Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks women with muscles are sexy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I think toned and athletic is sexy, but not huge muscles.
    For example, the first girl, Alicia Sacramone, looks nice, I think. She obviously in shape and toned, but still looks feminine. The girl in the second photo, Laura Campos, looks like a man (btw, they both look really young, but Alicia is 21, and Laura is 20).

Yikes, now that's a contrast! They obviously compete in different styles or something? Would girl 1 be able to do what girl 2 does?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

g'em wrote: »
    If she ever wanted a second career as a Figure Competitor she could do quite well. She'd probably need a boob job though.

Out of curiosity are gymnasts tested regularly in all competitions?

I would think they are tested to Olympic, world athletics levels seeing as thats were they compete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Rob_l wrote: »
    I would think they are tested to Olympic, world athletics levels seeing as thats were they compete
    You can be tested in a sport in the Olympics but not tested in regional or national competitions. I compete in a drug-tested federation but at any given competition only 10% of athletes are tested; it's rare to find a sport where all athletes are tested all the time and I'm curious to know how frequently gymnasts get tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I think toned and athletic is sexy, but not huge muscles.
    For example, the first girl, Alicia Sacramone, looks nice, I think. She obviously in shape and toned, but still looks feminine. The girl in the second photo, Laura Campos, looks like a man (btw, they both look really young, but Alicia is 21, and Laura is 20).

then again here is another photo of laura looking a lot more feminine

http://www.ritmicados.es/IMG/jpg_huelva_07_0033.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Gymnasts get tested quite a bit. All of the winners in big competitions get tested and there are random tests done as well. However, steroids have never really been a problem in gymnastics. Most gymnasts have to maintain their flexibility and agility and steroids would get in the way of that. Also, gymnasts don't usually weight train to avoid building bulk.
    There were rumors that the East Germans developed a steroid that would build muscle without compromising agility, but it apparently gave the athletes a feeling of intoxication, which isn't good when you have to walk on a balance beam.
    Aside from the cold pill scandal at the 2000 Olympics (a 70lb Romanian gymnast took a cold pill, which had a substance in it that was banned by the IOC - she was stripped of her medal), the only real drugs gymnasts get done in for is diuretics, and that's mainly on the rhythmic side.
    This isn't to say there's no cheating in gymnastics. It just usually doesn't involve drugs.

• Advertisement

jsb wrote: »
    then again here is another photo of laura looking a lot more feminine

http://www.ritmicados.es/IMG/jpg_huelva_07_0033.jpg

Different Laura. That Laura competes in rhythmic gymnastics.

Yikes, now that's a contrast! They obviously compete in different styles or something? Would girl 1 be able to do what girl 2 does?

They both compete in Artistic gymnastics, which is vault, floor, asymmetrical bars and balance beam. Alicia is known for being very good on vault and floor - she's a world medalist on vault and a world champion on floor. She can do beam quite well too. She never does bars though - has horrible technique.

Laura Campos isn't as strong a gymnast as Alicia - she doesn't have the medals Alicia does. But she competes all four events and represents her country (Spain) quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

g'em wrote: »
    You can be tested in a sport in the Olympics but not tested in regional or national competitions. I compete in a drug-tested federation but at any given competition only 10% of athletes are tested; it's rare to find a sport where all athletes are tested all the time and I'm curious to know how frequently gymnasts get tested.

That is true enough but as long as they test the people at the top(they test the winner of international events?) then there isn't much more you can do, to test all athletes in any field would seem a nightmare task

Rob_l wrote: »
    That is true enough but as long as they test the people at the top(they test the winner of international events?) then there isn't much more you can do, to test all athletes in any field would seem a nightmare task

Yes, they test the medalists at world championships and world cup events, which account for almost all international meets during the year.

They both compete in Artistic gymnastics, which is vault, floor, asymmetrical bars and balance beam. Alicia is known for being very good on vault and floor - she's a world medalist on vault and a world champion on floor. She can do beam quite well too. She never does bars though - has horrible technique.

She'd need bigger shoulders for that so, and would end up looking like the second girl?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

guile45 wrote: »
    some of u guys might not be man enough for these ones
    these are top ranking pros with great muscularity

Em some of those women are just plain ugly, in fact all of them are. The first one reminds of that great Czechoslovak woman Kratichvilova. Not a fan of women with huge muscularity but like toning. Looks also help. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

is_that_so wrote: »
    Em some of those women are just plain ugly, in fact all of them are. The first one reminds of that great Czechoslovak woman Kratichvilova.
    "Kees me or I klush you..."

I'm having a good lol thinking back to when I was 10/11 and did gymnastics (yes rb_ie, before World War II etc :)). God, I was so bad... I had flexibility and rhythm all right so I could do some of the floor exercises, but I had zero balance, co-ordination or strength. I mean, the "monkey bars" exercise - EVERYONE could do the monkey bars... 'cept me.

She'd need bigger shoulders for that so, and would end up looking like the second girl?

Hm, not exactly. Alicia's problem on bars is that she relies too much on her arms and muscles her way through. The goal is to get into a rhythm with your swing so that you're not muscling the skills. For example, the best bar workers in the world right now are He Kexin, whom I cant find any pictures of, but she's very small and thin, and Nastia Liukin, who's picture is below. Both are thin, almost fragile compared to other gymnasts. But they have great swing on bars.

She looks so young - 13 at the most.

She's actually 18 but on the national team since 12 or 13. Wow.

Hm, not exactly. Alicia's problem on bars is that she relies too much on her arms and muscles her way through. The goal is to get into a rhythm with your swing so that you're not muscling the skills. For example, the best bar workers in the world right now are He Kexin, whom I cant find any pictures of, but she's very small and thin, and Nastia Liukin, who's picture is below. Both are thin, almost fragile compared to other gymnasts. But they have great swing on bars.

She is thin, indeed!
    Dudess wrote: »
    She looks so young - 13 at the most.

She's actually 18 but on the national team since 12 or 13. Wow.

Yeah, very young looking alright.

Wow, if you think Nastia is young... I have a picture of He Kexin. She's the one right up front, in red. The Chinese federation reports her birthday as January 1, 1992, making her 16.

I think Nastia looks more young than she is. As does He Kexin. Man, she looks about nine! Does it stunt growth/development or something?

Wow, if you think Nastia is young... I have a picture of He Kexin. She's the one right up front, in red. The Chinese federation reports her birthday as January 1, 1992, making her 16.

Bloody hell!:eek:

Although to be fair, in the last company I worked for there was an absolutely tiny, very very young looking girl working there. And she was 22 or 23! Looked about 13 or 14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 tadhg1

those chicks are athletic, there is a big difference between athletic and muscley

jessica biel = athletic.......................venus williams = muscley

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

tadhg1 wrote: »
    those chicks are athletic, there is a big difference between athletic and muscley

jessica biel = athletic.......................venus williams = muscley

Are you actually trying to suggest that Venus Williams is not athletic?

You have to be insanely fit to play tennis at the level she does.

• Advertisement

Training 40 hours a week delays puberty, and most gymnasts look younger than they are. The problem arises when they actually ARE younger than their birth certificate says. He Kexin's birth year prior to 2008 was reported as 1994 in domestic Chinese competitions, making her 14 and ineligible for the Olympics this year. After the world championships, China realized they didn't have anyone who could beat the top Americans and Russians. Suddenly, He Kexin was 16. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It wasn't so much trolling, more so exaggerating. If steroid abuse never went on and I'd said it then yeah that would have been trolling but there's no proof that those people pictured don't use them so therefore it could be true just as much as it could be false.

We could say the same about any unfounded allegation against anyone, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

tribulus wrote: »

Why do you tease me so?!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,856 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Dragan wrote: »
    We could say the same about any unfounded allegation against anyone, no?

Possibly, but I never accused any of them by name so no real case there. It was a general comment on the sport in general that we all know is true, whether those pictured are involved or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Why do you tease me so?!

:)

Wow! If I had a stomach like hers I'd never cover it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 muscleflexin

Thrill wrote: »
    Women with muscles? Yuck!!

She's so Sexy and definitely beautiful!!
    congo_90 wrote: »
    woman with muscle is gonna be mad for control so guess who is on top? :p

Having said that i still wouldn't

just imagine her grunting on ya lol *won't be sleeping tonight*
    http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1125/carmenungerfitnessbeauttu4.jpg

With her in bed with me I wouldn't want to be sleeping!! GORGEOUS!!
    guile45 wrote: »
    i am a big fan of female bodybuilders , they are sooo sexy, just a shame here in ireland we dont have any :( here are some examples of hot muscle

Now there's a man who knows what beauty is... You gotta get those pretty Irish girls working out!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Jessica Biel.
    That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

A reasonable amount of muscle. Yes.

Weedy looking girls are not attractive.

Advertisement