Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

donohoe came across very amateurish in his debating on the fiscal treaty last night as vinny corrected him a number of times on points that he made. he does seem a decent guy but imo probably wont be taoiseach or tanaiste material for FG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Good loser

Skid wrote: »
    Nothing in what you have said offers any evidence that Pascal Donohue made a worthwhile contribution to last night's debate. I think he is a waffler who offers very little in his contributions.

I haven't the time or inclination to deliver 'evidence' as you call it.

I've always considered him intelligent and well able for his brief - more so than Vincent. Mostly honest too.

Next time notice how Vincent harangues those he disagrees with and gives a free ride to his pets. When his side are getting 'done' he breaks for the ads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Interesting to see TV3 follow up on an RTÉ Production.

Anyone hear Tom McGurk on the first half hour of Moncrieff earlier? Well worth a listen.

Niamh Lyons looking well tonight !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ya the debate was awful
    The no's won imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭take everything

This media dude is quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Good panel tonight. Gemma on again too so it was worth her time ruining Gallagher.
    The earlier debate was very poor with all the interrupting and i also think the "No" side won easily. Gilmour refusing to debate the Banking crisis which is very important in the debate. That lad has really turned his back on all that Labour stood for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Personally, I'm more confused and conflicted about this referendum than ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Vincent seems very chilled out and mellow tonight. Not his normal grouchy and cranky self. Maybe it's because of the lack of politicans on the panel :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

ambid wrote: »
    Vincent seems very chilled out and mellow tonight. Not his normal grouchy and cranky self. Maybe it's because of the lack of politicans on the panel :D

Probably because the treaty has zero significance for Ireland or anywhere else due to the rapidly changing situation in Europe. He knows this treaty and its outcome doesn't matter a tick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Lapin wrote: »
    Interesting to see TV3 follow up on an RTÉ Production.

Anyone hear Tom McGurk on the first half hour of Moncrieff earlier? Well worth a listen.

Niamh Lyons looking well tonight !

C'mon now, doesn't she always? She would look good in a bin liner:D

That feckin Lynch wan is on again.

• Advertisement

Jess16 wrote: »
    Personally, I'm more confused and conflicted about this referendum than ever

Doesn't really matter. Ganley is right that the bank debt is the whole ballgame. This treaty is arguing about what direction to turn after we've hit an iceberg. This won't stop us sinking and it's just to keep the Germans happy that Europe does not have a chaotic approach to finance. It won't substantially either fix or worsen our problems.

I agree with Niamh (who wouldn't ?) that the Referendum should be deferred. No need for it at this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Hack VB says Enda Kenny can't hack it on his show!
    And he'd be right.

Give him time.

Many a panellist in that studio had the same thought until Vinnie came in late to bite them in the butt. :p

Lapin wrote: »
    Give him time.

Many a panellist in that studio had the same thought until Vinnie came in late to bite them in the butt. :p

I saw him in Dundrum town center a few weeks back and he seemed very annoyed then.

Mind you shopping does that to me too :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Doesn't really matter. Ganley is right that the bank debt is the whole ballgame. This treaty is arguing about what direction to turn after we've hit an iceberg. This won't stop us sinking and it's just to keep the Germans happy that Europe does not have a chaotic approach to finance. It won't substantially either fix or worsen our problems.

Without wishing to sound at all rude, that's a very simplistic approach to what is essentially a Treaty with very complex implications. Any potential change to our Constitution is something with significant ramifications and not to be dismissed as irrelevant.

Not surprised Enda isn't making an appearance at TV3 -Vincent would eat him for breakfast!

theres too many bluffers in this country
    Politics and tv is full of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Without wishing to sound at all rude, that's a very simplistic approach to what is essentially a Treaty with very complex implications. Any potential change to our Constitution is something with significant ramifications and not to be dismissed as irrelevant.

These implications/ramifications are only relevant in the case that there's actually someone to answer to. This is the point. The European project and its institutions are on very shakey ground, the implications of this treaty are fleeting. I would say it could possibly become irrelevant but in this case, it already has.

Not surprised Enda isn't making an appearance at TV3 -Vincent would eat him for breakfast!

Yeah but my point is the bank debt is our biggest single problem. We're not discussing that at all.

The debate on Europe I want is what Europe should look like - an intergovernmental alliance, a confederation, a full federation. We're not having that debate either. We're getting federation by increment and I'm not comfortable with that.

The treaty largely recommits us to commitments we have mainly already made in previous treaties, so I find it difficult to get excited about it.

Besides, as Bruton said on TWIP, twice in 30 years Irish givernments have brought this country to bankrupcy for short term electoral advantage. I don't trust the Irish political system to produce effective or competant government so forcing governments to adhere to sensible economic principles is something we probably need.

Getting a bit tired of V.B.'s side swipes at Enda Kenny.

He's not coming on your show Vinnie - Now forget it and move on.

The world doesn't revolve around Ballymount between 11pm and midnight.

• Advertisement

Mary-Lou's "tan" is wearing off. She doesn't look like a squaw anymore. Did very well tonight in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The debate about the treaty in comparison to the Frontline is that's VB programme is much better. There is no need for shouting at all when discussing our future even though it is partly done already.

The debate from the CAP Farmer & rant from Pat Kenny was not needed at all tonight by any means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Vincent was quite a feeble Devil's Advocate tonight. Didn't even seem very convinced of the 'yes' side himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I thought Gavin Titley was a really good panelist last night, he spoke a lot of sense. I hope Vinny invites him back again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Talking about the future of RTE tonight - Rabbitte and O'Cuiv among the guests.

Watched most of the Oireachtas committee today, and it was a waste of time. Much as I don't like RTE in general, gombeens like O'Cuiv and McGrath were trying to play the 'bad D4 securalists' card on RTE, and it went nowhere with the Chairman.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I thought Gavin Titley was a really good panelist last night, he spoke a lot of sense. I hope Vinny invites him back again soon.
    Yes, he was insightful and shed some light on the debate

"What's the name of Jedward's song?".

Vinny is in flying form this evening :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

VB asking Rabbitte & O'Cuiv to sing Waterline? That would be a laugh. It would be more interesting about that Joke Committee about RTE today IMO.

Imagine If Kenny & Gilmore sang Waterline. Cringe!

Good question by VB to open the debate.

I spent the evening with one eye on the Eurovision and I didn't know the name of the song either. :o

• Advertisement

Sweet Jaysus, you would swear Mr. Savage was volunteering with Saint Vincent De Paul :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement