Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS system update - Delayed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

So will this update become available at midnight does anyone know?

Hopefully, as it'll be in the morning for Japan...and this evening for the US apparntly.

Maybe even 11pm if going by the idea Nintendo Europe is based in Germany and they're an hour ahead.

Nobody know's for certain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

So will this update become available at midnight does anyone know?

I'm hoping it's available at midnight tonight, although it might tie in with their conference (at 9am PST/5pm GMT).....so far, no official word....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's available now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I really advise people to get Plants vs Zombies on DSI store. One of the best games on XBLA.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Great update but do be careful updating the DSi so you can transfer your shop purchases, you have to update the DSi as well and this has just killed my flashcart. A firmware update for the cart should fix it in time, just beware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Dammit I woke up too late for work today so no chance of updating my 3DS yet:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I managed to get the update but Excite Bike 3D wouldn't download. Kept saying the site was under maintanance. So had to leave for work! Really wanted to give it a go on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Oh yes its finally here =) Im currently writing this on the browser. Any one found facebook to be a bit dodgey on it? Ive downloaded excite bike and super mario land. Ive never played excite bike before and it doesnt seem that great. Ill give it another go haha

I downloaded Excitebike, Pokedex 3D thing, and Super Mario Land, which is just as good as I remember! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Downloaded the update this morning and it went pretty fast. I downloaded Excite Bike. I never played it on the NES. It is actually a fun little game and the 3D effect works well.

I'm not impressed by the browser but I will never use the 3DS as a web browser. At last count I have 7 other devices in the house that can access the Internet so I don't really care about the 3DS browser.

Are any of the DSi Ware games good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Downloaded it this morning, but I'm now ready for the **** to hit the fan, basically wanted to transfer my saved Club Nintendo points into points for using on the EShop and was told
    Please note that you cannot use Nintendo Points with a Nintendo 3DS system.

This is despite the fact most of the games I have registered are 3DS games...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Does the new update delete that 3D sample video? I don't want to part with it, I really like it! :rolleyes: Is there any way of saving it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Does the new update delete that 3D sample video? I don't want to part with it, I really like it! :rolleyes: Is there any way of saving it?

Yep, that video has disappeared from my 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Thanks! Damn, I wish they'd let you keep it. It was handy for showing people the 3D capabilities too, you'd imagine Nintendo would have seen its potential for immediate word-of-mouth marketing, getting a quick sample of glasses-free 3D.

Yep, that video has disappeared from my 3DS.

Don't worry. The next update will have crap loads of them too download supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,554 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Says on ign that links awakening dx will be available in the shop later today. With an extra dungeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

An extra extra dungeon, or just the extra dungeon that was in LADX (compared to LA)? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

update your 3DS today through the system updates and get internet browser and nintendo eshop.

finally i can surf the web from my 3DS

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not to sound ungrateful but I was really looking forward to the 3d video recording feature that has now been delayed to the next update, I think, bugger!

The shop stated prepaid cards won't be available in stores til the end of june...:(

And yay zeldaness! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,554 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Mr E wrote: »
    An extra extra dungeon, or just the extra dungeon that was in LADX (compared to LA)? :)

Ah, i see! Guess i should take a little longer reading these things. Just the regular non-extra extra dungeon, then. :o

The shop stated prepaid cards won't be available in stores til the end of june...:(

And yay zeldaness! :D

You can add money to your account using a debit/credit card.

shizz wrote: »
    You can add money to your account using a debit/credit card.

Presume they don't take laser though....
    And the hassle of getting a disposable 3v voucher or whatever...And the fact i had a 30 euro gamestop gift card just waiting to be used to buy estore credit :cool:

well give it a try. They only say credit card but i used a debit card and it worked.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Says on ign that links awakening dx will be available in the shop later today. With an extra dungeon.

Sounds too good to be true. The next update isn't due until Thursday week. I hope you're right though.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Sounds too good to be true. The next update isn't due until Thursday week. I hope you're right though.:)

Its there now! :)

Downloaded Links Awakening DX this morning :D

me too. I already dunno what to do haha

Decent price at 6 Euro too. Looking forward to the Oracle games next.

• Advertisement

Will they be releasing the pokemon games?

Advertisement