Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City Predictions Thread

• 01-01-2010 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

(All credit for this thread goes Meeja Ireland)

So please post all your FC predictions for 2010

Here goes for me:-

The father of Yvonne's baby is Louie

Kylie fakes a pregnancy and miscarriage to try and get Dean back

Bob makes a pass at Carol

Dolores and Malachy get married

Farrah Phelan returns

Zumo/Lara/Wayne love triangle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Suzanne has an affair...with Mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

-Wayne and Orla start dating, much to Keith's disappointment, but when Keith has an accident at the garage, Orla realises how she feels about him and the two get together, causing Wayne to drown his sorrows and he develops an alcohol problem, but is soon comforted by Yvonne and the two begin an affair, landing Wayne right in the middle of an already quite complicated love situation already involving Yvonne, Connie, Louie, Paul & Niamh... Eventually once the baby is born things settle down... Niamh forgives Paul for his one night stand with Yvonne and Yvonne leaves the child in their care... She then reveals to Connie that she loves Wayne... Connie is distraught, but is comforted by Louie and while they don't have any romantic feelings for one another, Connie and Louie move in together...

-Mondo returns to Carrigstown with Juliet, after Kira is killed in a mugging incident. Mondo and Juliet both grieve, but are welcomed home by everyone and Mondo realises that Carrigstown is the place he must raise his daughter...

-In one of the more shocking storylines of the year, Barry who has had his fair share of women in the past, begins to develop feelings for his friend and colleague, Séamus... When Barry makes his move on Séamus, it is obvious the feelings are not recipricated and Séamus is outraged and starts spreading the word around Carrigstown that Barry is now batting for the other team... At first Barry denies the accusations, but when Avi makes a move on Barry, the two become an item...

-Cass, Bela and Charlie embark on a lads weekend down in Wexford, and while there the three decide to revisit their youth and throughout the year the three start making the most of their lives and even go skydiving.

-Christy is attacked by Bob's mafia friends and ends up hospitalised... When he returns home, he's not his usual upbeat self and Carol and Ray are worried about him, but after a chat with Ray, Christy begins to feel like himself again and in a attempt to prove the real Christy is back, he proposed to Carol by climbing the roof of McCoys as a grand gesture and she graciously accepts...

-Jo starts receiving death threats from the mother of a child that has been put into Jo and Dermot's care... While Deegan assures Dermot and Jo that a restraining order has been taken out and the woman will not come anywhere near them, Dermot is unconvinced and hires Damien to be Jo's personal bodyguard... Both Jo and Damien find it awkward at first spending so much time together, but then the two become romantically involved and shockingly manage to keep their affair a secret from Dermot and Suzanne...

-Bob sees a money making opportunity by going into business with Zumo, and the two open an illegal underground fight club, where Mondo becomes the undefeated champion and is making a lot of money with the winnings... but then Doug decides he could be a good fighter and takes on Mondo... Doug wins the fight by default when Mondo cracks his skull open on the concrete... Mondo is rushed to A & E and while they manage to stabilise his condition, he is left comatose for 2 weeks and when he awakes from the coma he has no idea who he is or who anyone else is... Bob and Zumo stop the underground fighting ring after Mondo's accident and the whole thing is covered up in order to prevent the gardai finding out about the illegal activities... but while he got off scot free, will Doug be able to deal with the guilt of what he's done to Mondo...

-Robert and Cleo move in together and while things don't work out great at first, they soon decide to get married... and the pair have trouble trying to get Ian to move out of the apartment...

-Serial Killer In Carrigstown... A newbie shows up and people start getting killed... and obviously the blame is on them... but it's actually a Carrigstown favourite that is on a killing spree... Dolores, after having to hand baby Jane back over to Lara starts going a bit mad and begins picking off residents one by one, starting with Lara... 3 others, Kylie, Sarah and Sean are taken out by Dolores, but Wayne and becomes suspicious of his mother and informs Deegan of his suspicions... When Dolores tries to take out Paul, Deegan and Ian catch her in the act and Paul escapes with his life... Dolores is put on trial, but is found to be mentally unstable and is sent into a mental institution, but she escapes after 3 months and returns to Carrigstown seeking revenge on the same night that half of Carrigstown are celebrating Christy and Carols engagement in McCoy's and Dolores drives a lorry into the front of McCoys... Who will make it out alive???

-and much much more... including Dean and Tracey's wedding where Leo eventually forgives his son, Malachy and Pete pair up to start their own photography business, Mark suffers depression as the leaving cert gets closer, Eileen finds new ways to make some quick cash, and a few new faces move into town...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Something happens with Carol & Bob, something I would love to see :D

Shannon moves in with Leo

Troy comes back

Wayne & Cleo embark on an affair

One of Bela's kids/Grandkids comes back

Yvonne loses the baby

Avi & Kylie get together

Someone gets murdered, I am going for Lara

Louie gets his kids back

Cass moves in with Niamh

Una returns with a new boyfriend

I will think of more later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Births:

I don't have much inspiration here, except that the show hasn't done a teenage pregnancy since Mondo and Ciara. But they don't seem to have any teenage girls at the moment. So either a new teenage girl character, or Roisin will come back. As for the father, I think Doug would be a great choice. To see him coping with fatherhood could be both sad and funny.

Deaths:

Louie. (Sorry, Angel.) I can see him going on a very dramatic spiral of drinkin' and druggin', and ending up falling out of a hot air balloon onto Paul Brennan's dangerously glistening head. Also one of Zumo's brothers, from heroin that Zumo helped to supply, prompting Zumo to either straighten up or get a lot worse.

Marriages:

Dean and Tracey. Cleo and Robert will to up at the altar.

Affairs:

Dermot to have an affair with someone new. Also Bob and Tracey. Also Wayne and Cleo.

Exits:

Sarah. Connie, possibly stealing Yvonne's baby.

Entrances:

I think we will see at least two actors from The Clinic. In character terms, I wouldn't be surprised to see the return of Nicola, and the return of at least one of the Doyles. Pick any two of Jimmy, Darren and Louise. I think Ray will find love. And shouldn't Paul's gay brother be out of prison by now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

absolute genius from captain negative.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

-Serial Killer In Carrigstown... A newbie shows up and people start getting killed... and obviously the blame is on them... but it's actually a Carrigstown favourite that is on a killing spree... Dolores, after having to hand baby Jane back over to Lara starts going a bit mad and begins picking off residents one by one, starting with Lara... 3 others, Kylie, Sarah and Sean are taken out by Dolores, but Wayne and becomes suspicious of his mother and informs Deegan of his suspicions... When Dolores tries to take out Paul, Deegan and Ian catch her in the act and Paul escapes with his life... Dolores is put on trial, but is found to be mentally unstable and is sent into a mental institution, but she escapes after 3 months and returns to Carrigstown seeking revenge on the same night that half of Carrigstown are celebrating Christy and Carols engagement in McCoy's and Dolores drives a lorry into the front of McCoys... Who will make it out alive???

Fantastic stuff there; the Dolores storyline would be a leading contender for best soap storyline in any award ceremony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Suzanne has an affair...with Mark!

and falls pregnant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭shreksaurus

Births:

I don't have much inspiration here, except that the show hasn't done a teenage pregnancy since Mondo and Ciara. But they don't seem to have any teenage girls at the moment. So either a new teenage girl character, or Roisin will come back. As for the father, I think Doug would be a great choice. To see him coping with fatherhood could be both sad and funny.
    That would be great. What about Rachel for a teenage pregnancy?

I hope Damien has an affair with Yvonne, and Yvonne gets pregnant again (when she is finished having Pauls baby that is).

I hope Mondo comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

They are all brilliant!! It would be great to see any one of them happening! It would be great if the Fair City website had a compition to post a storyline that would be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 anto475

i can see dermot and jo eventually getting a divorce with jo going after felix and dermot hooking up somehow with kylie. possibly after she gets mega-pissed on a downer after dean and tracy's wedding.

i think wayne's going to get into a huge fight with dolores (something to do with him fecking off to canada) and him getting with the woman whose baby dolores is minding (i forget her name). meanwhile cleo and robert find their own place and marry also.

sean'll probably abduct rachel and take her away from paul, as he feels she's unsafe with him. the absence of rachel reunifies niamh and paul. they later find rachel, but she's almost dead or something, and paul goes after sean and kills him, but niamh doesn't seem too mad at him for this.

the man who damien got the money off will come back and try and kill him, but get suzanne in the process. damien'll kill said man and mark will be raised by his aunt and laura, who'll come over from galway for him while damien's incarcerated/on the run.

louie will go ape after the baby is born and will attack yvonne, leaving her in hospital, and threatening connie. connie will flee and the baby will be left to niamh and paul, being the will of yvonne. they'll meet when accepting the baby and will get back together again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Kylie falls pregnant by Dermot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

-
    -Robert and Cleo move in together and while things don't work out great at first, they soon decide to get married...

This one is coming along. How long more now before the wedding?

Wouldnt mind this one to start now.
    -

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought I'd bump this thread to see anyone was close or way off with their predictions also please post some new predictions if you like ;)

It seems Cleo and Robert getting their own place was popular and spot on

I thought I'd bump this thread

Christy is the father of Carol's baby which causes Louie to dump Carol and he falls back on drugs and loses his businesses and all his money

Orla sleeps with Pete

Una returns for Keith

Robert and Sash get married

Wayne gets with Suzanne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Laura and Yyvone (sp?) have an affair

Esther moves in with David and Suzanne

Dermot finds out about Tommy and Jo's affair, divorces her and turns to drink.
    Rachael becomes a born again Christian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Christy ends it all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Jasmine returns to Carrigstown

Jasmine returns to Carrigstown

Who?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who?

She used work in rainbows with hannah about ten years ago.

Jade Yourell played her

I like to see Darren and Louise Doyle return

• Advertisement

She used work in rainbows with hannah about ten years ago.

Jade Yourell played her

Cant remember if she was a relation or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭xalot

Cant remember if she was a relation or not

I think she was Hanna's grand-daughter, could be wrong though.

Tracey returns loaded after marrying a rich old fella and buys McCoys

xalot wrote: »
    I think she was Hanna's grand-daughter, could be wrong though.

Think you might be right...i dont think she got on with yvonne or someone like that..not jasmines problem though

Heres a clip of her...but it gets a bit annoying the way it repeats..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2RfVDUASa4

Judith hooks up with Finn

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭jos28

All the women that Tommy has been 'seeing to' form a support group headed by Dolores !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Bob gets a voice amplifier so we can actually hear him!

Anyone any new predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone any new predictions?

I reckon Carol and Louie will split and he will get custody of baby due to her past. However Zumo will side with Carol and dose Louie up on coke leaving him penniless and asking bob to help. Bob will buy McCoys and rename name it Charles in Charge.....:D

• Advertisement

deelite wrote: »
    I reckon Carol and Louie will split and he will get custody of baby due to her past. However Zumo will side with Carol and dose Louie up on coke leaving him penniless and asking bob to help. Bob will buy McCoys and rename name it Charles in Charge.....:D

I'd love to see Louie as a cokehead :p

Advertisement