Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alanstrainor bought a 325CI!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

166man wrote: »
    Yeah I understand that, people thinking their car is better than it actually is. That being said there are some seriously nice car's for sale on that website.:)
    That much is true, but in fairness, enthusisast do look after their cars much better than the average Joe. Especially when it comes to something like a BMW I would much rather buy a car from an enthusiast even if it meant paying well over the odds, because you'd know that it has been properly looked after, they'll almost always have a good spec and all the known weak spots of the car will probably have been taken care of, so while you'll be paying more, you'll be spending a lot less and just basically have a far better car to boot:)!

I know lads - I wasn't trying to make a big deal about it. Let's move on. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Of course, but every seller i've talked to on my car hunt thinks their car is the best thing on the planet. Even when it was quite obviously wrecked.

Anyway, this guy jumped right on my wanted thread on BMW-Driver:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3056755

The spoiler looks cack on them though!

The spoiler isn't too bad, I've seen worse but an M-tech lip spoiler suits the car a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Of course, but every seller i've talked to on my car hunt thinks their car is the best thing on the planet. Even when it was quite obviously wrecked.

Silver doesn't do it for me. Had an M-Tech 323 in silver before, lovely car but once you buy one you'll notice half the cars in the country are silver.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The spoiler isn't too bad, I've seen worse but an M-tech lip spoiler suits the car a lot better.

+1, definitely agree. By the looks of it, they are bolted on too, so it wouldn't be the easiest thing in the world to get rid of:(
    MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Silver doesn't do it for me. Had an M-Tech 323 in silver before, lovely car but once you buy one you'll notice half the cars in the country are silver.

Don't mind the colour that much, would love the Imola red colour posted earlier, or something that polishes up well! Always think silver leaves a lot to be desired after a good polish and wax!

+1, definitely agree. By the looks of it, they are bolted on too, so it wouldn't be the easiest thing in the world to get rid of:(

Don't mind the colour that much, would love the Imola red colour posted earlier, or something that polishes up well! Always think silver leaves a lot to be desired after a good polish and wax!

Yeah, you'd have to replace the whole boot lid if you wanted rid of the spoiler. Either that are get the holes filled but then you'd have to get the whole thing resprayed!

When it's done properly, red comes up beautifully.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yeah, you'd have to replace the whole boot lid if you wanted rid of the spoiler. Either that are get the holes filled but then you'd have to get the whole thing resprayed!

When it's done properly, red comes up beautifully.

I don't know if the spoiler annoys me that much! hahaha

Anyway, seller is up in Dublin on Saturday getting brake lines done for NCT, so im hoping to go and have a look then.

I don't know if the spoiler annoys me that much! hahaha

Anyway, seller is up in Dublin on Saturday getting brake lines done for NCT, so im hoping to go and have a look then.

I know, I'm just telling you the hassle involved for something that isn't that bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

There is a lad on BMW driver with a mint 02 imola red 325 that is moving to London in a couple of months and he was talking about selling it. Haven't a clue if that is still the plan or if it would be near your budget.

Yer man has a video up and all. Looks decent enough I suppose.

EDIT: Anyone else think the drivers side door looks a bit off?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Yer man has a video up and all. Looks decent enough I suppose.

EDIT: Anyone else think the drivers side door looks a bit off?

Prob wouldnt have noticed it only you mentioned it, but yeah its odd looking.

On a personal note, i just dont like silver cars!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

Guys, I'm a long time at the game, driven everything. For me over the years the Bm 2.5 engine is a honey. I ve had loads of 325is including an e36 325ci auto. It was a hoot to drive, very sharp steering, the engine like silk, the auto box a dream and went like stink. I couldn't recommend these motors enough.....tax will sting but if your picking these up at sub 4k it's bargain motoring and quality motoring in one.

The only thing over the years that annoyed me with the 325 engines was the bloody hydraulic tappets....with age they weep so on start up there's a rattle as they don't hold the oil.....once up and running you wouldn't notice it but it's a bit of a job to replace the 24 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

pred racer wrote: »

Heh I've been hammered for this on my own search on the forum, check out my 325ci thread in the BMW Wanted section as well Alan.. lots of talk there :D

Heh I've been hammered for this on my own search on the forum, check out my 325ci thread in the BMW Wanted section as well Alan.. lots of talk there :D

I read through your whole thread. You're even pickier than I am!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

I read through your whole thread. You're even pickier than I am!:D

It's my money father!!

pred racer wrote: »
    Prob wouldnt have noticed it only you mentioned it, but yeah its odd looking.

I'm obviously just a cautious cat. The marks are off a washing line! And its just the shadow.

Will be viewing on Saturday anyway. Here's hoping it's as good as it looks in the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

I'm obviously just a cautious cat. The marks are off a washing line! And its just the shadow.

Will be viewing on Saturday anyway. Here's hoping it's as good as it looks in the photos.

It'll still be silver though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Silver.......dont do it! Youve only been looking a few days alan, hold off a while longer :)

Silver.......dont do it! Youve only been looking a few days alan, hold off a while longer :)

Haven't bought it yet lads. Just going to view on Saturday!

I have some high res photos and it looks the business. I'm clearly not as against silver as yee lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Haven't bought it yet lads. Just going to view on Saturday!

I have some high res photos and it looks the business. I'm clearly not as against silver as yee lot!

Ah you just haven't experienced any other colour yet, that's the problem. It just never shows up as well as other colours when you clean it up, sure that's why MetzgerMeister changed cars! :D

Ah you just haven't experienced any other colour yet, that's the problem. It just never shows up as well as other colours when you clean it up, sure that's why MetzgerMeister changed cars! :D

It could be worse, it could be black!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I don't like something about that silver coupe. It was for sale when I was looking with all the m sport trim on it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I think that its just the shadows from the top of the bush behind.

/EDIT missed the 5th page, already cleared up.

conzymaher wrote: »
    I don't like something about that silver coupe. It was for sale when I was looking with all the m sport trim on it.

I don't know the car, I don't know the seller but it's strange to have an add that detailed mentioning all the history and the car is stunning but it's due an NCT next month.

It seems a bit of a WTF to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

It could be worse, it could be black!:pac:

Cheeky bugger :p

If you like that silver one in all fairness, it looks like a decent buy. Just remember you'll be looking at it every day so get one that makes you smile, colour included :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Without wanting to drag this whole colour thing on (:pac:). Silber is a colour for people with no personality :p

RoverJames wrote: »
    I don't know the car, I don't know the seller but it's strange to have an add that detailed mentioning all the history and the car is stunning but it's due an NCT next month.

It seems a bit of a WTF to me.

Indeed. I made it clear to the seller that it was a no go without the nct and that I wouldn't purchase without a new nct.

Thanks for all the responses lads, I honestly don't know what I'd be doing if I didn't have all this advice from yee lot!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I think we should base the next meet on you going to view some possible purchases. A dozen fellas (and one or two girls) turn up to some house in an estate, double parking all over the place, and we all have a good nose over the car. I dunno what the seller would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Thanks for all the responses lads, I honestly don't know what I'd be doing if I didn't have all this advice from yee lot!

You're well able to find yourself the right car and present it to your mechanic for a quick look over before you parts with your monies

The only thing you needed us for was to convince you not to buy a Toyota Corolla :pac:

• Advertisement

delly wrote: »
    I think we should base the next meet on you going to view some possible purchases. A dozen fellas (and one or two girls) turn up to some house in an estate, double parking all over the place, and we all have a good nose over the car. I dunno what the seller would think.

The seller would think "jeez, this guy knows nothing about cars...but he sure has a lot of friends"

Advertisement