Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is 'Leo Dowling' from Fair City Irelands worst actor ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭julien69

I was in a brothel in Amsterdam recently and saw Leo go off with a girl.Thats where hes disappeared off ta:o

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭EnigmasWhisper

Leo has actually done numerous Rules Of The Road Videos.

He demonstrates all the hand signals in the car.

Also can be seen working part time on the weekends at Dublin Airport directing the planes in on the runways.

lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭ Gannon Panicky Colon

I think he's the second worst behind Dominic... He sounded like he was having a heart attack when he tried to cry when he left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

NO WAY LEO IS A LEGEND!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭sineadCharl

I love Leo! Turloch was hilarious as well. It's quite addictive Fair City. I watch it most nights. What's Dermot's wife called? She's hilarious, she just gives out the entire time. And then there's the writer who had an affair with her brother lol! again a total pain.

I love Fair City though, it's so bad it's funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I love Leo! Turloch was hilarious as well. It's quite addictive Fair City. I watch it most nights. What's Dermot's wife called? She's hilarious, she just gives out the entire time. And then there's the writer who had an affair with her brother lol! again a total pain.

I love Fair City though, it's so bad it's funny.

:D:D

Off topic - reminds me of Father Austin Purcell in Father Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

He certainly has something though......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Is Dave Duffy, Fair Citys 'Leo Dowling' Irelands worst actor ? I ask this because recently friends of mine were visiting from abroad and happened to catch a few episodes of Ireland's very own soap. They unanimously agreed that Duffy was the worst actor they had ever seen on any television programme, anywhere in the world. Now I know Fair City is awful, and Duffy is a brutal actor but I wonder could he be the worst actor in Ireland ? Nothing personal to the guy by the way, hes getting paid for being awful so I guess he is pretty greatful to be still allowed to even grace our screens.

I would not agree when you say that Fair City is awful, but would agree with whoever said that Duffy was a bad actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

Ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The father of that new family in Fair City, the grey haired lad, is equally as bad as Leo... The rest of the family are passable, but he is really awful..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The father of that new family in Fair City, the grey haired lad, is equally as bad as Leo... The rest of the family are passable, but he is really awful..

Nessa is the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I think he's the second worst behind Dominic... He sounded like he was having a heart attack when he tried to cry when he left

Dominic was a LEGEND! Absolutely hilarious - he sounded like a guy having an asthma attack every time he spoke!:D "Tracy ya w***e!" hehe:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 MisterMom

I don't watch Fair City because I think all of the acting is just pure cringe......
    It does my head in!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭rich1874

If anybody is actually a fan of Leo Dowling, or if you just want a good chuckle, then check out this clip from Young Indiana Jones chronicles. He plays the part of 'the worst irish barman in history'. His finest moments are at about 0:40 and 5:50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkajKDx4RB4&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pcass31

it had to be jimmy he was worse!! he wore the same denim jacket for 10 years! now he's gone to hollywood ha ha!! denzo bishop isnt far behind him but!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

What really annoys me about Leo is his enthusiasm in EVERY sentence :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

He's so bad he's good!

So hammy he is in danger of being smeared in mustard and slapped between two slices of batch white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Typo in the OP, worst mixed up with best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭el diablo

Leo is a terrific actor/musician. I won't hear a bad word said against him.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Leo Shovel hands is funny. I don't mind him at all, i know he is a terrible actor, so bad that he's good. Its Bella Doyle, Charlie Kelly and his stupid wife that really annoy me on Fair City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Louie Gleeson is up there with Irelands worst I think

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I vote Rachel. Desperate bad. Takes after her granmother, Rita!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Surley the accolade of worst actor in Fair City needs to go to that wierdo that is Pete's son. How come nobody is mentioning him?

pcass31 wrote: »
    it had to be jimmy he was worse!! he wore the same denim jacket for 10 years! now he's gone to hollywood ha ha!! denzo bishop isnt far behind him but!!

Jimmy was pretty poor considering he was in the show for so long. He never improved. Like Rachel, he takes after his mother, Rita!:)

Best actor now? Dermot I think is and always has been the most solid actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Yangedd

walshb wrote: »

Rita was so bad she was comical. She was reading her lines from a cue card half the time. And that "Yeah" when she answered a question. Towards the end it was all she ever said. No wonder they replaced her with a bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Jimmy was pretty poor considering he was in the show for so long. He never improved. Like Rachel, he takes after his mother, Rita!:)

Best actor now? Dermot I think is and always has been the most solid actor.

Dermot?! Not atall. Pete! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Yangedd

I was watching back on Youtube and Dermot was really bad at the beginning, but he's come a long way since then and seems to have grown into the roll. He's certainly better these days than when he first arrived.

sue z wrote: »
    Dermot?! Not atall. Pete! :)

Pete is solid alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Pete is solid alright!

He used to be be in Glenroe, a young enough chap he was then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

She always looks like a rabbit caught in headlights and doesn't know where to look. I think it is mostly because she never smiles that annoys me, but of course that is her part, so it is probably unfair to blame her and not the script writers. I have seen her recently all dressed up and she is quite attractive.

Advertisement