Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Boy in Galway [found dead RIP]

• 06-03-2011 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

There is a 16 year old boy missing in Galway. His name is Cian Comerford and he went missing last night. He was last seen at half four this morning (Sunday 6 March) in Menlo. All of his friends have been contacted but no one knows anything. The Guards have been contacted and there was a search party sent out earlier but they stopped after it got dark. There is another search party going out tomorrow morning at half eight. If anyone is available that would be great. They are meeting at the church in Menlo. It's totally out of character for him to go missing like this and his parents are very worried. If you have any information please contact the Guards on 091 - 538-000.

Thanks.

(If anyone can tell me how to upload a pic from Facebook that would be great. Otherwise you can check out his profile, I'm fairly sure his pics aren't set to private)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Right-click on his Facebook picture and click "Save image as..." or "Save Picture As..." and save it somewhere on your computer. Then edit your original post, scroll down and click "Manage Attachments". Click "Browse", then find the image on your computer and click "Open". Then click "Upload". After that's done, you can click "Submit Reply" again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

That's terrible.

What was he wearing when he went missing? Whereabouts in Menlo was he last seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Can't see any photos; have you a link or any info on what he was wearing etc?
    hope he is found safe and well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

A post removed, I think it's best we don't speculate until we know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

:Where does young Cian go to school?

Lord, as the mother of a 16 year old lad myself who worries when he goes out with his mates I am praying to God he is okay....
    My thoughts are with his parents ( nightmare to be going thru'):(

Would be good to know where abouts in Menlo he went missing. I know many people who head to Menlo kayaking and they would go towards where he was last seen and keep their eyes open about the place......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

As a friend of Cian's parents I am sad to report that Cian is RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Storm 10

O My God that is so tragic, May He Rest in Peace the poor lad. My deepest sympathy to his family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭salthillman

Found dead this morning. Died from exposure. In total shock....

Thanks for the help.

RIP Cian.

JohnCleary posted it earlier but since there was no official news I removed it in case it wasn't him.
    Does anyone have a link to a source?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Jesu that is terrible. May he rest in peace, poor lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0307/galway.html

RIP and my condolences to his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

biko wrote: »
    JohnCleary posted it earlier but since there was no official news I removed it in case it wasn't him.
    Does anyone have a link to a source?

There will be no link for a while. I know you're only protecting boards by requesting so, but 3 confirmations should be enough!

So sad, so young. RIP.

-Edit- Didn't think there would be a link up so quickly, apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

From RTTs link
    The body of a 16-year-old youth has been recovered this morning in a field in the Menlo area of Galway city.

The body of a 16-year-old youth has been recovered this morning in a field in the Menlo area of Galway city.
    It follows an extensive search for a student who had been missing since leaving a party in the early hours of Sunday.
    No foul play is suspected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

We were just told in school there,what a pity.
    His year are coming back,they went off on a school tour this morning.RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

My god i was reading the first post on the way into work this morning and was hoping for a happier ending.
    Thats shocking. Rip and condolences to his family and friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Very sad to hear. My condolences to his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Terrible news...Every parents worst nightmare. My heart goes out to them.:(

RIP Cian

What does exposure mean?....

Could this have been avoided with a tracker on his mobile?(the person on the ''mobile stole in carbon'' said they had a tracker on it)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭drusk

Rest in Peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

RIP, such a tragedy, deepest sympathies to family and friends

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

What does exposure mean?....

exposure usually means
    hypothermia, basically your core body temperature would drop because you are exposed to the elements, cold ground, temperature etc. If left untreated you will die.

skelliser wrote: »
    exposure usually means
    hypothermia, basically your core body temperature would drop because you are exposed to the elements, cold ground, temperature etc. If left untreated you will die.

I was thinking it was that all right.... It's sadder then the people who fall into the Corrib, in that there's probably more of a window to save them(through the mobile GPS etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭LoopyL

So sad another young life ended too soon.

RIP. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭medeame

Mr and Mrs Comerford, i am so very sorry. I know what it is like with teenagers, you cannot keep them locked up and you cannot be with them every single minute.
    There is nothing anyone can say to bring your darling boy back.
    I just wanted to say a prayer and let you know that thousands of parents worry. Please not now or at any time at all, do not blame yourself. You cannot watch the teenagers 24/7, we all have that lump in our throat and the jittery feeling until they come in.
    I know a good friend of Cian lives close to me in the menlo rd area and i know he will be deeply upset too.

Again to Mr and Mrs Comerford i can only say sorry.
    And to young Cian, rest in peace sweet boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mybabydoll

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

Poor guy. R.I.P.

Condolences to his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Shocking and shocked to hear this, my thoughts and prayers with his family at this time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Deepest sympathy to his parents and family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Tedole

RIP cian, very sad, God bless and grant support to his family and friends.
    He is reposing at the famly home at Cluain Airne on the Clybaun Road from 4pm to 9pm today (Wednesday), with removal tomorrow (Thursday) at 11.30am for noon Requiem Mass in Salthill, with burial afterwards in Rahoon Cemetery.

Advertisement