Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

07 Fiesta, changing headunit

• 27-06-2012 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hopefully someone can help me out with this,

Over the course of the past few days I have unexpectedly* became the owner of a 07 Ford Fiesta.

I'm looking to replace the OEM headunit (6000 CD) with a new double din model and I have a few questions:

1: Is there anything else needed besides the headunit & facia plate?
    2: Is ford wiring ISO or do I need an adapter?
    3: There isn't any holes for keys on the front panel so i'm assuming half the dash is going to come out just to get access to a few screws, anyone with experience of working on fords got any useful tips for doing this?

*My grandfather who sadly passed away 9 weeks ago left it to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Elbow wrote: »
    Hopefully someone can help me out with this,

Over the course of the past few days I have unexpectedly* became the owner of a 07 Ford Fiesta.

I'm looking to replace the OEM headunit (6000 CD) with a new double din model and I have a few questions:

1: Is there anything else needed besides the headunit & facia plate?
    2: Is ford wiring ISO or do I need an adapter?
    3: There isn't any holes for keys on the front panel so i'm assuming half the dash is going to come out just to get access to a few screws, anyone with experience of working on fords got any useful tips for doing this?

*My grandfather who sadly passed away 9 weeks ago left it to me.

you will need the stereo removal keys like these http://www.ebay.ie/itm/FORD-MONDEO-TRANSIT-CD-RADIO-STEREO-REMOVAL-KEY-PC5-132-/260785769013?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3cb80b0a35
    also you will need ISO wiring like this http://www.ebay.ie/itm/FORD-FIESTA-FOCUS-CAR-WIRING-ISO-HARNESS-PC2-84-4-/260751267618?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3cb5fc9722

or if you want to still use the ford srereo stalk http://www.ebay.ie/itm/FORD-FIESTA-2005-2008-STEERING-STALK-CONTROL-INTERFACE-ISO-WIRING-ADAPTOR-LEAD-/150692808401?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2315fdc6d1
    you will also need a stereo patch lead for this for the brand of stereo you deside to install:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Thank you very much,

I taught ford had done away with keys when I didnt see the 4 round holes on the front panel, not as big a job as I expected anyways! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It might be worth seeing if you can find the Sony head unit that was fitted to the Fiesta Steel II model from mid 2008. It is alot better than the CD 6000 unit, plays MP3s and fits straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Hey OP who follows me to gigs ;) I've replaced one. It's basically remove the glovebox, unscrew some of the centre tunnel, remove the panel under the steering wheel too and you get access to a lot of the fascia then. There's guides online for it. It's a proper full sized double-din too, so all good. Any bothers with it, I'm back gigging with SuckerPunch in DeBarras on the 28th if you're around, I'll be down early ish so I can take a gander. Give me a heads up and I'll throw tools in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Owen wrote: »
    Hey OP who follows me to gigs ;) I've replaced one. It's basically remove the glovebox, unscrew some of the centre tunnel, remove the panel under the steering wheel too and you get access to a lot of the fascia then. There's guides online for it. It's a proper full sized double-din too, so all good. Any bothers with it, I'm back gigging with SuckerPunch in DeBarras on the 28th if you're around, I'll be down early ish so I can take a gander. Give me a heads up and I'll throw tools in the car.

Thanks Owen much appreciated

The OEM radio has the slots for the flat keys so it should be a case of getting all the bits I need and job done in 10 minutes but if that plan doesn't work out i'll give ya a shout.

By the way you cant say I follow ya to gigs when your the one that turns up in my local every few weeks :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Elbow wrote: »
    By the way you cant say I follow ya to gigs when your the one that turns up in my local every few weeks :D
    Flooding the place to put him off coming down was a bit extreme though...

Advertisement