Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus : Douglas - Cork City

• 25-05-2010 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm moving back to Cork soon and am considering moving out to Douglas. I work in UCC and am hoping to be able to use public transport to commute. What's the bus service like out of Douglas to the city? Is it a nightmare trying to get into the city early in the morning?

Thanks,
    Bacchus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

The number 7 is very reliable with times and stops just next to KC's chipper

The number 16 also passes before the number 7 so either way you will not miss a bus. If i catch the bus at 7.10am it will get into the city before 7.25am and no traffic either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Awesome thank you. My only reservation about moving to Douglas was the commute. From what you say though, it's very manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Depending on where in Douglas you are (ie, if you are out towards the grange direction) the number six comes down that way every 10 or 15 minutes. (And goes down donnybrook hill and drops you off at the South Mall. That's usually the one I take if I'm heading into the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

That site is great. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

cool, didn't know that was on FB :)

Not only on FB, Im now rolling out a website!

http://www.corkpublictransport.com/

its early stages!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

its early stages!

That looks very good - fair play for making the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

its early stages!

That is excellent...keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

@ Funsterdelux
    These sites are your babies? Fair play! Thanks for, and Kudos on, your work!

Key to the City for Funsterdelux!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

For the most part the No.6 is excellent and is very frequent (every 10 minutes). I did the Douglas/UCC commute for four years and I use the 6 for work too. Traffic in the morning can be awful though. There's about 5/6 schools on the route. If you want to be in town before 9 I found it best to be on the bus somewhere between 7.30 and 8 just to be sure. The walk from South Mall (where the bus route ends) to UCC is about 15 minutes.The number 7 bus also serves Douglas.

FTGFOP wrote: »
    @ Funsterdelux
    These sites are your babies? Fair play! Thanks for, and Kudos on, your work!

Key to the City for Funsterdelux!

*blushes*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Bacchus wrote: »
    Awesome thank you. My only reservation about moving to Douglas was the commute. From what you say though, it's very manageable.

well I was going to recommend cycling it. The distance from Douglas (village) to Anglesea St is just under a mile.
    The cycle to UCC would be a nice one, nothing to hilly and you'd probably beat the cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

well I was going to recommend cycling it. The distance from Douglas (village) to Anglesea St is just under a mile.
    The cycle to UCC would be a nice one, nothing to hilly and you'd probably beat the cars.

Was going to suggest the same, would be a very quick cycle, through Turners Cross and Ballyphehane to avoid the city altogether.

Advertisement