Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AZBOX /Elite / HD / Premium

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Apogee wrote: »
    Looking at the Ultra HD as a cheapish blindscanner/4:2:2 box - would be great if it would do DTT too.

I have the Ultra and blindscanning is only supported on the original official firmware at present.Just to leave you know... no support in E2 for blindscanning option as of yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Apogee

@carsby - have you used the Ultra for feedhunting? How long does a blindscan take?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Apogee wrote: »
    @carsby - have you used the Ultra for feedhunting? How long does a blindscan take?

I have a long time ago when I used the original firmware.IIRC it used to take best part of 30 mins to blindscan 13e.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 scullyonweb

does anyone have iptv running on premium plus,
    i got the http_streams text file and ftp to disk2,then they all turned up in azbox menu under ip channels.but when i go thru them none clear!
    i'm connected to internet as youtube thumbnails update

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

Rti enigma2 ver 1. Is released tonight. Was being called rc13 but they must be fairly Happy with it to release it as ver 1.

Sound problems are supposed to be sorted anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭kerrywez

Thanks hope they have the sound sorted now, will go look for it now.

Regards wez

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

xosPe0 serial#dc6afa7b4b92f3f4b52f6ded65230ac8 subid 0x50

xenv cs2 failed

xenv cs3 failed¡øpower supply: ok

dram0 ok (8)

zboot (1) failed

I get this when i log into putty is my box dead ?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

jimmyjim11 wrote: »

xenv cs2 failed

dram0 ok (8)

zboot (1) failed

I'm also stuck on booting, didn't try putty as neither AzUP nor Jazup could determine an IP address. PC went dulally whilst updating E2 using Jazup. I tried requesting help on AZBox E2 forum but to no avail. I was using Jazup to update software but apparantly your only ment to use azup. After much searching I came across a thread on satpimps which tells you how to recover a dead box. I've just purchased a USB to TTL interface on Ebay to connect up to the box and then follow the directions given in the post. I don't think I've much to lose eitherways.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭logger

xenv cs2 failed

dram0 ok (8)

zboot (1) failed

Not sure if it will help you get over this issue, however some time back I found a source for the DOM modules that are in the azbox ( means that you can get back to a blank state with os, providing boot loader not corupt). As I say not sure if it will fix your current problem, however I had sourced one so I could experiment on a new dom module with newer firmware versions, and then when finished plug back in the one that everyone in the house is used to using.

There are two variants on their site, not sure which on I purchased, however it was a 512MB and 1GB version both of which worked fine. The one that ships with the Premiumm model at least was 256Mb as far as I can recollect.

I will look up part number this evening and update link.

http://www.memoryc.com/transcend/ts256mdom40v.html

Hi lads and lasses, putting a new dom into the box will not help in any way if it is stuck on boot. If you are getting the above from putty then you got only one choice and that is to send the box back to OpenSat, in Portugal and have them repair it.

For the benefit of all, here are the contact details for them Tel: +351 251 656 134 or their mail is info@azbox.com, they will send you out a RMA form to be filled in, you will need to print it off and fill it in and send it with the box. It took about 2 1/2 or 3 weeks to have mine back. They are very good to chat to and will help you lots.

Very best wishes Wez

• Advertisement

shinobi wrote: »
    I'm also stuck on booting, didn't try putty as neither AzUP nor Jazup could determine an IP address. PC went dulally whilst updating E2 using Jazup. I tried requesting help on AZBox E2 forum but to no avail. I was using Jazup to update software but apparantly your only ment to use azup. After much searching I came across a thread on satpimps which tells you how to recover a dead box. I've just purchased a USB to TTL interface on Ebay to connect up to the box and then follow the directions given in the post. I don't think I've much to lose eitherways.

Hi fi the box has not booted then it will not be on the network and there will be no ip address for it, as there will not be any. See the above for the only way to sort out a box which is stuck in boot and which putty will not fix. Sad to say your only option is to send th box back to OpenSat and have them fix it for you. I would advise anyone who is going to send their box back to use a currier service as An Post have shot themselves in the foot with their prices, they charged me €44 to send the box back and all it cost to be returned to me, by currier, was €17. good luck to you all, it is not a dead box, just hard to wake, but OpenSat can wake it for you, then did not chars me anytime to repair the box, but it was still under warranty at the time.

Very best wishes Wez

thanks wez was thinking as much,
    zboot (1) failed
    some guy got it fixed using jtag not for the faint hearted:eek:

sent them a email yesterday waiting for them to get back

no warranty do got mine on e bay

if u get this when you log on to putty you will be able to get box back :)

xenv cs2 ok

xosPe0 serial#dc6afa7b4b92f3f4b52f6ded65230ac8 subid 0x5ok

power supply: ok

dram0 ok (8)

dram1 ok (a)

zboot (0) ok

>

Box is out of warranty at this stage >1.5 yrs, so I'll wait for USB to Serial connector to arrive and I'll try connecting putty through the serial connection and I'll let you know how I get on. If that doesn't work I'll see where I might get the repair done. As I said previously, I don't have much to lose. Who knows, could be a blessing in disguise and I could end up buying a Vu+ Duo!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cranium

Sorry to hear about you AZBox troubles shinobi....

Re: 'neither AzUP nor Jazup could determine an IP address.'

If your AZBox is managing to talk to your router, if you go to the routers admin page, perhaps it can show you what's successfully connected and what IP address has been assigned.

Cranium

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

Not looking too good then to make the leap to RTI Core V1.0 then. Just wondering if anybody has had success with it and if it is worth the trouble to break away from original firmware, which has yet to make V1.

Greenpiece wrote: »
    Not looking too good then to make the leap to RTI Core V1.0 then. Just wondering if anybody has had success with it and if it is worth the trouble to break away from original firmware, which has yet to make V1.

most replies on official forum say it works well but it still has a few bugs, a bit like the original fw, but for general tv viewing it seems ok.

Followed thread from satpimps and successfully recovered box & I'm over the moon. Took approx 1Hr from start to finish. I'll retry E2 V1.0 Fix & update using AZUP. Used Jazup last time which may have caused me all the hassle, so will be sure to avoid this time round. Only slight glitch was connecting the serial. Tx on USB goes to Tx on AZ mobo & the same for Rx.

shinobi wrote: »
    Followed thread from satpimps and successfully recovered box & I'm over the moon. Took approx 1Hr from start to finish. I'll retry E2 V1.0 Fix & update using AZUP. Used Jazup last time which may have caused me all the hassle, so will be sure to avoid this time round. Only slight glitch was connecting the serial. Tx on USB goes to Tx on AZ mobo & the same for Rx.

good to hear you got it going. The satpimps Azbox section has a lot of good info in it.

The Rti forum is a strange setup. I tried to post a few times and it was held up for mod approval and then the post never appeared

tapfit2004 wrote: »
    good to hear you got it going. The satpimps Azbox section has a lot of good info in it.

The Rti forum is a strange setup. I tried to post a few times and it was held up for mod approval and then the post never appeared

I'll second that satpimps is the best for AZbox support. RTi forum is not much use for help, only useful for feedback to developers/programmers and also little or no plugin support either.

• Advertisement

My azbox is connected to a 1.2m dish on a diseqc rotor and I was wondering if it is possible to also connect it to a multiswitch using a 2x1diseqc switch. The multiswitch is connected to a fixed dish on 28E.

It would save a few secs waiting for dish to swing back as I have only 1sat tuner along with a DTT tuner in the box which is a premium.
    I am using latest original firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Greenpiece wrote: »
    My azbox is connected to a 1.2m dish on a diseqc rotor and I was wondering if it is possible to also connect it to a multiswitch using a 2x1diseqc switch. The multiswitch is connected to a fixed dish on 28E.

It would save a few secs waiting for dish to swing back as I have only 1sat tuner along with a DTT tuner in the box which is a premium.
    I am using latest original firmware.

I got it to work as you will see in the last post here -http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69225304

I got it to work as you will see in the last post here -http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69225304

Thanks for that, got it working as you described, with positioner setup off for 28E and diseqc set as 1.0 -LNB2 for multiswitch and diseqc set as 1.0 - LNB1 and positioner setup as Usals for rotor.

latest image is out, good reports from people who have tested it.

copied from pimps site.
    To test: a compilation of drivers from various versions of E2 by RTi Team, plus a lot more - done by a Spanish team...

download: http://www.multiupload.com/NU6TKA6TGQ

I want to present from AZBOXHD.es this new project we have initiated a number of people using the system Enigma2.

We have been breeding for several months the baby and I want to present the first BETA of this project which we hope will be well received and to allow all those people who are initiated into the world of Enigma2 his adaptation is as painless as possible.

This image is not developed on any already published, has been compiled from zero puts the RTi GIT Team available around the world to create our images Enigma2. If it is true that we have replaced some things and used drivers that we believe best fit our image of different versions of RTi.

What then are we detail a number of things we have built and programmed especially for our image, but of course some things are beyond us in the Changelog since it has been a lot of work done.

We hope this image can be referenced in the Spanish landscape, especially since our image is dedicated to this community which is where we believe there is a lack of support, care, etc ...

================================= ==

- Download mhw2 integrated EPG image would suffice to put a couple of minutes on a canal that contains the full EPG for it.
    - Added information of retransmissions in the EPG mhw2
    - Ability to copy the EPG channels mhw2 about others using a configuration file equivalents.
    - Added a plugin to configure the equivalence of EPG, schedule the download of EPG mhw2 daily and make an immediate download (the plugin takes care of changing the appropriate channel, wait the necessary time and return to previous channel).
    - Patch simpleload that displays the epg nothing but load it from the crossepg without restarting
    - New skin BlackModern_azboxHDv3
    - Improved display for the accents and ñ
    - New spaz menu (similar to OPENSAT) accessible by pressing the Home Menu
    - Similar to OPENSAT keymap
    - Plugin AzExplorer (file browser)
    - Plugin AzHelp Guide (explanation of the keys on the remote, apart from bringing a section of frequently asked questions)
    - Plugin InfoAz (Displays all of our AZBOX info)
    - Plugin Multiquickbutton
    - Plugin Networkbrowser with Spanish translation
    - Plugin Crossepg with Spanish translation
    - Translated into Spanish Cooltvguide Plugin
    - Plugin Mytube translated into Spanish.
    - Autoclock that solves the problems of time on the VFD when in Standby
    - Panel DescargasSPZ (Updates, Plugins, Channel List, Skins, etc ...)
    - Drivers hybrids (RC12 and 1.0)
    - Drivers experimental WiFi rt2870, RT3070.

=================================

We realize that in this first BETA bugs have apart from containing the RTi firm as it is the firm basis of the GIT compiled, so those errors generated by the RTi to us will be difficult to repair especially if drivers are subject and the like.

We will be fixing the bugs that we detected and adding FIX's in the update system that we have included in the firm, so stay tuned. We will use this system as long as we believe that there is no need to make a new version, such as a huge improvement to come into the system in the next revision of the firm.

To report bugs, translation errors, etc ... Bugtracker we enabled to do so.

Link to Bugtracker:
    Code:
    http://www.azboxhd.es/foro/tracker/project-5-e2-spaze-team/
    You enjoy the picture;-)
    Atte. TEAM SPAZ

I'm trying out Spaze at the minute. So far seems much better than RTi core 1.0 fix, and it's only been released as a beta.
    Really nice release, Better on screen menus, Remote control is correctly keymapped - i.e. keys do what they say they do. Crossepg & Cool TV guide come preinstalled. Very little in the way of cogs & no green screens as of yet.
    Some issues occasionally with loss of sound, as before usually a channel up/down resolves this. Also Picons for Astra2 don't seem to work. I have DTT picons in same folder and they are working fine. Not too sure what the problem is but I have seen it already mentioned on sat pimps already.

Got my box back yesterday from opensat :) arrived there on the 20th ,
    down on RMA form was chip replaced.
    2 year warranty BTW

Found issue with channel & picon naming difference on SPAZE image & did a batch rename so picons would work & uploaded here. (Couldn't upload to boards due to filesize restriction). Also find attached DTT Picons which work on RTi V 1.0 or SPAZE.

Wher did you install picions shinobi ?

Have mine in /media/cf and nothing :(

Wher did you install picions shinobi ?

Have mine in /media/cf and nothing :(

I've them stored in /usr/share/enigma2/picon
    For Cool TV press Guide> Menu> press Blue button for guide and type this into picon path using the remote control.

Slightly off topic but with this version, for the first time yet, RTÉ is now correctly displaying the É on the VFD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PSUNG

Hi all I am new here and was under the impression that the azbox hd (not hd plus) could only use one tuner.By reading this thread it seems that it can have two tuners (ie dvbs2 +dvb t) is this true? Will the azbox hd work with dvbs2 and dvb T ? and if so where would you recommend to buy a dvb T tuner? Thanks in advance.Psung

Advertisement