Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recommend Hardware Versand.de ?

• 22-08-2011 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Quick question for you. My PC died over the weekend and I’ve put together a spec for a new one. I used to order off Komplett mainly but I’ve seen the amount of problems people are having with them so I’d rather not deal with them. Alternatively I’ve ordered off Overclockers.co.uk without issue in the past.

I was going to order off Overclockers UK but after looking at this forum, I’ve noticed Hardware Versande being mentioned a lot. I looked at their site last night and noticed, most, if not all of the same items were cheaper than at OCUK by €10-€20. I’d be paying with credit card/paypal and only ordering items in stock.

Can you let me know if HWVDE are reliable and is it just a case of OCUK profiteering.

Thanks for any and all help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

HWVS is a very reliable site, almost everyone here uses it and there isn't huge issues. If you have to RMA(return) an item it might cause some difficulties if you call them and don't get on to an English speaker, but if you get an English speaker the issue is normally resolved with ease. Their shipping times are a little slower than other sites, but with their flat rate shipping charge of €30 when your buying a full rig it's one of the best sites you could use. And if you find they are cheaper then I would definitly go with them!

They only accept bank transfer as payment so that might be a problem for some people, but if you have online banking you can nornally complete the transfer from home. If not it's just a matter of a short visit to your local bank. And bank transfer is more secure than credit card. Sometimes people get on option to use Paypal to pay(not sure why some don't) but it has an extra 3% charge on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

I only ever really buy off hardwareversand lately especially for bigger purchases or groups of purchases.
    Very happy with their service.
    Make sure the items are in stock before buying or you could end up waiting for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

spend over 5k there in the past few months for builds and have had no problems except to RMA a gpu which was faulty and had no problems talking to them several times. RMA took a week come back to me but an post are being retarded and have had it for days without delivery. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Ordering is reliable and stuff is here in 6-7 days (unless An post stalling ^).

I think have to RMA this mobo, so will see how that goes..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I'll be ordering a 1170eur build off them tomorrow. Hopefully it should go smoothly without any hassle...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I couldn't recommend them anymore. Spent a fair bit with them a few weeks ago building a new PC and everything went off without a hitch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Just be aware that any PSU or monitor that you buy from them is going to arrive with a non-UK plug - or at least everything Ive ordered has come with a nice 2 pin plug. So you'll need to pick up some UK standard power leads of your own to replace what your given, or adapters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

My graphics card broke so I called them up and they said that they would arrange a pick up with UPS on Thursday (I called them last Wednesday) Needless to say UPS never called to my house :mad:

Also if you have to RMA something and the product is just about 6 months old they will send it off to the manufacturer (they told me it could take anything from 2 to 6weeks :()

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Trevor451 wrote: »
    My graphics card broke so I called them up and they said that they would arrange a pick up with UPS on Thursday (I called them last Wednesday) Needless to say UPS never called to my house :mad:

Also if you have to RMA something and the product is just about 6 months old they will send it off to the manufacturer (they told me it could take anything from 2 to 6weeks :()

Well the 6 month thing isn't unique to HWVS. In fact most places won't let you RMA anything after 3 months, HWVS give you twice as long as normal. After that its the warranty that takes over and its the manufacturers responsibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

deconduo wrote: »
    Well the 6 month thing isn't unique to HWVS. In fact most places won't let you RMA anything after 3 months, HWVS give you twice as long as normal. After that its the warranty that takes over and its the manufacturers responsibility.

I always thought that its the retailers responsibility for the 1st year and then it passes on to the Manufacturer No?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

In Irelnad I think it's 28 days. After that it's over to the manufactures warrenty. Don't quote me on that it's been a long time since I was studying consumer law in 6th year :P

Sand wrote: »
    Just be aware that any PSU or monitor that you buy from them is going to arrive with a non-UK plug - or at least everything Ive ordered has come with a nice 2 pin plug. So you'll need to pick up some UK standard power leads of your own to replace what your given, or adapters.

You know where you can get that here?
    I guess temporarily I could use the lead from my laptop but it'ld good to get one for the computer I'll hopefully be paying for today...

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

I guess temporarily I could use the lead from my laptop but it'ld good to get one for the computer I'll hopefully be paying for today...

You will get those leads in any electrical shops or even bargain shops. Its just a standard 'kettle' lead you will be after. No more than a few euro each.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Most large electronics store (I.E. Peats on Parnell Street, or that Maplin place on Jervis Street or even the electronic section of a department store like Arnotts) will have some sort of stock of generic leads, and adapters can be picked up from those Euro stores. Better off getting the lead IMO. No reason not to, and Im not sure I trust 2 euro adapters...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ordered from them yesterday evening, less than 24hrs laters they had dispatched.

Fantastic service

Ordered from them yesterday evening, less than 24hrs laters they had dispatched.

Fantastic service

I'll be hoping for similar tomorrow... Right now as doing anything for the first time, I'm pretty paranoid after just transferring over a grand to a german bank account...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

You'll pick up a lead or adaptor for the psu in power city, i did

I'll be hoping for similar tomorrow... Right now as doing anything for the first time, I'm pretty paranoid after just transferring over a grand to a german bank account...

I should of added that I previously ordered gear from them before and I had them added to my online bank account so I could make transfers myself,

My first order took 9 days from when I first ordered to when I received the goods.

You have nothing to worry about, they are a very reputable company with many many happy customers (especially here on boards)

I ordered from BOI 365 online banking. Tripled and quadruple checked everything and then crossed my fingers and sent the money. I put my order number in the message and also the intended use number in one of those boxes too. I guess it'll be sometime tomorrow when I'll get the payment confirmation...
    Crosáidí wrote: »
    You'll pick up a lead or adaptor for the psu in power city, i did
    Cheers. I'll check it out. Do you know what its called?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Hold off till you get the PC. My XFX850W came with a uk and German kettle lead.

• Advertisement

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    My XFX850W came with a uk and German kettle lead.

But no kettle nah?

That website is going to crap

Yay! Just got email they received my payment!!
    That was just under 24hrs which is pretty good! :)

Now gotta wait for the components to be delivered!

Edit: My shipment has been dispatched!! Wohoo!!! 16.8kg apparently... Now to hope they come in time... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Yay! Just got email they received my payment!!
    That was just under 24hrs which is pretty good! :)

Now gotta wait for the components to be delivered!

Edit: My shipment has been dispatched!! Wohoo!!! 16.8kg apparently... Now to hope they come in time... :)

What time did you order yesterday? Was it before 5?

It was around 4:30pm... So its pretty quick...

It was around 4:30pm... So its pretty quick...

Ah, cool, ordered mine at 9 last night and hadn't got anything from them, although money has gone from bank account. Hopefully tomorrow then

Yeah, I'ld say 9pm is a wee late so they'ld probably have gotten the money sometime today, you might get the confirmation tomorrow.

The money went from my bank account the instant I sent it from my online banking thing. Quite hard to see my account balance plummet so drastically in an instant... But now that they've dispatched my order, its all good. Just hopeing it comes in time and there are no RMAs!

I'ld say you should get your payment confirmation tomorrow and they should dispatch it shortly.

Dispatched :D, 23kg :eek:

DHL is super slow I have to say that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Yeah, my order was dispatched on Friday and is only this afternoon in Ireland(or at least some of it is, one package is on An Post tracking, the other hasn't updated on DHL since Tuesday when it was "being transported to the destination country" and isn't on An Post).

• Advertisement

Aww, really hope I have it by next weekend

Advertisement