetered internet access.

Pity we didn't start campaigning sooner, better late than ever i suppose though smile.gif

I am also just wondering what it will be like, the first day (in about 2 years from now) when we finally get ADSL. Can you imagine it? Going from charging per second 56k access to free 24:7 broadband internet access ... *saliva drippingly good*

It's like a caveman playing around with his newly invented wheel, and then you drive up in your new porsche ....

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ando:

I still will be around, although not as frequent frown.gif as I'll be with Eircom frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Cya round m8,

</font>

As pointed out above, I echo this, but obvioulsy my REAL surfing days are numbered- mad.gif I'll still pop in and out when I can. While they may be cutting me off @ source, the fight aint over by a longshot.

I must say my its great to see ppl bouncing ideas off each other towards a common goal.
    all the best ando & others,

80p.

80project.com

Why Eircon? There are lots of other ISPs you can use without giving them your custom.

[This message has been edited by hmmm (edited 06-06-2001).]

Having not been in the market for an ISP sin

• Advertisement
Advertisement