Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food delivery driver's wage

• 02-07-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering how do delivery drivers get paid here in the city centre? Google reveals nothing, so is it a base wage or a certain amount per delivery or what? And how much would an average driver make per night?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Charles1412

I did it a few years ago for a pizza store and there was no basic pay it was something like €2 per delivery and then tips

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I did it a few years ago for a pizza store and there was no basic pay it was something like €2 per delivery and then tips

So was it worth it financially for you? I'm assuming the place was busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Charles1412

I think it was around €50 on a quite night and up to €100 on a Friday or Saturday for 6 hours approx

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

if im not mistaken i think majority of them do cash in hand,the small chippers/chinese places..i know they did it this way at least 8 years ago, the big chains will tax you

they dont pay for your petrol and you get a small amount per delivery u make and u keep tips,its worthwhile on weekends but can be slow during the week,alot of the chinese places will have chinese drivers so not much chance to get a job there,your best bet is chippers

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ben36

Every place differs.Where i work we get €35 for 7 hours plus €2 a delivery,average 30 a night and then whatever tips.Usually come home with €120-€170 on any given night.

A lad i know works for a well known pizza place in Finglas and they don't pay an hourly rate but pay €3.70 per delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

guys would you say it's easy to find this type of job? or will pretty much any take away accept me once I walk in as long as I have full b category + car + insurance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

One thing you have to remember when you're doing this type of job is the possibility of having to change your insurance to a different category. Social, Domestic and Pleasure will not cover you if you have a crash and you've been doing deliveries for somewhere. They can charge you extra for changing category.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I worked for a local Curry Shop in Finglas. Friday night 5pm to 12am, got €70 plus tips plus meal at end of night.

Also worked in Dominos Finglas, got €5 per hour, plus 1.50 per delivery plus tips plus meal at end of night.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Nodster

I know my motorbike insurance has a 'No fast food delivery' clause

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Vitamin T

I worked for Domino's and we just got €3.70 per delivery and then tips (which had gotten awful towards the end of my stint there!). I ended up leaving to find another job because I found it wasn't worth my while financially. They kept putting too many drivers on which meant you were only doing maybe 2 deliveries per hour so getting approx. 7-9 euro per hour and then still having to pay for your petrol at the end of the night!

• Advertisement
Advertisement