Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sini Fada in Word (fast response needed)

• 09-07-2003 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭

Is there a simple way to put a sinu fada on different letters withotu going into symbols all the time in Word.

I have a user who has used MAC all his life and we finally got him ocnverted to Word and he keeps relating every thing back to the MAC way off doing things.

What i need is a simple way of putting a sini fada on the letters that need it.

I have no immeddiate acces tohis machine as he is working at home and i need to explain it to him step by step.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

áéíóú

Hold down the ALT-GR button and then press the letter in question. (note: thats the ALT-GR button... the right hand ALT button, not the left hand one.)

Hows that for a fast response :p

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

er..is that the proper name for an irish fada?

if so just hold down <Alt Gr> (right hand side of space bar) and press the vowel you want the fada on.

á é í ó ú

think you need tho have the windows local for the keyboard set to Ireland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Originally posted by DeVore

Hows that for a fast response :p

DeV.

I think i should call for a stewards enquiry....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Yeah you both psoted at the same time according to the software. But devore beat you to it.

I owe you bought a drink whenever i make it to the boards Beer.

Thanks. (this is why i love boards)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

he cant do it the mac way as there is no option key on a pc anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement