Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is cooking liquid?

• 01-10-2010 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

This is probably a silly question, but i have a recipe from blazing salads that says add 2 1/2 cm of cooking liquid. Does that just mean stock? I'm confused.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

I guess it means stock or water, whatever it is that you're using. Does it mean fill the pot to a depth of 2.5cm or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

It might be easier to tell if you post the recipe up. Do you have to poach or boil something as part of the recipe or do it involve shellfish?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,405 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I agree, the recipes usually refer to "the cooking liquid", i.e. the liquid (water, stock, etc.) you'd previously cooked some other part of the recipe in and reserved.

Advertisement