Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most positive thing in your life right now...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Start of autumn, realising how fcuking awesome this year has been so far, and hopefully even better as the months/years go on with any luck.

loving life, just being alive, its the height of positivity imho!

looking forward to my my bday the weekend and celebrations planned by the bf and amazing love :D

Planning halloween celebrations!

the sky at evening time, just before the darkness comes about, its a nice feeling.

Jasus your happyness is almost infectious :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Squ wrote: »
    photo_76.jpg

3 month scan all ok. :)

Aww thanks for sharing your wonderful news.. feel quite priviledged to be told tbh... Best of luck to you and your missus and your new baby daughter...lol 50% guess.. twenty euro am right... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Squ your baby is doing somersaults there :D:D So glad everyone is happy and healthy

I am happy cause today I see my love for the first time in over 7 months. And he stays for 2 whole weeks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Third week in my new Job :D Was made permanent with a pay raise after 2 days :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

To all who find difficulty in securing a job, there's always hope. Try not to see the negative in what I post. This year has been one of rough and tumble and I couldn't be happier.

I first found a job in Tuam and moved to Galway in February. I lost the job in April, which was somewhat distressing as I loved Galway. It was my home from home. Then I found a job in Sligo less than 2 months later as a Network manager. It was another job that was not meant to be. I had just moved in with my girlfriend and having to leave again was another blow, which caused a condition to flare up.

Now, I'm planning a move with my girlfriend to Meath as I found a permanent position with a large organisation :D Within two days I was transfered from an 11 month contract to a permanent position with a pay raise. 3 weeks later, I'm drawing up a new training plan for new hires joining my team.

My condition, which has flared up, has now significantly subsided giving me back a life of normality. I'm slowly beginning to live my life in my new role as a female and have a loving girlfriend who's incredibly understanding.

So I say, keep searching and don't get disheartened. There's always hope and things will work out no matter how long it takes or rough it gets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Just baked a Zebra Cake and it turned out perfectly
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiFGdHcqX61_IU78NjOUfjgqAfQGLXobHSI4d0LBSSTHXfGr72(not my pic)
    I saw it on Lorraine Pascale's show on the BBC and decided to try it, she makes it look so easy and not being much of a baker I am so happy with the results.
    Here's the recipe if anyone's interested: :)

Ingredients

225g/8oz caster sugar
    225g/8oz self-raising flour
    225g/8oz butter, softened or melted
    3 tbsp milk
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2 tbsp cocoa powder
    4 eggs
    Method

1.Preheat oven to 180 C
    2.If you have an electric beater or whisk, put all the ingredients in a bowl apart from the cocoa powder and mix it until it is a wet pourable consistency. If not, cream butter and sugar, then add flour with milk and vanilla extract, then eggs one at a time and mix well.
    3.Split the batter into two bowls, and add cocoa powder to one of the bowls and mix well
    4.Pour both bowls into piping bags (we used freezer bags, tied them up and then snipped off the ends)
    5.Starting with the vanilla, pipe a circle of batter into the middle of a greased springform tin. Then, pipe a circle of batter into the middle of the vanilla circle, and repeat
    5.Continue until all the batter in both piping bags are used up.

Put the cake into the middle of the hot oven and let it rise for 44-55mins, or until golden brown and a fork comes out clean from the centre.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/cake?before=1344988384

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

I'm getting married to the love of my life in 351 more sleeps! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Having a perfect life right now tbh :D
    Only one thing id change right now if i could, the area i live in at the moment and that can be done once i hopefully get a job or at the very least keep saving all/any i can, other than that everything is just great imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Most positive thing in my life right now is twofold

firstly - realising that family are the most important people in your life, they love you unconditionally and occasionally you will need them for moral support when you feel really down out of the blue.

secondly - realising that although you feel sad sometimes now, this is for the best and is a lucky escape. Onwards and upwards!

Waiting on news of our first child :eek: It's a scary thought as we're nervous about the possibility. Is it always this scary first time round, no matter what age you are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

My son...

He was born three weeks ago and he makes my day, everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

The most positive thing right now is my relationship :)

Even though we live in different countries, I am still so happy all the time. I couldn't complain or moan about being apart because I am so grateful for what little time we spent together this summer, and so grateful to have him in my life. I really am just over the moon all the time, and that makes me focus on the positives.

I much rather think about the great times we had together than focus on the time we must spend apart. I don't have anything to complain about.

And I know we have a great future together :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jeanadamz

Most positive thing in your life right now... is that I got a stable and good paying job to pay for all the family's debts..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

4 months with my love of my life yesterday :) Woooo, just very very happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

My boyfriend, he's awesome! :) Can make me smile no matter what, and have never met anybody who I click so well with. He's such a gobshyte, but i'll keep him :)

In my job nearly three months now :D And I get to move in with my girlfriend on Sunday for the second time this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

jeanadamz wrote: »
    Most positive thing in your life right now... is that I got a stable and good paying job to pay for all the family's debts..

Great, all you need now is a horse.
    Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

The fact that I quit college! I've so much more free time. Not worried about assignments, projects and that malarkey.

Have a renewed outlook on life with a contingency plan in place, making a few extra quid in work and improving my health drastically!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Within the last day I've been called for TWO interviews!! :eek: Scary, but good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Turned 36 on tuesday had a 22yr old stunner ask me if im ready to cut the bull**** and settledown today:D:D life is goooooooooooood...Still working no mortgage living in a lovely 5bed house sharing with 2 pals rent only 240 a mth,wrk is only 2mins down the road, its not all doomangloom:D

• Advertisement

Loving my new home and life with my girlfriend. Went to Dogs Trust to have a look at there dogs and Harvey Normans to get a new 40" TV. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Going to see a much anticipated gig on Saturday! It makes me happy! Granted, I have to budget for the rest of the week to be able to afford taxi fares but it's a small price to pay to witness the majesty of The 'D.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 OisinS94

Knowing that I'll have a week off college soon and I'll be at an awesome party this Thursday and a "spooktacular" event thingy on the Saturday.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Got a job offer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Hope :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

My new husband. I couldn't hope for a more supportive, loving, kinder man to marry. I've landed on my feet and I couldn't be happier :)

And the greatest male on earth, my dog. I have to admit I probably love him just a teeny bit more than my husband :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh hai wrote: »
    My new husband. I couldn't hope for a more supportive, loving, kinder man to marry. I've landed on my feet and I couldn't be happier :)

And the greatest male on earth, my dog. I have to admit I probably love him just a teeny bit more than my husband :o:D

:eek:.....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Skyflyer1234

Most Positive thing in my life?

I'd go with Having an amazing girlfriend and a child on the way (due in July)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

That in 6 months I'll have a degree. :D (Just got to get through the pesky exams and assignments :p).
    Then I'll get a brilliant job, move to a better house and buy ALL the new clothes!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

leahyl wrote: »
    :eek:.....:pac:

Obviously he will never find that out! :pac:

Though he's probably already guessed it by now! :D

Advertisement