Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Im glad you said that.... I have constipation and thought I was imagining it!

Pizza was yum... Ate more than i thought i would.... My human hoover finished the rest :)

Getting very antzy about the doctors tomorrow, wish it would hurry up already!!!

Should i bring a urine sample with me??

Is this just your appointment with your GP? I don't think you'll need a urine sample for that. Honestly, my GP didn't really do anything. I told him I'd had three positive pregnancy tests and that's all he wanted to know, he didn't confirm it himself.

Then he just worked out my due date, asked was I taking folic acid and then discussed treatment options with me. He then wrote a letter of referral for Holles Street and I discussed a few pregnancy symptoms with him (the poo baby being the main one!) and I was on my way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 JustPassinThru

Congrats to all :)

I am only six weeks tomorrow - so no sickness yet. After reading all of the reports above I am hoping that I don't experience it at all...on the other hand I am sort of hoping I do as it will be another sign!!

I had my first doctors appointment last week - just took history, bp etc. I asked them to send letter to the hospital for an early scan but haven't heard yet obviously...I am a bit worried however that my blood tests have been arranged for second week in December...I will be just 12 weeks then. Should I be having my first bloods earlier than this - surely the earlier you have them the better??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Congrats JustPassinThru!

Hope you don't get the sickness, fingers crossed. In case it helps, I am not due to have my bloods taken until the 12 week checkup too. I can't remember what the midwife exactly said but I think they were for things (that I thought anyway) were fairly inocuous like blood group, rubella immunity and the like. Though maybe that was because I wasn't in a risk group for other diseases like diabetes or the like perhaps..

Congrats JustPassinThru!

Hope you don't get the sickness, fingers crossed. In case it helps, I am not due to have my bloods taken until the 12 week checkup too. I can't remember what the midwife exactly said but I think they were for things (that I thought anyway) were fairly inocuous like blood group, rubella immunity and the like. Though maybe that was because I wasn't in a risk group for other diseases like diabetes or the like perhaps..

Thanks krankykitty! Maybe week 12 is normal so and I am just worrying needlessly! When I had a miscarriage last year my bloods were taken at week 6 - but when all is well week 12 is probably normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Hi can I join you all?
    I just did test and went to doc today and Im due 19th June :)
    I already have a 16month old daughter so i can't wait to give her a little brother or sister!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Congrats all :)

I went to see GP at 5 weeks and he asked me to come back at 6 weeks and the nurse in the surgery did my bloods. She said she'd send a copy to hospital. Think it was iron, thyroid, and rubella, varicella etc (not sure what the last one is!).

Very ill yesterday but fine today. Definitely less bad days than the previous few weeks :) fingers crossed it stays like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Varicella is chicken pox. They test for loads of immunities, plus HIV, STDs, anything thatcould affect the pregnancy really. also blood type and I think she said certain vitamin deficencies, because my last pregnancy is less than 2 years ago? Or did I dream that bit. My sleep is all over the place... Night shift is messing with me.

My bloods were taken by the nurse at the GPs too, and a urine sample to confirm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

Just woken up... I feel so snug listening to the rain :)

My breasts are very sore and im constipated... I have noticed the last few days I get waves of nausea around 1pm ... Weird...

I was never a veg person but really trying the last few days so Im proud.

Thank god today has finally come and I get checked out... Ive a long list of questions for her. I have an underactive thyroid so have a few q's on that...

So hard not to get excited :)

Congrats to new expectant mums - so exciting!!

Julias - 'm so jealous you're snug at home - I'm in work. Boo! Although, compared to how sick I was yesterday I feel like a million dollars today, I might even eat something! Yesterday I puked in the car park beside my car when I was leaving so I just drove off quickly in case anyone saw. :o Luckily it rained so heavily overnight!! Had microwave popcorn for dinner, it's all I could stomach. How bad is that?

I'm not getting bloods taken until my 12 week appointment apparently, GP didn't even take my blood pressure or anything like that. My forms from Holles Street have what they will be doing and bloods/history/blood pressure + weight seems to be the main things they'll be looking at.

Julias - good luck at the doc today!

Microwave popcorn? I had some last night too but i burnt my last bag...

Im showered and sheened and I feel so much better :)

Thanks Murdywurdy :D

• Advertisement

have discovered something to help with the sickness - salt and vinegar hunky dorys. Suddenly had to have some at lunchtime and they really settled my stomach. I don't even like salt and vinegar crisps - if they're in the house I'd rather have nothing than eat them normally. Very strange :)

Today I am just six weeks. Have just noticed some brownish discharge when at bathroom. Not sure if it is ok or if I should be worried. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Hey Ladies, Doctor confirmed im around 7 weeks. :D

Feeling so tired,bloated and bit emotional nice to find this thread. Feeling kind of forgetful,or a bit daunted ;)
    So Happy, only told my dad by skype today wont tell the inlaws til 12 weeks as my mil cant keep a secret.
    So excited for the scan, trying to keep my stress levels down and my partner is fussing like mad lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Today I am just six weeks. Have just noticed some brownish discharge when at bathroom. Not sure if it is ok or if I should be worried. :(
    Hi justpassinthrough

Brown discharge is usually nothing to worry about, just give the hospital a call if you're worried but i think its quite common in early pregnancy!
    Hope everything goes ok x

I've also heard brown discharge is nothing to worry about, that if it's bright red then there may be a problem. If you're still worried though it's always worth talking to the doctor.
    sunshiner wrote: »
    Hey Ladies, Doctor confirmed im around 7 weeks. :D

Feeling so tired,bloated and bit emotional nice to find this thread. Feeling kind of forgetful,or a bit daunted ;)
    So Happy, only told my dad by skype today wont tell the inlaws til 12 weeks as my mil cant keep a secret.
    So excited for the scan, trying to keep my stress levels down and my partner is fussing like mad lol.

Congratulations! We also haven't told my in-laws because my fil can't keep a secret - feel bad for my husband but that's just the say it is! Hopefully the time until your scan goes quickly, it's so hard not telling people :)

Im not liking waking up early especially on these cold mornings... Had a bit of energy today so I have a wash on and a wash out....The MIL is callling later... Shes still in the dark and like sunshiner, dont really trust her to say quiet.... ( i feel bad saying that as i love her really :D )

So was at the doctors yesterday and Im all confirmed, feels real now. I was to be called for a hip replacement next year so that's out the window. The doctor did advise me that my muscles will now be more relaxed so I am very nervous in case I fall or anything.

How is everybody?

Im not liking waking up early especially on these cold mornings... Had a bit of energy today so I have a wash on and a wash out....The MIL is callling later... Shes still in the dark and like sunshiner, dont really trust her to say quiet.... ( i feel bad saying that as i love her really :D )

So was at the doctors yesterday and Im all confirmed, feels real now. I was to be called for a hip replacement next year so that's out the window. The doctor did advise me that my muscles will now be more relaxed so I am very nervous in case I fall or anything.

How is everybody?

In-laws are funny - I don't have a mother-in-law but my FIL causes enough trouble for two parents! :)

I'm ok this morning, although I only kept my breakfast down for about 2 minutes which wasn't much fun :(

Will the pregnancy make your hip feel worse or better Julias?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hello ladies,
    I am on cloud nine. Had my scan and everything is lookin good. Saw the lickle heart beat n all. Have pics of my lil bean. Wow I'm starting to feel very excited now but still nervous. Justpassinthru- I hope you are feeling ok. Have you had any pain? If it was me I would phone ur dr or early preg unit in ur local hospital and just ask. I'm over cautious probably but even just for ur own peace of mind. I'm sure its nothing thou. Murdy Wurdy- uv been havin it rough. I still haven'y vomited thou I hav been close. Smells of thins (everything) is just turning my stomach. Also I have a red rash all over my face. Strange!! Also I've been prescribed asprin low dose by dr who performed scan. Very wary about taking it. Have ran my GP for second opinion but have any of you come across this?

Also I meant to say congrats and welcome to all new members!! Julias jewel- how did your dr visit go? Hope your hip won't give you trouble. Poor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

DoubleB wrote: »
    Hello ladies,
    I am on cloud nine. Had my scan and everything is lookin good. Saw the lickle heart beat n all. Have pics of my lil bean. Wow I'm starting to feel very excited now but still nervous. Justpassinthru- I hope you are feeling ok. Have you had any pain? If it was me I would phone ur dr or early preg unit in ur local hospital and just ask. I'm over cautious probably but even just for ur own peace of mind. I'm sure its nothing thou. Murdy Wurdy- uv been havin it rough. I still haven'y vomited thou I hav been close. Smells of thins (everything) is just turning my stomach. Also I have a red rash all over my face. Strange!! Also I've been prescribed asprin low dose by dr who performed scan. Very wary about taking it. Have ran my GP for second opinion but have any of you come across this?

Awh DoubleB that's brilliant you must be floating on air :D
    I don't really know anything about the aspirin part....Sorry!

Congrats to everyone else that got their bfp!

Over the last few days I haven't really felt sick but the tiredness is a killer, Like a few people were saying it's like a hangover!

From today I have decided that I need to eat better, Before getting pregnant I had been in Weight Watchers and had lost a stone and a half and I'm a little freaked out about putting on weight (Which is terrible), I know obviously that I will put on weight but I don't want this as an excuse to eat what I like, So I am going to go shopping and buy lots of fruit and veg and hopefully they will make it to my mouth and not the bin lol

• Advertisement

wow lainycool that was a lot of weight to lose. I had intended on shifting a few pounds before I got preg. I'm not over weight but just had put on a little weight recently. I intend on trying to gain weight at a healthy rate during this pregnancy. Dunno how yet thou as I've been eating nothing but rubbish and too tired to exercise. I'll start tomorrow!!!!

I lost some weight on weight watchers recently (just 5 -6 lbs, that's all I needed to lose). I got a text from my leader last week telling me to come back because I didn't want to look like a Christmas pudding next month. Cheek of her!

Felt like writing back telling her I'm ok, I'm on a 1st trimester diet. I can't eat anything but crisps and grapes and they don't often stay down either!

Steady weight gain is expected but I guess we just need to watch it and not go too mad thinking we're eating for two! Apparently if you intend to bf as well that helps with the weight you've put on.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Thanks for the welcome :D I was ok today until i went to the butcher,i was ok in the fishmonger but the being in the butcher seriously made me want to puke. Tiredness,dehydration,headaches is my main problem... that and stress! Just found a stray dog and trying to find its owner :P

speaking of dogs,i think my dogs knew before me,they been acting all strange and clingy lately in a nice way.

as for inlaws - its not that they cause trouble,my sis in law is pregnant due in january and the MIL had everyone told in a day. I like my privacy too much. best to wait me thinks for the scan etc.

my dad was cute,he cried a little with happiness.

sunshiner wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome :D I was ok today until i went to the butcher,i was ok in the fishmonger but the being in the butcher seriously made me want to puke. Tiredness,dehydration,headaches is my main problem... that and stress! Just found a stray dog and trying to find its owner :P

speaking of dogs,i think my dogs knew before me,they been acting all strange and clingy lately in a nice way.

as for inlaws - its not that they cause trouble,my sis in law is pregnant due in january and the MIL had everyone told in a day. I like my privacy too much. best to wait me thinks for the scan etc.

my dad was cute,he cried a little with happiness.

Aww, that is so sweet! A little part of me felt weird telling my Dad (even though he was delighted) because it's like shouting in his face, "Dad - I have sex"!

I haven't had any problems at the butcher or with meat yet (touch wood) but my mum did tell me the other day she fainted at the meat counter at the supermarket when she was pregnant with me. The butcher had a special stool behind the counter for pregnant women to sit on. He said she was the third woman to faint on him that week! I gave her awful trouble when she was pregnant, I hope I was worth it!!

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

Aww, that is so sweet! A little part of me felt weird telling my Dad (even though he was delighted) because it's like shouting in his face, "Dad - I have sex"!

I haven't had any problems at the butcher or with meat yet (touch wood) but my mum did tell me the other day she fainted at the meat counter at the supermarket when she was pregnant with me. The butcher had a special stool behind the counter for pregnant women to sit on. He said she was the third woman to faint on him that week! I gave her awful trouble when she was pregnant, I hope I was worth it!!

fainting at the butchers.... Oh lord... Will be getting the Oh to go so!!!

Aw thanks girls for asking.
    Docs visit went great, gave me the prescription for folic acid, il have to get my bloods done every month for my underactive thyroid. My right hip (the bad one) is real sore at the moment so im lucky in that i can still do my stretches. She said its in the last trimester is when most women get hip pain so il be looking at bedrest ;( but il worry about that when it happens!

Bar my hip, i had a great day today. Ate little and often, no nausea, brought young cousins to the cinema. The trips to the bathroom was annoying. I think it could have been the cold though! Im just sitting down now and have little backache. Im completely wrecked, hopefully il sleep past 8 in the morning!

OH dosnt understand my need to keep this quiet. I have told my mam as OH travels every other weekend for college and if anything was to happen i would ring her... I agreed to wait til the first week in December to tell family as i should be at the 11 week mark then. Hes like a child he needs to tell someone. Got emotionl earlier as i was explaining to him how important this is to me.

Do ye think 11 weeks is ok to tell immediate family??

fainting at the butchers.... Oh lord... Will be getting the Oh to go so!!!

Aw thanks girls for asking.
    Docs visit went great, gave me the prescription for folic acid, il have to get my bloods done every month for my underactive thyroid. My right hip (the bad one) is real sore at the moment so im lucky in that i can still do my stretches. She said its in the last trimester is when most women get hip pain so il be looking at bedrest ;( but il worry about that when it happens!

Bar my hip, i had a great day today. Ate little and often, no nausea, brought young cousins to the cinema. The trips to the bathroom was annoying. I think it could have been the cold though! Im just sitting down now and have little backache. Im completely wrecked, hopefully il sleep past 8 in the morning!

OH dosnt understand my need to keep this quiet. I have told my mam as OH travels every other weekend for college and if anything was to happen i would ring her... I agreed to wait til the first week in December to tell family as i should be at the 11 week mark then. Hes like a child he needs to tell someone. Got emotionl earlier as i was explaining to him how important this is to me.

Do ye think 11 weeks is ok to tell immediate family??

I think whenever you want to tell people is when it is ok - it's completely up to you (and your partner). My immediate family (uncles, aunts, cousins, mum, dad and brother) all know already and I'm only 7.5 weeks. It's the worst kept secret in the world. At first I was a bit annoyed but then I thought just go with it and if something happens then at least I'll have my family for support. My husband is waiting until we have the early private scan (in a week) to tell his family but he's asked if it's ok not to wait until the 12 weeks. I can hardly tell him no reallly after all my family know!

So really, whatever you want to do, I say go for it!

Sucks about the hip but at least you're taking it easy and you're aware of it. I know at the time it might be a bit crap but at the moment bedrest sounds like heaven to me :D

Although I'm feeling better today than I have in a while. Only gagged when I brushed my teeth and had a nice hot chocolate on the way to work. I had mcdonalds for dinner last night. I was craving it so bad and I'd normally only eat it when I'm really really hungover. We decided any food was better than none and girls, I'm not joking, it was one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted!!

Morning all!! Hope everyone is well. Quick question for those of u who have been getting sick. Would I feel better if I actually got sick. Feel AWFUL today and have fought the urge to vomit twice. Do yee feel bit of relief after getting sick? I've a bit of a fear of puking! So sorry for TMI but I just feel desperate. Hope u are all ok today. Xxx

Morning all!! Hope everyone is well. Quick question for those of u who have been getting sick. Would I feel better if I actually got sick. Feel AWFUL today and have fought the urge to vomit twice. Do yee feel bit of relief after getting sick? I've a bit of a fear of puking! So sorry for TMI but I just feel desperate. Hope u are all ok today. Xxx

I hate to tell you but I don't feel any better after puking, well maybe for like 30 seconds but then I feel worse. That's where it's unlike a hangover! I do my best not to puke but just to breathe through the nausea. It might be different for you though, as everyone's bodies react in different ways so maybe give it a go and see how you feel?

I know how you feel, it is the most awful feeling in the world and you have my deepest sympathies. I was so bad on Monday I felt like I would never be well again. I was so miserable. I've had days where it's been better if that helps!

Thanks so much for ur quick response. Has eased slightly but still feel horrible. I need to try eat something I think. Yuck!

• Advertisement

Thanks so much for ur quick response. Has eased slightly but still feel horrible. I need to try eat something I think. Yuck!

What's worked for me is grapes and salt and vinegar crisps! Crackers just made me feel worse :(Hope you feel better soon.

Advertisement