Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass Fishing: Oysterhaven/ kinsale/ courmacsherry

• 20-04-2012 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi there,
    can someone tell me how where when with what can u catch bass!
    i know theres a technique to it.

(1) Can u use a multiuplier reel - im buying a new set up so maybe just buy normal reel
    (2) I normally just go for mackarel or ling if im lucky

i know 3 lads who are into it but wont see them for a while & i know that you need special bait - speacial spot - leave it sit on the sea floor and strike??

interested boat fishing bass!!! really sick of pollock - such a crap fish unless its deep fat fried which is unhealthy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Don't know how you can say Pollock is a crap fish.....made a load of fishcakes with some Pollock I caught on Friday. And there is so much more that can be done with it. Is great in a fishpie, smoked, baked. But def best when fried :D

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mattcullen

Don't know that area but I've heard its good for bass. Generally if bait fishing people aim to cast to the third breaker on a beach with a bit of a surf running with lug, crab or razorclam. Or find a shallow rough ground mark (be prepared to lose tackle) and lob a chunk of peeler crab into a gulley. Check outh Sea Angling Ireland forum and you'll get loads of info from those who know the area I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭jd

If you have your own boat this may whet your appetite. Have a look at JimC's posts on SAI.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

FanadMan wrote: »
    Don't know how you can say Pollock is a crap fish.....made a load of fishcakes with some Pollock I caught on Friday. And there is so much more that can be done with it. Is great in a fishpie, smoked, baked. But def best when fried :D

didnt think of that! fish cakes ... hmmm nice 1!

but still my question is - does having a boat serve any advantage for bass fishing??

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Patolagola

Ned_led16 wrote: »
    Hi there,

(1) Can u use a multiuplier reel - im buying a new set up so maybe just buy normal reel

i know 3 lads who are into it but wont see them for a while & i know that you need special bait - speacial spot - leave it sit on the sea floor and strike??

interested boat fishing bass!!! really sick of pollock - such a crap fish unless its deep fat fried which is unhealthy!

"Can u use a multiuplier reel" Stick with fixed spool, multis are for distance casting and bass are never more than 40 meters from the shore. Iv caught 7lbs fish by lobbing it only 20 feet.

Iv never done boat bassing but shore bassing is great fun if you hook a nice one. They put up a hell of a fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭tonytoc11

Whats he using in that video above? I do a bit of spinning off the rocks where he's fishing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

savage gear soft plastics, paddle tails and slug eels.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Ned_led16 wrote: »
    Hi there,

They are off season now so you have to wait till June 15th

Advertisement