Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good places that do Open Mic nights?

• 04-08-2012 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey guys I play guitar and sing well-known songs. Would anyone be able to recommend some good places that do open mic nights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

Are you based in Dublin? The only one i can think of off the top of my head is in the hapenny inn. It's a mix of comedians and singer songwriters. Probably best to give them a shout and see when it's actually on.
    I think the International on exchequer st might also do something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 20 studioustim

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

The Battle of the Axe tends to be more comedy than singers. I can't remember the last time I saw a singer/songwriter in there.

The Monday Echo in the basement of the International is poetry and singers. It's a much more receptive audience to singers I think.

Cheers I sent them an email there. If anywhere else comes to mind please do let me know.

Gigs in city centre dublin or surrounding are are what I am really loooking for?

• Advertisement
Advertisement