Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck between nexus 7 and 10

• 06-12-2012 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hey guys,

So recently I've been watching every review there is about those two tablets and I am still not sure which one will suit me best. I own an iPad 1 gen and I use it a lot, I love it's battery life and hate its resolution and lags.

I am a person who will use a tablet to read PDFs, type, browse the net and watch YouTube. No gaming, no editing and stuff like that.

So far I am thinking about getting the nexus seven, mainly because it fits my hand well and it is somewhere between my iPad and nexus S phone when it comes to size.

Anyways, after doing some research. The nexus 7 is so over priced here in Ireland. It's 307 euros on pixmania that's 400$ more likely double the original price in the US. I can't imagine the price of nexus 10 when I first comes here.

Anyways I am traveling to the US next month and was wondering if it's going to be a good idea to get it from there. Are there any new competitive tablets similar to the nexus 7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

The nexus 7 was 190 e in argos last month. Check there.
    If not lt hmv are 240 e and 250e in currys AFAIK.

Very little mark up and worth every penny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

The Nexus 7 that was e190 last month on offer was the 16 gb model which is now not available via high street stores. The 32 gb model is now the entry-level model available via the likes of Argos, HMV, Currys/PC World and priced around e239-250.
    The 16 gb model is only available direct from Google Play online store in the UK or USA.

I've both an N7 and an N10. Both are great but excel in different tasks.
    For me the N7 is brilliant as a portable device, excellent for mail and social media
    checking when out and about. I also found it a great ebook reader even outdoors over the summer. The form factor means it's easy to throw into a jacket pocket.

On the other hand the N10 is much better for watching videos and web browsing. The larger screen makes a big difference for these tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

xsizo wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Anyways, after doing some research. The nexus 7 is so over priced here in Ireland. It's 307 euros on pixmania that's 400$ more likely double the original price in the US. I can't imagine the price of nexus 10 when I first comes here.

You can get the 32 gig Nexus 7 for 249 euros in CPW and PcWorld/Currys.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

The Nexus 7 that was e190 last month on offer was the 16 gb model which is now not available via high street stores. The 32 gb model is now the entry-level model available via the likes of Argos, HMV, Currys/PC World and priced around e239-250.
    The 16 gb model is only available direct from Google Play online store in the UK or USA.

I've both an N7 and an N10. Both are great but excel in different tasks.
    For me the N7 is brilliant as a portable device, excellent for mail and social media
    checking when out and about. I also found it a great ebook reader even outdoors over the summer. The form factor means it's easy to throw into a jacket pocket.

On the other hand the N10 is much better for watching videos and web browsing. The larger screen makes a big difference for these tasks.

Where did you buy the Nexus 10 from?

Advertisement