Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Glad to see you’re getting back on track! :) When is this 5k you were trying to organise drinks around?!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

claralara wrote: »
    Glad to see you’re getting back on track! :) When is this 5k you were trying to organise drinks around?!

Donore 5k -> Ryans? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Donore 5k -> Ryans? :pac:

Yep that session's been in the pipeline since February. Gonna be a long one, good warm up for the race series. 10 drink minimum this year i've heard :p

Yep that session's been in the pipeline since February. Gonna be a long one, good warm up for the race series. 10 drink minimum this year i've heard :p

Brianderunner vs Menopause for last man standing. Place your bets now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Brianderunner vs Menopause for last man standing. Place your bets now.

Brian may be the last man standing but Meno will be still ordering drinks from the floor!

• Advertisement

1,500m swim before heading to Messrs last night. Managed to leave my swimming gear behind in Messrs. D'oh! :pac:

And 40 days after the injury, I *finally* ran 5km this evening. 9 min walk / 31 minute run (5.3km covered, 5.52/km average pace - 9.26/mile old money) / 6 minute walk. Very happy with that - no pain, so yet another little milestone. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

And 40 days after the injury, I *finally* ran 5km this evening. 9 min walk / 31 minute run (5.3km covered, 5.52/km average pace - 9.26/mile old money) / 6 minute walk. Very happy with that - no pain, so yet another little milestone. :D

Great news .... patience is (still!) key.

Good stuff J!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Well done but if I was you I'd take it easy
    Now might be a good time to stay where you are and not push on- get the ITB used to running again!

• Advertisement

Stretched it out again a bit this morning, 9 min walk / 40 min run / 8 min walk. Covered 5.39 miles in total, 4.25 miles of that running - average running pace 9.35/mile. No pain from the injury site at all, which I'm pretty delighted with because the route used was slightly less flat than other runs I've done over the last week or two. Was also chuffed to be out for long enough to listen to a decent chunk of this week's MarathonTalk while running :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Excellent, well done. I'm sure I don't have to tell you to take it easy though and build up slowly again...not that I take my own advice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Fantastic J. Your patience is paying off. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

So when is this 5km. I am interested and want to run it... even if it's just for ****s and giggles. Also.... very interested in drinks afterwards. My 3.5 month abstinence has been lifted :)

Glad you're doing well too Ms. Kirby!

It's quiet here today!:rolleyes:

mrslow wrote: »
    It's quiet here today!:rolleyes:

You accusing me of slacking off? :pac:

40 minutes easy run on the cards for me this evening - and I certainly took it very easy. 10.06/mile average pace. Just put some mellow music on the iPod and chilled out for this one. :cool:

You accusing me of slacking off?

A touch sensitive, no?

mrslow wrote: »
    A touch sensitive, no?

The ":pac:" implies sarcasm ;)

Wish I had running gear with me today, would have been an awesome day for a lunchtime run...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Wish I had running gear with me today, would have been an awesome day for a lunchtime run...

Yes, I was just thinking that! Looking forward to heading out after work now though. Now, what to do... :rolleyes:

Finally got out at about 9pm this evening after my talk of lunchtime runs :pac:

Today's session was 15 minutes easy, hill sprints, 15 minutes easy. Headed up to Bohernabreena just past the church for this, which (funnily enough) is pretty much exactly 15 minutes away from my house when I'm at 10 min/mile pace :pac: Did the hill sprints with walk recovery, and ran home easy after that. Kept my stride short and pace easy on the way home, didn't want to put too much pressure on a recovering ITB when this was also my third day in a row running. Total distance covered was 3.24 miles.

Rest day tomorrow, and by rest day we mean pilates and then more strengthening work when I get home. :cool:

• Advertisement

Pilates and strengthening work today, then home to watch the second half of the Copa Del Rey final. ****ing hate Real Madrid :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Hill sessions at the Bohernabreena church......Good going!!:)

3.2 miles yesterday evening from the office, laps of Merrion Square. 9.30/mile average pace, felt harder than it should - stupid hayfever. I'd originally planned to get out at lunchtime, but changed my plans when I saw a Very High pollen count for Dublin. Still sucked at 6pm :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

Headed up to Bohernabreena just past the church for this :cool:

Jeezz Well done I sometimes can hardly get my car up that hill! :eek:

As drunk as you were last night, i'm sure you still remember our 20 euro bet we made on you running Dublin. Wait till this forum is full of DCM chat and you will crack :p

As drunk as you were last night, i'm sure you still remember our 20 euro bet we made on you running Dublin. Wait till this forum is full of DCM chat and you will crack :p

This one is easy for me to win, I just have to accidentally on purpose not register. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

This one is easy for me to win, I just have to accidentally on purpose not register. :cool:

Resist Resist. Think of it that 20e will cover your entry fee nearly for Waterford;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I tried that last year, didn't work when you have friends like mine. Saved me €90 and I still got to plod around a marathon! :D

Yes but I set it at 20 euro just to tease you. Any higher and I would be making it too easy for you. This will be an interesting one to follow.

• Advertisement

Decided to switch tomorrow's run to today because I probably won't get a chance to run tomorrow what with Eddie's funeral being on.

On the cards for "Saturday" - 40 minutes with 1 mile at MP. Erm, it wasn't exactly MP. :pac: First mile took about 9.30, then stretched the legs out. 7:50 later, another mile was done. Not strictly intentional (note to self: MP is 9 min/mile...), but running fast on a sunny, warm evening feels great! Ran easy after that, did 4.36 miles (7.01km) in 40 minutes.

Advertisement