Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2Game Week 8 Scheduling, Previews and Results

• 06-03-2012 11:30pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Posts in here for any games still to be scheduled

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Games left to play

Buccs @ Bears
    Rams @ Cowboys
    Eagles @ Giants (will need to be simmed)
    Saints @ Panthers (are Panthers around?)

Human players, can you post when your game is going ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Buccs when are you around to play the bears I can do any evening between seven and ten

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Saints @ Panthers (are Panthers around?)

Ill shoot him off a pm to see if he still wants to be in the league. I've seen him post in the AF forum in the last week . So hes still active on boards

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I thonght he left the franchise last week to let someone play their game?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

adrian522 wrote: »

Yeah he did.. not sure if he came back or not though.
    I got the impression he was busy and just wasnt able to play that particular game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

adrian522 wrote: »

Yeah he did.. not sure if he came back or not though.
    I got the impression he was busy and just wasnt able to play that particular game.
    Think he had work.
    Rams vs Cowboys is tonight at nine. im going for the Cowboys by 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cowboys and Rams are having some connection issues. We keep getting the ''failed to retrieve game information from opponent'' message.

Had a look around the internet to find possible solutions (check we're not using the same make of router, check to see there's no injured player starting on the depth chart, etc) and we still had no luck.

According to the EA forums and other places like Madden School it's a common enough problem, first I heard of it was tonight. Typical EA/Madden there's nothing ever straightforward :rolleyes:

Rams, I'm not sure if we'll get to play this at all as other posters on the forums I have checked say they tried on different days and still had the same problem.

What happens now?

Paully D wrote: »
    Cowboys and Rams are having some connection issues. We keep getting the ''failed to retrieve game information from opponent'' message.

Had a look around the internet to find possible solutions (check we're not using the same make of router, check to see there's no injured player starting on the depth chart, etc) and we still had no luck.

According to the EA forums and other places like Madden School it's a common enough problem, first I heard of it was tonight. Typical EA/Madden there's nothing ever straightforward :rolleyes:

Rams, I'm not sure if we'll get to play this at all as other posters on the forums I have checked say they tried on different days and still had the same problem.

What happens now?
    My previous time i simmed an lost but i dont mind if we sim this one. Annoyed as i really wanted to play you. I thought i could lose by as few as ten points.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

madalig12 wrote: »
    My previous time i simmed an lost but i dont mind if we sim this one. Annoyed as i really wanted to play you. I thought i could lose by as few as ten points.

I don't know about the losing, I really struggle against human players so you definitely would have had a chance of winning this one.

Yeah no problem mate, we'll simulate it so. Best of luck with the coin toss that is a simmed game :pac:

Bears beat the Buccs.... 38-0:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Bears beat the Buccs.... 38-0:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Don't look so suprised, he has a top running game...38 is a bit of padding surely.

Don't look so suprised, he has a top running game...38 is a bit of padding surely.

Well i more meant beating the buccs and not letting them score.
    Stevo is quite the player and keeping him to no score is a great achievement!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Raoul

So is it just BPrince's game left to play? Apart from the ones that have to be simmed?

so only 3 games (?) to play?

Cowboys @ Rams
    Eagles @ Giants (unable to played)
    Panthers @ Saints (not sure on panthers)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

That issue with the Cowboys/Rams is the same thing that happened to me twice this season, is a real pain.

Just to confirm, Eagles/Giants is to be simmed

Ah ok, so we are just waiting on the panthers.

Dave has Pm'd/emailed him so we should know if he's going to play his game or not.
    If not then we can advance and sim the games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well the Panthers havn't rejoined so if we don't hear back I think we should advance this evening.

Don't think that is fair. He has until Saturday to play. He was good enough to accommodate us by leaving the league so that it could be advanced. So think we should give him a chance.

Raoul wrote: »
    Don't think that is fair. He has until Saturday to play. He was good enough to accommodate us by leaving the league so that it could be advanced. So think we should give him a chance.

Yep i'd go with this.
    If he cant play he'll tell us but if we dont hear back we have to assume he's going to play.

Not everyone is on boards as much as us!

Talked to BPrince. He is too busy to get the game played and hopes to get back on in the next couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

So is that a go ahead to advance the game week?

Well if Paully D and MadAliG are happy?

Raoul wrote: »
    Well if Paully D and MadAliG are happy?
    I am. Well we're not happy with EA. We both agreed last nite it would be a sim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I am. Well we're not happy with EA. We both agreed last nite it would be a sim.

My hatred for EA grows and grows. Has anyone ever played NBA2K11 or 12? It has an online mode and it puts EA and Madden to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

SantryRed wrote: »
    My hatred for EA grows and grows. Has anyone ever played NBA2K11 or 12? It has an online mode and it puts EA and Madden to shame.
    Yeah played both of them, 2k12 online mode is so sweet.
    Know basketball schedule is different, but the ability to lay games whenever you want is so handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Lost 19-14, only one injury tho, my kick returner is out for a week.

Advertisement