Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marijace

Last night went to Tesco and that Lego set reduced even more. Now it is only 39.99 !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭SteM

Which Tesco?

marijace wrote: »
    Last night went to Tesco and that Lego set reduced even more. Now it is only 39.99 !

That is an unreal price! I heard some of the Star Wars TFA sets were reduced too but I don't live anywhere near a big Tesco. Can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

That is an unreal price! I heard some of the Star Wars TFA sets were reduced too but I don't live anywhere near a big Tesco. Can anyone confirm?

In Clearwater and Clare Hall the SW sets are marked as clearance, but they are only reduced to the RRP anyway, so no real reduction.

HorseSea wrote: »
    In Clearwater and Clare Hall the SW sets are marked as clearance, but they are only reduced to the RRP anyway, so no real reduction.

So like the Toys'R'Us sale prices. I won't be trekking out to either so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 marijace

Bray. There are a lot of left.
    P.S.sorry can't post photo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,091 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

So like the Toys'R'Us sale prices. I won't be trekking out to either so

There funny guys, €89.99 for Fifa 2016 there recently. None of the Lego was at RRP even on sale before xmas.

Not sure if a bargain alert, probably is if you missed out on it, Lego Ideas #9 - BIRDS - Cuusoo Set 21301
    It's now €67 on Amazon UK, seller won't deliver to Ireland but use parcel motel, so it's coming in about €72 delivered, a lot better than eBay prices.
    Seller has 5 left https://www.curiua.com/dp/B00PE12ZJO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭SteM

Rey's Speeder is £14.53 on Amazon at the moment. Might be of interest to some.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00SDTTP2O?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Works out at around €20 and if you're buying something with it you can get free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Has anyone seen the deathstar in any Symths stores recently? Was hoping to get it for my boyfriends birthday but its gone from the local symths.

thanks in advance

• Advertisement

Try calling a few of the Ken Black stores, Was one in Waterford last week, they'll hold it for you if they have it. They won't post though.

Naid23 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the deathstar in any Symths stores recently? Was hoping to get it for my boyfriends birthday but its gone from the local symths.

thanks in advance

It's been retired as far as I know so your best bet is to call a few Smyths and see have they any left. I seen one on adverts last week but the price was outrageous.

It's been retired as far as I know so your best bet is to call a few Smyths and see have they any left. I seen one on adverts last week but the price was outrageous.

Yeah seen that one and that is just crazy money. Been saving up for weeks to get this thing and it disappears the week i'm looking to buy it. Typical :(

Yeah seen that one and that is just crazy money. Been saving up for weeks to get this thing and it disappears the week i'm looking to buy it. Typical :(

It's on the shelf in the shop in Waterford.

It's on the shelf in the shop in Waterford.

In the Smyths store yeah? Willing to drive to get it.

In the Smyths store yeah? Willing to drive to get it.

Or did you mean that Ken Black Place? Looking online, i cant see one in Waterford. Would you have the address for the store? I can only find one in wexford.

thanks

Or did you mean that Ken Black Place? Looking online, i cant see one in Waterford. Would you have the address for the store? I can only find one in wexford.

thanks

Sorry must be Wexford, always mix up the two. It was there was thinking about getting it.

Sorry must be Wexford, always mix up the two. It was there was thinking about getting it.

Roadtrip it is so! thank you!

Roadtrip it is so! thank you!

Get them to hold it for you. Try Carlow and portlaoise if there closer don't think there was one left in portlaoise but might be in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

There's none in Carlow, Kilkenny or Portlaoise for sure. Not sure about Wexford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

There's been a couple turn up on adverts, probably more to come at inflated prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭friso59

Lego City Square on sale for 128 in littlewoods.
    I've checked and you can use discount code 73MTE and get another 10% off to make it 115 which is the best I've seen this at.

Not much else for sale there but the 10% off should work on any set.

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/lego-city-city-city-square-60097/1460785316.prd?amendCommerceItemId=ci84986003921

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭friso59

I've checked and you can use discount code 73MTE and get another 10% off to make it 115 which is the best I've seen this at.

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/lego-city-city-city-square-60097/1460785316.prd?amendCommerceItemId=ci84986003921

• Registered Users Posts: 27,789 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

friso59 wrote: »

I think that was in a local toyshop the other day for €99.

I'll have a look the next day I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Lego City Article Base Camp is €70 in smyths, down from €90.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think that was in a local toyshop the other day for €99.

I'll have a look the next day I'm in.

Ill take one!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,789 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

madalig12 wrote: »
    Ill take one!

That was three weeks ago :P I'll pop in over the weekend and see if they still have any left.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

Tesco in Dundrum has 40121 Painting Easter Eggs for €5.99. Looking on Brickset, it was €9.99 last year when it was released and on Hot UK Deals, it was £6 (about €7.75) in Tesco in the UK last week so it seems like a good price.

Not bad for 153 pieces. It's less than 4c a piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

I had a look in Dundrum this evening, but didn't find any, were they with the rest of the Lego or somewhere else in the store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

HorseSea wrote: »
    I had a look in Dundrum this evening, but didn't find any, were they with the rest of the Lego or somewhere else in the store?

They were in the Lego section, on the far left. There were 6 or 7 there yesterday. I actually tried buying some last week but was told they weren't supposed to be out yet. At the time there were a couple of cardboard boxes on the top shelf, marked as "40121 Painting Easter Eggs". Maybe if there are none on the shelf, there might still be a box up there. If not, it might be worth asking if they have any more in stock. They could have moved them into the stock room after I tried buying them last week.

Advertisement