Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 shot dead at Batman showing in Denver

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Unconfirmed now that a baby is amongst the deaths. Plenty more material for AH eh? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭johndoe99

just reading on wikipedia about Gun Laws in Colorado, makes interesting reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_(by_state)#Colorado

theres no Firearm registration
    No Owner license required

there gun-mad in the US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

chin_grin wrote: »
    Because of the fact that they're allowed buy guns so...

Well, you sleep happily tonight knowing that you're laughing at the murder of 12 people.

I hope i never have the misfortune to speak to you in real life. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

:eek: What is WRONG with the world??

Well I guess some people like to see the world burn

( I'm not making a joke )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Unconfirmed now that a baby is amongst the deaths. Plenty more material for AH eh? :rolleyes:

Christ that's awful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

No but the killing was LOL :rolleyes:

Reported for being a complete tool. LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

please dont tempt them!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm not going to mention that film with Denver in the title, but someone somewhere is bound to.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Confirmed that a baby was shot at point blank range.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

FatherLen wrote: »
    some more info
    The radio station said a figure in a gas mask had opened fire at the showing in a mall in the suburb of Aurora and set off a smoke or tear gas bomb. It said initial police estimates were of 30-40 injured.

wasn't that the plot for the first one?

and a baby? i know this will get slated but why would anyone bring a baby to a batman movie?

I do hope whoever done it is caught and strung up by the balls though

• Advertisement

reporting now that there was 2 guys in helmets and body armour. One suspect has been arrested

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The muppets attempting to joke about this incident are not representative of After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Temaz wrote: »

The gunman needs to be shot at point-blank-range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Instantly felt my heart drop reading that.

Saddest thing I've read in a long time.

Poor innocent baby :( did nothing to the world and had this awful end.

The jokes here are absolutely sickening and vile

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Seriously?? God I was hoping that was chinese whispers.

Why would anyone do this? Those people were just sitting in a cinema, not hurting anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

I'm following the Reddit thread which seems to say there was a bomb involved.

Gunmen were dressed in "Bane outfits" (unconfirmed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Hope it's just some nutter(s) and not political/religious extremism.

I really hope the baby story is inaccurate. I can't imagine a baby being allowed into a midnight screening of a movie.

The gunman needs to be shot at point-blank-range

to quick and painless

Witness on sky news saying tear gas was fired and shots opened up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I am pie wrote: »
    Some disgusting comments on this thread.

12 people murdered and we're happy enough to be making jokes.

Fcking pathetic display of double standards, we're all up in arms over a sectarian parade in Belfast, a kid who dies in an ambulance or couple on honeymoon who get murdered but it's grand to make jokes about the tragic murder victims here?

Because they aren't Irish, because they are American ? If it's not that, then do please explain why you think it's OK to get a few cheaps laugh out of what must have been a terrifying end and such a sad event for the family.

Genuinely horrified. Anyone who chirps up with 'lighten up' deserves nothing but comtempt. Pathetic.

Horrified is too small a word, chilling is what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Live feed of the Aurora Police read here for those interested: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=wp&feedId=43

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I am pie wrote: »
    Well, you sleep happily tonight knowing that you're laughing at the murder of 12 people.

I hope i never have the misfortune to speak to you in real life. Pathetic.

The worlds a dark place, the way people see and deal with situations is how we cope. Some do it with humour ("gallows humour", have you ever laughed at the death of someone/something?).

By the way I'm not laughing at the murder of twelve people. We're making a joke of the situation...and also the fact that the US has crazy gun laws, I'll admit it's sad.

EDIT @11:25: I took the wrong end and went offensive regarding my earlier posts (I have since deleted the youtube video one as I'll admit it was stupid on my part to do). But here I wanted to express that the situation is laughable, not the deaths...the fact that this happened... I guess I'm not explaining that well either. Also edited out unwarranted rebuttal to other poster.

Lollers wrote: »
    I'm following the Reddit thread which seems to say there was a bomb involved.

a bomb squad has been dispatched but hopefully thats more of a caution than anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

great film, saw it yesterday :)
    bruce wayne is batman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Christ :(

Basq wrote: »
    Live feed of the Aurora Police read here for those interested: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=wp&feedId=43

thats crazy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

whats the bets that the 2 freaks that carried out this atrocity met on an internet forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,852 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i see this is the classy corner of Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Seriously?? God I was hoping that was chinese whispers.

Why would anyone do this? Those people were just sitting in a cinema, not hurting anyone.

Its shocking that a baby has been killed too.

But seriously why was a baby at the new Batman film?

Advertisement