Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anybody else repeating the leaving cert for 2012?

• 24-08-2011 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there anyone else who's repeating the leaving cert this year.

Did you already know you might have to repeat or did you only realise on results day?
    What place are you thinking of going to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Adaaam93

Yes I am also repeating the leaving this year.
    I already had a feeling I would have to repeat but tried to remain optimistic and hoped for the best.
    Im repeating in St. Laurences in Loughlinstown

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

I am just repeating maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Lexii307

I'm repeating :D Only found out on the day though. Didn't get what i was hoping for and i wasn't going to take an offer i didn't want. Went into my old/new school today to get everything finalised and everything looks good for now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I had a feeling I might have to repeat after 2 exams hadn't gone well.
    I still thought my results might have been a little better.
    I'm not gonna leave studying late this time.

I enrolled in a place yesterday. I still have to go to an interview for my other. I'm not sure where to go yet. They don't do mocks in the place I enrolled in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Hey, just repeated myself, it's totally worth it if you're 100% dedicated. Between last year's mocks and this year's lc I improved 125 points! good look to all, hope it goes better for yiz 2nd time round :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭C__MC

Waiting on next thursday then I will see

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Yes, I am repeating and I already knew I would be repeating when I finished my exams, they weren't as good as expected.
    Going back to my old school. Good luck yourself and everyone else. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Repeating was the best thing I ever did, went up 135 points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 moladd7

hello everyone !! im repeating the leaving certificate this year ... im hoping to go to yeats in waterford and i just want to know is it worth the money ? im a hardworker and will give it 110%...how much points am i likely to go up..i got 480 this year :/ ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 TeachMealog

Yeates has a good record, as have a number of Public schools in the South East.
    The De La Salle Boys school run a co-ed repeat leaving year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Macushlablue

Believe me, it's almost always better to repeat. You have to think of it this way: you can spend nine months of your life now getting a much better LC and the course you really want, or you can take a college course you don't really want and waste years of your life in an area that doesn't interest you.

Repeating is not the end of the world. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Believe me, it's almost always better to repeat. You have to think of it this way: you can spend nine months of your life now getting a much better LC and the course you really want, or you can take a college course you don't really want and waste years of your life in an area that doesn't interest you.

Repeating is not the end of the world. Best of luck!

this is all very true, some people take college courses for the sake of it unfortunately, and realise they make a mistake in the 1st year or whenever.
    If you don't get what you want consider repeating, its only one year:)

When does everyone start?
    I'm in friday morning but classes aren't until the 12th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eiimzxo

I'm repeating the leaving cert in Limerick Tutorial College. I'm so glad i dont need to repeat Irish and Maths. But I am taking on two new subjects for points, Geography and Ag Science, which needless to say is a daunting task. It's gonna be a hard year lads, but it'll be worth it! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cavanman52

Repeat leaving cert is now enrolling. It's a good school with a track record of success in bringing students up in points. I know a teacher from Cavan there. He is an excellent Business subjects teacher. He thought me in St. Pat's in Cavan. He has great notes:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭DufferO8

cavanman52 wrote: »
    Repeat leaving cert is now enrolling. It's a good school with a track record of success in bringing students up in points. I know a teacher from Cavan there. He is an excellent Business subjects teacher. He thought me in St. Pat's in Cavan. He has great notes:):)

can you still apply or is it to late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cavanman52

Ring the school but I think you should be ok. I'm not in the school but they were taking people on monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

'Ello!

I'm repeating too, it's kind of been on the back of my mind for many months. Glad I am - the next nine months could make a huge difference in the long run! :)

My reasons - youth, lack of career guidance and the fact that studying was left far too late last year... :rolleyes: :(

Sarah? wrote: »
    'Ello!

I'm repeating too, it's kind of been on the back of my mind for many months. Glad I am - the next nine months could make a huge difference in the long run! :)

My reasons - youth, lack of career guidance and the fact that studying was left far too late last year... :rolleyes: :(

I left the studying far to late last year myself. Now I'm looking back thinking what the hell was I thinking leaving it that late. I'm starting from Monday or at least organising what I will study and starting the one after. Definitely starting from around this month and no later.

• Advertisement

cavanman52 wrote: »

I'm starting there next week and doing business again. Does he just give you out loads of notes? Was he a good teacher? Does he go through the exam papers?

I didn't do aswell as I could've even though I passed I had a bad teacher who hated the subject and would just read the book and not even show us the right way to answer questions or check how we're getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johnpaulm88

Their fees aren't on the site, does anyone know what they are and what you need to put down day one?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

I left the studying far to late last year myself. Now I'm looking back thinking what the hell was I thinking leaving it that late. I'm starting from Monday or at least organising what I will study and starting the one after. Definitely starting from around this month and no later.

Same! What on Earth was I thinking! Such a bad decision- definitely would recommend everyone to start early or else they'll be back repeating like myself! :L

I'm doing that too- Starting this month (have already started a bit) and no later. It can make a HUGE difference! Good luck! xx

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    Same! What on Earth was I thinking! Such a bad decision- definitely would recommend everyone to start early or else they'll be back repeating like myself! :L

I'm doing that too- Starting this month (have already started a bit) and no later. It can make a HUGE difference! Good luck! xx

I'm starting the college classes tomorrow my timetables pretty handy too. I have two half days which is great and the lessons are longer :). I have my study timetable made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johnpaulm88

eiimzxo wrote: »
    I'm repeating the leaving cert in Limerick Tutorial College. I'm so glad i dont need to repeat Irish and Maths. But I am taking on two new subjects for points, Geography and Ag Science, which needless to say is a daunting task. It's gonna be a hard year lads, but it'll be worth it! ;)

Can you tell me what their fees are and how much they want up front, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

yeah I'm repeating. Is it better to repeat in your old school or in a new school? I hate my old school- don't want to repeat there! Do people get lazy or something when they repeat the LC in their old school?
    But I am taking on two new subjects for points, Geography and Ag Science, which needless to say is a daunting task. It's gonna be a hard year lads, but it'll be worth it!

exactly what I'm taking on!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 emzz

best of luck everyone! repeating is seriously the best thing I've ever done....I was close to accepting a course I didn't want last year just to move on from school but accepting what I wanted this year made it so worth it! keep the heads down and ye'll all do great, anything is possible if you put the work in and stay positive! It's definitely not easy but nothing in life that's worth it is attained easily!:)

Also I'd totally recommend Ag Science as a subject for repeating. I'd never stepped on a farm in my life and couldn't tell you a beef cow from a dairy cow starting off and I managed a B1!

Also, for anyone who took up geography "Exam Skills" by Sue Honan is excellent for sample answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Hey guys; gotta question about repeating here. If I start to repeat (and then possibly give up repeating) , does that mean I have forfeited my previous leaving Cert and my results are invalid? Thnx

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

i'm repeating in my old school, i'm a 7th year :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    Hey guys; gotta question about repeating here. If I start to repeat (and then possibly give up repeating) , does that mean I have forfeited my previous leaving Cert and my results are invalid? Thnx

Oh. My. God.

*facepalms*

No. Your leaving cert results will still be valid.

Advertisement