Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 filthy-greg

I'm returning from Erasmus very soon, and I want to get off-campus accomodation as soon as I can. Last year, a lot of rooms became available as people went away on co-op in February, but is that the case this year? I've been told that the Polish Invasion has decimated the range of off-campus options for students in Oaklawns, Milford Grange and Elm Park. Is this true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 foxayladaykenoa

Can anyone tell me about CappaVilla? That's where I have applied!!! Incoming First Year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

Cappavilla is the newest village on campus think this is its second year open its closest village to the nurses building... which now connects to the main campus via the living bridge making it as close as thomond to the main campus

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭diddley

Does anyone know if fellas and girls can live together in Plassey, or any other campus accomodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 onak07

Plassey always mix boys and girls unless you request for an all girls/boys house

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

diddley wrote: »
    Does anyone know if fellas and girls can live together in Plassey, or any other campus accomodation?

No they can't village management have a policy against fellas and girls living together....something about living in sin and fornication and other scary stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

rmacm wrote: »
    No they can't village management have a policy against fellas and girls living together....something about living in sin and fornication and other scary stuff like that.

They also have a policy about throwing up over balconies. :p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Can anyone tell me about CappaVilla? That's where I have applied!!! Incoming First Year

Me too:D so glad to see that another 1st year put cappavilla down cuz got the impression that not many 1st years picked here :confused:
    What course have you applied for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Thinking of staying down in Limerick for a few weeks apres exams...anywhere recommended in Castletroy? What sort of prices are we talking during the summer? I've heard around €50 p/w.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

klong wrote: »
    Thinking of staying down in Limerick for a few weeks apres exams...anywhere recommended in Castletroy? What sort of prices are we talking during the summer? I've heard around €50 p/w.

Do you intend on working for the summer? Why stay for a few weeks and not just all summer (I've personally had a great time staying in Limerick for the summer). Ah rent wise I suppose it depends on your land lord, I got an extremely cheap rate but that was also contingent on me staying in the house at full rent the following year which I did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Depends on the landlord I guess.

College Court is dirt cheap for the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Depends... You will get as low as €25/€30 per week in Elm Park, which is really good when you consider some of the houses there aren't all that bad.

rmacm wrote: »
    Do you intend on working for the summer? Why stay for a few weeks and not just all summer (I've personally had a great time staying in Limerick for the summer). Ah rent wise I suppose it depends on your land lord, I got an extremely cheap rate but that was also contingent on me staying in the house at full rent the following year which I did.

Heading off to the States end of June, thats why :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Theres about 5-7 of us heading down to Limerick next year and I was just wondering if there is anywhere decent equal distance between MaryI, UL and LIT?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Theres about 5-7 of us heading down to Limerick next year and I was just wondering if there is anywhere decent equal distance between MaryI, UL and LIT?:p

Probably some place in the city centre. All three are in completely opposite directions. But getting a place for that many people in the city centre won't really be that feasible, tbh. It may be time to cut the strings tying you all together! Best of luck anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Anyone know what the cedars are like? They seem decent from the outside anyway. Whats the story with bedroom size??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

My brother is hoping to go to UL and I was searching around trying to find some good accommodation and saw something about a new village around castletroy? I dont know much about limerick (mayooo person myself!) but apparantely its called The Troy Student Village? anybody know anything about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Ava Grace

Hey guys :)

Starting in UL in Sept, I'm 25 and did the whole student accommodation thing back in the day, and that's where it shall stay! Looking for advice on off campus accommodation, is the city centre a bit of a trek?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Ava Grace wrote: »
    Hey guys :)

Starting in UL in Sept, I'm 25 and did the whole student accommodation thing back in the day, and that's where it shall stay! Looking for advice on off campus accommodation, is the city centre a bit of a trek?

College Court and Milford Grange still have loads of places to stay, and are overall fairly decent places to stay.

The city can be a trek alright, but there are buses every 15 mins [supposedly].

Mossin wrote: »
    College Court and Milford Grange still have loads of places to stay, and are overall fairly decent places to stay.

The city can be a trek alright, but there are buses every 15 mins [supposedly].

Thanks a million Mossin, heard I should avoid College Court though, can't remember why. Will be up the walls this year so don't want to be surrounded by First Years and beer bongs... ah beer bongs :p

• Advertisement

Thanks a million Mossin, heard I should avoid College Court though, can't remember why. Will be up the walls this year so don't want to be surrounded by First Years and beer bongs... ah beer bongs :p

Avoid college court? Is that cos I'm living there? :p
    I've been living there 3 years now, and entering my 4th year this Septmeber, its not too bad.
    What are you doing back in UL that will have you so up the walls?
    Its easy to avoid parties by staying in college, ie the library, main canteen, or the new BBS building for as long as possible.

Mossin wrote: »
    Avoid college court? Is that cos I'm living there? :p
    I've been living there 3 years now, and entering my 4th year this Septmeber, its not too bad.
    What are you doing back in UL that will have you so up the walls?
    Its easy to avoid parties by staying in college, ie the library, main canteen, or the new BBS building for as long as possible.

I'm going back to do medicine and from what I've heard, it looks like I'm going to be living the life of a monk :( I'll look into College Court so, can't be too bad if a boards member is living there ;) Thanks for the advice!

I'm going back to do medicine and from what I've heard, it looks like I'm going to be living the life of a monk :( I'll look into College Court so, can't be too bad if a boards member is living there ;) Thanks for the advice!

No problem, glad I could be of some help.
    Medicine sounds like a toughy, but sure there is always a free moment to come and meet us boardsies at a BULBS :)
    I hope your house hunting goes well, if ur still stuck nearer to college, let us know on here, someone will sort u out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 a2dg

hi all , i have just accepted my place in ul doing econmoics and sociology. Im 22 and have just been working etc for the past few years... i have a place in plassey booked but am starting to think am i going to be the only person over 18 in the village? and reasurances or suggestions of other decent places to stay would be a great help. Im making the long trip from cork and will be a complete lorolleyes.gifner on arrival so wud like some place with a social contacting....... thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

have a place booked in cappavilla, whats the story if i have friends not going to UL who wanna stay over at the weekend?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 *Sully*

dragonfly! wrote: »
    have a place booked in cappavilla, whats the story if i have friends not going to UL who wanna stay over at the weekend?:confused:
    I was wondering the same thing but im going to Dromroe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭cson

Not an issue. I remember for rag week last year we had 4 people sleeping in our living room/kitchen in Kilmurry and another 4 in spread around our rooms. I think the girls had friends sleeping upstairs too. There was probably in or around 20 people in the house one night.

I'd imagine The Villa and Drumroe are the same as Kilmurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

Hi all Im doing a course in robotics in UL this year as a mature student and me and a friend (professional) have found a nice modern 3 bedroom apartment looks like this (different apt but in the same building same layout ) its much bigger than the pictures look like.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=Search+%BB&s[cc_id]=c17&s[a_id][0]=3728&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=&s[bd_no]=&s[pt_id]=&s[move_in_date]=0&s[lease]=&s[furn]=0&s[search_type]=rental&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[refreshmap]=1&limit=10&id=535816

but need some one to take the 3rd room
    so if any mature student or professional ~25 age wants to move in .would suit some one going to UL with a car like 15mins away by car.and its right beside raheen industrial park limerick (walking distance) .rent ~ 300 a month ,smokers welcome ,Rent Allowance Not a problem ! .got internet .

Private message me for more details if you’re interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I need a two bed apartment / house in the caherdavin area..... cant find a decent place for a decent price. i've checked daft and the other sites, and all the papers, any one know anyone with a two bed place out there??????

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    Not an issue. I remember for rag week last year we had 4 people sleeping in our living room/kitchen in Kilmurry and another 4 in spread around our rooms. I think the girls had friends sleeping upstairs too. There was probably in or around 20 people in the house one night.

I'd imagine The Villa and Drumroe are the same as Kilmurry.

Well if you want to breach your licence agreement, go ahead :pac:;)

1 or 2 is fine, but 20? That's just taking the piss!

Advertisement