Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Book Depository UK 10% discount - 31-08-2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭golfball37

Doesn't work for me when I enter code in paypal. There's nowhere to enter code on http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/basket itself it seems?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

When you go to paypal and try to put it in paypal throws up an error :(

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭elaicah

Burgo wrote: »
    When you go to paypal and try to put it in paypal throws up an error :(

it worked for me earlier today but as you say the coupon box seems to be missing now

this older offer posted by someone else is still working:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056311555

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

You have to enter through the provided link for the coupon code and they only work once per code. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

elaicah wrote: »
    Click 'Get Shopping' and when you are on the Basket/Checkout page enter the code PP0811. Valid until August 31st 2011

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/pp0811?a_aid=code

Thanks just used it - worked fine for me - the code must be put in before you go to paypal page - when you're starting to checkout - remember to click on apply coupon/code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Worked for me just now. Thanks.
    FYI I didn't even use Paypal. I just used my Visa card.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Just worked for me as well. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sce88

Thanks OP, worked for me and I didnt use paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Thanks just got Game of Thrones box set

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ilavela

Thanks for that. Worked without PayPal and found books I am looking for at better values than Amazon.co.uk

• Advertisement

Bookdepository are generically good value between price and free shipping even without the code anyhow.

I've also never had a major problem with them - the worst I've had after hundreds of books ordered between personal, work and club stuff is a single paperback mildly scarred by a box-cutter and replaced as soon as they heard about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

Thanks OP - it worked AND I used Paypal. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Thanks OP - that worked just fine with Visa too.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Brilliant! That worked a treat!

I was getting withdrawal symptoms, as the previous code expired at midday today.

I so love The Book Depository!

Just to let you know, I also used the other discount last week, the one where you refer your "friend", i.e. yourself. Even though the closing date (4th August) had expired, it still worked for me. I used the trick described in earlier posts here of using another one of my personal e-mail addresses to refer myself for the discount.

My poor postman is getting weary trotting up to my door with all the books!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I forgot how slow their shipping is.

I haven't found them slow, in my experience anyway. It normally takes a week. I ordered books last week (I can't remember what day) but got a load of them yesterday. So far I've never been waiting too long for the books, unless they are secondhand or really hard to come by.

Though I know what you mean, nothing beats the rush of picking up a book immediately in the book store. However, for price reasons, I'm willing to be patient and wait for the postman...

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

I've only started ordering from them and I find their delivery to be quiet slow - compared with Amazon. I think if I needed something in a hurry, for a gift or something, I'd go with Amazon - otherwise I'll just shop with whoever's cheapest.

How do you spell loyalty :p!! Better in my pocket :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

sorry to bump this, just curious with regards to their shipping times? they said it's 6-10 working days to europe, is this accurate?

Probably. Maybe a bit longer in some cases. I'm still waiting on my order that was dispatched on the 3rd. I've made and received two orders from Amazon in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Ordered books 3rd dispatched 4th received today 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

sorry to bump this, just curious with regards to their shipping times? they said it's 6-10 working days to europe, is this accurate?

Yeah, pretty accurate. I'm still waiting on the book I ordered 05-08-2011, but I expect it to show up shortly. I'll post when it does.

Pretty much always 6 working days for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Two recent orders:

Ordered 29th July - received 15th August

Ordered 5th August - not yet received.

Books seem to be shipping from Switzerland rather than UK which probably explains the delays.

Yeah, mine arrived this morning and the postmark said Zurich-Mulligen.

Aye, bookdepository.com is the same. While I think of it, the prices on bookdepository.com are generally lower than the .co.uk ones for most things (for a few hardbacks it was more than a fiver's difference I found).

I reckon it's because one converts dollar prices to euro and the other pound prices. Worth checking both if you're looking - same login will work on either site.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

jimogr wrote: »
    Two recent orders:

Ordered 29th July - received 15th August

Ordered 5th August - not yet received.

Books seem to be shipping from Switzerland rather than UK which probably explains the delays.

Second book arrived today, the 17th.

So 12 days and 17 days for delivery. I'm in Dublin. Would really put me off using them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

Quick Question

Do The Book Depository send an e-mail to confirm that the books ordered have been shipped? Because I didn't get an e-mail and I ordered my books nearly a week ago and it says they dispatch within 1-2 days! Thanks

EDIT: I found out how to do it. They dispatched a few hours ago. It does take a while for them to actually get dispatched but at least it is free shipping

I never got a dispatch email for my order either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

I never got a dispatch email for my order either.

If you signed up to them, just go to your order tracking on the sidebar and enter your name + order number and it will tell you if has dispatched or not.

If you didn't sign up, you can track your order via a link at the top of the page!

Advertisement