Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

• 08-09-2009 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30 TonyRomo

2 yr old running around a tree in the park, chasing some pigeons for about 80 seconds. He could never catch up with them, even though the tree wasnt even that long in diameter

You?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭harsea8

Youngest son did a poo in the potty (rather than in his pants or on the floor)...sounds crazy, but that brought a huge smile to the face!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

My 17mths old son was jumping at the door and saying hiya when I arrived back today from my first day at work!

Its only a temp / pt job - but I'm glad he had a good day with Daddy whilst I was away.

Fran

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

My 7 week old just smiled 10 different ways at me when I picked her up. My two year old 'sang' "You're Beautiful" to his Ma.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

I got three dynamite squeezy hugs when I came in from work. Firstly my face and neck, then when I put her down she hugged my leg and then a few seconds later she ran up behind me when I was getting something out of a low press and gave me another squeezy hug from behind. I thought sod everything else.... lets go have a good cuddle on the couch. I'm still smiling!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm a childminder and my "baby" will be 12 in a few weeks but he made me smile when he got in from school and played with the young children I mind without being asked.

Also him showing them his football skills ie keepy-uppy type things and they standing round watching him as if he's the coolest thing ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Two year old dancing in the kitchen made me smile.

The mini tantrum he threw made me laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Alib2009

eighteen month old, insists on radio on first thing and dances away to his hearts content, even singing "uh oh, uh oh," to one of the top ten hits.

The best was him and his buddy dancing to "firestarter - the prodigy" i cried laughing - i am one very lucky mum :D

What makes me laugh is how toddlers in their innocence will tell things and being a childminder believe me when I tell you I've heard some of the funniest things from my mindees who reveal plenty of things that goes on at home. :D:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Share the wealth there deisemum ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭ellie1

Everyday my nine year old makes me smile

Today, I found a card he had written and amongst the jumbled up writing and mis-spellings and I love yous it said "mammy yor my hero"

Love it, tears to my eyes everytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭venividivici

Not today but lastnight, my little girl took her own nappy off and threw it in the bin..not only that, her bottle also followed the nappy into the bin. I said 'jodie what are ya doing it's bed time', she said,'no more daddy, I'm a big girl now'...this was totally out of the blue but it's safe to say I'll be smiling for a while thinking about it..

...oh and her bed was dry as a bone this morning, what a girl!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Last week, while in the middle of a long que for the clothes checkout in Dunnes stores, my darling 3 year old daughter, was running around one of the short pole things they have as a kind of barrier. I let a brief "stop that, leave the pole alone", to which she replied "no daddy, I'm a pole dancer!". Knowing, for a fact, that she didn't know what she had just said, I thought it was funny!

Sweet Lord, but did I get some strange looks from everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

gave me a big hug in the middle of the street in front of all her friends - didn't think I'd get one in public anymore seeing as she is 16. She had just received her junior cert results - very happy with them all. ahhhh, she's still my baby.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

got up this morning to my 18 month old talking away to himself and i say a really big hello from and across the corridor and he shouts back "O" obvoisly not able to say hello yet then when you open the door all you see is his big smiley head looking over the end of the cot!!!!

That can only but set you up for a great day!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Not today but a while ago when about 6/7 months pregnant I said to my two boys 5 and 7 "Who has the biggest belly in the house?" The five year old replied "You do Mammy!" I smiled...until it was followed by "and you have the biggest bum"!! Cheek of him...made me laugh though!

foxy06 wrote: »
    Not today but a while ago when about 6/7 months pregnant I said to my two boys 5 and 7 "Who has the biggest belly in the house?" The five year old replied "You do Mammy!" I smiled...until it was followed by "and you have the biggest bum"!! Cheek of him...made me laugh though!

ROFLMAO :D:D:D

It could be worse though

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm225/Deisemum/baby_chalk.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

My nine month old daughter said "hello" today!! Several times... now there was a short pause between the "hel" and the "lo" but she was saying it! Sooo proud :D AAANND she started waving "bye bye" today too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I would like to add:

After destroying my living room, feeding my flowers to the neighbor's dog, getting three changes of clothes soaking wet, recreating the mediterranean in the kitchen with sand brought in from the garden, after scarping down his portion of seabass and then grabbing mine, a major tantrum all in one afternoon and evening...

he finally went to bed... that put a big smile on my face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 iron bru

I would like to add:

After destroying my living room, feeding my flowers to the neighbor's dog, getting three changes of clothes soaking wet, recreating the mediterranean in the kitchen with sand brought in from the garden, after scarping down his portion of seabass and then grabbing mine, a major tantrum all in one afternoon and evening...

he finally went to bed... that put a big smile on my face.

LMAO I feel your relief,
    My four year old invited four of his friends in and proceeded to hand out every goody I had in the house, all in the space of five mins while I was hoovering upstairs I couldn't help but laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Went upstairs to check my daughter last night , and to tuck her in because it was cold .
    She stirred slightly when I opened the door , looked at me ( still basically asleep ) and said ohhhh Daddy.....
    I told her gently it was sleepy sleeps time, to which she said

" I am sleepy sleeps " promptly closed her eyes and was !

• Advertisement

Khannie wrote: »
    Share the wealth there deisemum ;)

I hear all sorts from daddies doing big farts in bed, to someone in the extended family being pregnant when it's not yet meant for general consumption.

Also if driving past pubs or hotels the toddler coming out with "my mammy drinks in there" as if the mam's a bit of a lush and it's a regular thing which it's not. Will sometimes hear what mam or dad may have said about someone usually an inlaw :rolleyes:

My all time favourite was mammy and daddy playing horsey horsey the night before :D:D:D:D

I'm sure there are plenty of comments made about what goes on in my place when they go home but at least it doesn't involve booze and sex ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

Oh they all gave me a laugh :)

My three year old absolutely adores Kings of Leon's Sex on fire.. I have to play it all the time for her.. she calls it expire!!! And the scary thing is she knows all the words!! Quite funny though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

I gave my 10 year old money to get himself and his sister a treat (Friday's are treat days at school) and he bought cheap stuff for himself and his sister and bought me a Wispa!..:) very touching... although I shouldn't be encouraged!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 TonyRomo

trustno1 wrote: »
    I gave my 10 year old money to get himself and his sister a treat (Friday's are treat days at school) and he bought cheap stuff for himself and his sister and bought me a Wispa!..:) very touching... although I shouldn't be encouraged!!

Its remarkable how generous kids can be sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

My little girl- at her first day at national school she was given one jelly sweet by her new teacher for being a good girl- she saved it and brought it home for her little sister. She is such a sweetheart.:)

And the other morning we were all in the kitchen together and my husband came down in his pjs, not shaven, hair all messy and the little one looked at him and announced- 'Daddy, you look smelly.' Nearly fell off the chair laughing.

deisemum wrote: »

....... mammy and daddy playing horsey horsey the night before

OMG!!!!!!!!! It's bad enough thinking they might hear you but actually telling people outside the house!!!!!!!! I might die with shame!!! Although...............How do you resist the urge to give them a sly wink and smirk and tell them they look extra tired today and ask if they were up late playing horsey horsey last night?! (I get on really well with the staff in our creche and I'm sure they hint at stuff like this all the time!):D

OMG!!!!!!!!! It's bad enough thinking they might hear you but actually telling people outside the house!!!!!!!! I might die with shame!!! Although...............How do you resist the urge to give them a sly wink and smirk and tell them they look extra tired today and ask if they were up late playing horsey horsey last night?! (I get on really well with the staff in our creche and I'm sure they hint at stuff like this all the time!):D

Neeeeeiiiiigggghhhhh ;)

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm225/Deisemum/afterwards1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tee36

My 6 year old who got stitches in his forehead and broke his nose on Thursday arrived into my bedroom this morning and said 'Mom I don't have a headache anymore'.......... relieved and happy!

I got belly flurped while watching TV before bedtime by my 17mth old DD. And she laughed at one of her daddy's farts today too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

On holiday last week so we shared a room with our 14 month old son.

He mustn't have remembered we were in the room with him as he was sitting up in the travel cot really early one morning - with his back to us - holding his teddy, alternating between having a gobbledegook conversation with it and giving it big hugs.

Advertisement