Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Joint supplements

• 20-04-2011 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

I am back running but getting pains in my knee joints. Prob does not help being 6'4 and bulky.

Can anyone recommend any supplements that are good for the joints when excising? Something to ease the pain maybe?

Cheers

frAg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

frag420 wrote: »
    I am back running but getting pains in my knee joints. Prob does not help being 6'4 and bulky.

Can anyone recommend any supplements that are good for the joints when excising? Something to ease the pain maybe?

Cheers

frAg

If you are feeling pain I'd go see a physio, but as for supplements that are good for your joints, I'm currently taking Fish Oil and Glucosamine Sulphate, one of each of which are sold in either Aldi or Lidl for very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Really a supplement is not going to do a dam if you are 6ft4 and more than a little on the hefty side.

I recommend you look at -

1. Increase lower body strength
    2. Check for muscle imbalances that can be the cause of the pain
    3. Foam roll and stretch the beejesus out of yourself daily
    4. Learn how to run properly i.e. learn proper running technique

Only after all of the above is done would i recommend a supplement

on a side note you should take fish oils anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

scuse the ignorance but where can I find out about running techniques and muscle imbalance eh?

I try to stretch before a run but not sure if I am doing it correctly. Any pointers here?

Just to note that I am doing the c25k program and will be doing week2 day 3 this eve. generally I find it sore and stiff to at the start but once I get into a stride I am not to bad but there will be stiffness later on or the following morning.

Will be picking up the fish oils anyways,

thanks for help so far

frAg

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

For technique and imbalances etc, it might be worth a shot visiting a physio, or possibly finding a running club or coach.

Other than that, youtube would be a good place to find some videos, or you could google it also.

Advertisement