Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the live nerds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭godfrey

Forget your sound training courses, a day with this guy would teach you 10 times more...

g

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Count me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Yep, the only problem is this all happens in US...I am not a pro by any way, but would love to see guys like this in action...

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

wonski wrote: »
    Yep, the only problem is this all happens in US...I am not a pro by any way, but would love to see guys like this in action...
    Nope if there's enough demand from people in each town he's going to on this tour he'll set up a seminar. Don't have to be strictly a pro but if you've a strong interest in the subject I'd guess yer welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Great idea, and I'll say he'll make a killing from it too, along with his pay from the tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭if6was9

Interested. A mate of mine is mad about him too so he'll definately go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I would defo go along tbh.

Nice wan, get emailing to Seminar@ratsound.com so! :) Hopefully they can sort something out

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

If I currently lived in Dublin I'd gladly pay 45-ish Euro to attend any of Dave's lectures. I've been following his various blogs for a long time and in my amateur opinion he really knows his stuff (as you would have to if hired by the likes of Soundgarden, Red Hot Chili Peppers etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 paulbreen911

I've dropped him an email, so count me in

• Advertisement

http://www.daverat.com/seminar.htm

Dunno if it makes a difference but there's a form on the page now...
    Says something about someone volunteering to host it, any ideas?

Received this email the other day
    Hey,
    My name is Kim and I help Dave organize seminars.
    Dublin is definitely on our list and we'll be there on the 24th of this month.
    Unfortunately you were one of the few who showed interest us hosting a seminar there.
    It is still a possibility but i need to get more attendees in order to cover all our costs!
    I've been sending links out to sound companies and am still waiting to hear from them.
    Do you know of any other leads i could possibly follow in order to make this happen?
    It would be a shame to skip it if he's going to be there!

Keep in touch when you can,
    Cheers,
    Kim

I'm actually gonna be away for it at a gig unfortunately :rolleyes: but i'm sure there's someone around here still interested

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

got a mail from Kim myself just a few minutes ago. Seminar will be happening either monday evening or tuesday morning, depending on which suits the greater number of interested parties (please let it be monday)
    get in touch by email (think its in one of the earlier posts) if you're interested in going along!

Got an email myself, unfortunately cant make either days. Isle of wight FOH beckons!

Best to spread the word with all your audio peers because this definitely isn't worth missing if you're in town!

Hope whoever makes it shares their experiences. Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Was this guy the sound engineer for RHCP last night?

Cos apparently the sound was piss poor.

Advertisement