Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking @ the O2

• 08-04-2009 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

Heading to a gig in the Point (O2) in a few weeks and just wondering whats the best/handiest option for parking. Havent been around that area in a good while, well before the redevelopment so havent a clue what facilities are around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Depends on the concert dude. If its something like Rod Stewart <MOD -snip> there will be a lot of drivers going. The only advice I can give to you is to drive to the point and cruise around until you get a space. Otherwise you could leave early take a left in to the IFSC, try and get a spot there and kill some time by grabbing something to eat there. There is a carpark in the IFSC, they stay open late when there is gigs on in the Point... Its the left turn after Stack A.

IFSC Car Park 360 spaces - Telephone 855-4789
    Convenient to: Irish Financial Services Centre; Jury's Inn.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭toodelies

HI there

was there on friday night... parking was a bit of a disaster as there was no signs up anywhere so we ended up missing 30 mins of the show. we eventually got parking in the National College of Ireland car park. there was loads of spaces and they stay open until 11.30pm-12am on concert nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I was walking up by there yesterday evening and I noticed that a couple of the unused sites up there are offering parking for gigs and €10 a pop. If you actually go up by Ringsend, you have a better chance of getting on street parking and then just walking across the bridge. That way you bypass the traffic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Cheers for the info. Going to see Eric Clapton , 11th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭5500

There's a Qpark site practically right beside it on the quays side,its €10.

Wherever you park your better off getting in early if you can because it can be a traffic nightmare getting up the quays if you leave it late

• Advertisement

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Cheers for the info. Going to see Eric Clapton , 11th May.

There will be millions of cars up for that!!! New road all the way from Athlone anyway, no bottle neck in Moat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

[mod hat on]

friendly warning folks.

Please be mindful of the site wide restrictions before mentioning any specific gigs.

Thanks

[/mod hat off]

If I was you I'd find parking in town and walk down the quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

It really is worse than it ever was motoring wise down there. The guards are taking an very active role in allowing no road side parking,even stopping taxi's from dropping off. My advise would be go Vearly,get a spot on one of the 10 quid spots, and then go for a drink in one of the hotels. Around concert time it can take 20+ minutes just to get down from the custom house, and then you have to look for a spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ttaf

We were there last week and rather than face the traffic we did the following. Parked at Red Cow Luas, got Luas to Connolly and when you get of the Luas at Connolly they have a feeder bus down to the O2. Feeder bus was €5 return. Very handy and less stressfull than driving in the city centre when you are not used to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Or there is the 24hr carpark at parnell street at the cinema
    bit of a walk but ur parked and safe

• Advertisement

Ttaf wrote: »
    Very handy and less stressfull than driving in the city centre when you are not used to it!

Ah, its a straight road up the quays, not that stressful, if you get in to the wrong lane just indicate and wave, someone will always let you out, it's not Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Have a look here: http://www.theo2.ie/getting-here/ - there is a downloadable trasport guide.

Also http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055443030

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Victor wrote: »
    Have a look here: http://www.theo2.ie/getting-here/ - there is a downloadable trasport guide.

Also http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055443030

Nice one. Cheers for the links

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Theres usually parking on upper Sherrif St, and Castleforbes St. Just be sure you are not parked on the clearway, I've seen plenty of cars get clamped for being on the wrong side of the road.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.350539,-6.232016&spn=0.008095,0.022659&z=16

Note, the terminus for route 151 may be changing to East Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭PaulieC

don't drive! it clogs up the whole east link. i've taken up to an hour and a half to get from booterstown to ringsend at times when there are concerts in that place. Stop at red cow luas park and ride as suggesred

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What time does the Luas carpark at the former red cow open until? or is it 24 hour parking

I imagine its 24 hour. Trams from about 05h00 to 25h00 (different at weekends).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 murt2281

hi, u can park in the point village car park beside the o2 it 10 euro for the evening you can look up the info for it at http://www.pointvillage.ie/parking. Its probably the closest and safest option..... i booked my tickets on the day of the show online at www.ticketmaster.ie just go on there and enter o2 parking in the search box and it will bring up a list of dates and shows at the o2 to select from then you can select the Ticketfast option when paying which send your tickets to your email so you can print them off and bring them with you.... ticket master do charge a 1 euro handling fee but still reasonable i think for secure close parking.... :cool:

Advertisement