Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pet Hate - Unfiltered Americanisms

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

I think it's cute that so many people are trying to adopt American culture. No sense in fighting it.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Dude, lame

Americanisms are totally lame, dude

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

The Ny Mets are my favourite squadron.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

'I'm making chicken for dinner' - no, you're not, chickens make other chickens, what you are doing is cooking it. You can make a 'made' dish, like chicken pie, but you can't make a chicken. I don't want to know that you're 'fixing' a chicken, either. I only fix things that are broken...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

can i get a is a common phrase in freakin ballybrack. alri mister can i geh a batter burger and chips

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

i hate how americans call an arse a "fanny"... a fanny is a vagina not an arse....
    :D:) :pac: :D:) :pac: :D

Brilliant, its also true :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jakobgallagher

Cilantro.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bridget84

"pissed" instead of "pissed off".

"write you" instead of "write to you".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

PHENOMENOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

AWESOMMMMMMMMMMMME

WOW

especially when said in their loud protuding voices, just in case nobody hears them ten miles away.
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

why do gay guys & women call the toilet the "loo"? i don't think i know of any straight guys that call it the loo.... most straight guys say toilet, john, or bog

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

why do gay guys & women call the toilet the "loo"? i don't think i know of any straight guys that call it the loo.... most straight guys say toilet, john, or bog

Im straight and I say loo.

Thats another myth busted.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

i hate how americans call an arse a "fanny"... a fanny is a vagina not an arse....

Was in a hotel lounge in Waterford a couple of months back when an elderly American tourist walks in and announces in a Southern drawl:

"I'm dead beat, is there someplace I can set my fanny?"

They must be used to it down there because as far as I could tell I was the only one who found it amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Eh, What?

I'm gay, I know of no one who calls it the loo.
    Just the toilet, jacks, bog...

Mammys call it the 'loo' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Wrong thread.

I call it loo too, alternating with 'the shit-eating porcelain gimp'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

syklops wrote: »
    Im straight and I say loo.

Thats another myth busted.

You're only lying to yourself lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

"Can I get a" - usually said in Coffee Shops. You don't say Can I get a when you ask for something anywhere else.

Can I get a whoop whoop? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Tazio wrote: »
    My bad.

;)

A teacher actually went mental at a classmate of mine recently when he said that. Everyone just stared blank faced at her random outburst!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

fall instead of autumn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Say what?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

May not be an Americanism as much as a "boards"ism but people who put "simples" at the end of their posts. It's starting to drive me mad! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

Guestimation, I assume thats how you spell it. I refuse to look it up as its NOT a reall word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

mom
    fail
    epic

Advertisement