Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to dispose furniture / matress ??

Options
  • 22-01-2011 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Sorry if this is wrong forum, but could not find better. I have old bed with mattress to dispose, where can I dump them to be meet Irish environmental regulations, etc.? I can see every now and then some people dumping mattress by the local apartment/household bins, and they rot there for ages as binmen do not want to take them away, which is probably fair on their side. So I just wanted to do that properly, any ideas? I googled a bit but I am getting mostly American websites.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Bring it to one of these places. They take mattresses etc.;)

Ballymount Recycling Centre
    Dublin 12, Ballymount Lane Ballymount Industrial Estate
    Ballyogan Recycling Park
    Dublin 18, Ballyogan Rd, Carrickmines, D 18
    Coolmine Recycling Centre
    Dublin 15, Coolmine Industrial Estate
    Estuary Recycling Centre
    Swords, Seatown East, Swords, Co Dublin
    Ringsend Recycling Centre
    Dublin 4, Pigeon House Road, Dublin 4
    Shamrock Terrace Recycling Centre
    Dublin 3, North Strand Rd, Shamrock Tce, Dublin 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It must be the norm to just dump it at some convenient spot in your estate because that's what happens around here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 forza_milan

Sellerbarry: thanks a mill, that is exactly what I was looking for, website looks familiar, no idea why I did not find it before myself :) THX :D

Jack Presley: yeah, it makes me wonder who are those spanners dumping mattresses, christmas trees, etc. into estate bin area, what do these people think, santa claus is going to collect? That's the reason I asked. Thx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

You could advertise it on adverts.ie , they have a Free section on there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 paddyjameson

The company envirogreen that recycles our cardboard and plastic also recycle mattresses

mattress recycling

first mattress recycling service in ireland launched

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

What does it get recycled into?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nimron

Well froze oxygen have a new recycling centre in ballymount, I was there today, it was a free day and very very busy,it was amazing to see how well it was organised anyways I think most recycling centres charge by the veichle and I find this recycling centre the cheapest, a few euro cheaper than the council, hope that helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nimron

Sorry forza not froze :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jenortega

The company envirogreen that recycles our cardboard and plastic also recycle mattresses

I know this thread is a bit old, but I just wanted to say thanks to paddyjameson for his recommendation of envirogreen. I was trying to get rid of an old mattress and I found them very helpful and reasonably priced. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭eirman

Envirogreen are no longer accepting mattresses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 dazmoriarty

This crowd http://ecomattressrecyclingireland.com/prices/ will take away mattresses for a smallish fee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭PlamenDon

This crowd http://ecomattressrecyclingireland.com/prices/ will take away mattresses for a smallish fee.

I think the OP's mattress has bio degraded by now.

Advertisement