Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Where do you buy your jeans again? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭thomasj

Sponge Bob wrote: »

Ha ha! :pac: okay maybe its better off in inside jacket pocket!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Zirconia wrote: »
    Thanks for the info manual_man, I just placed an order for one from Panamoz and put my new Galaxy Tab 10.1 up for sale on boards - I prefer the 7" form factor.

Hey chief just wondering did you get your tab yet???

thomasj wrote: »

Funnily enough the 7.7 slips inside my slacks (!)

So there :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭thomasj

manual_man wrote: »

No way! :eek: :eek: :eek: seriously?

• Advertisement

No way! :eek: :eek: :eek: seriously?

Yup..

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

I have to say i was delighted. I ordered Sunday Morning and received the tab Thursday at around 11am, having come all the way from Hong Kong. Ups Worldwide express was the delivery method, and only cost 12 euro. Very impressed. I mailed Panamoz twice and they replied very quickly and were very friendly. As soon as the item was shipped i got a mail off them with the Ups tracking number which i could follow on the Ups website. As they state, they incur any import duties/tax, so there wasn't any nasty surprise when the Ups guy arrived at the door. I'd have no hesitation buying off them again

The tab was in some Asian language when i did the setup, i think there may have been an option to change to English there and then, but i may have missed it. Anyway i got through the setup and then figured to go into settings and the Locale and Input Tab where the first option was to change the language. Got the 16gb wifi version as i didnt see the point paying extra for i can tether my android phone if needs be, though the 3g version was only around 80 euro extra for someone who wants that option

so it was 408 euro? plus shipping

no import tax?

woop wrote: »
    I have to say i was delighted. I ordered Sunday Morning and received the tab Thursday at around 11am, having come all the way from Hong Kong. Ups Worldwide express was the delivery method, and only cost 12 euro. Very impressed. I mailed Panamoz twice and they replied very quickly and were very friendly. As soon as the item was shipped i got a mail off them with the Ups tracking number which i could follow on the Ups website. As they state, they incur any import duties/tax, so there wasn't any nasty surprise when the Ups guy arrived at the door. I'd have no hesitation buying off them again

The tab was in some Asian language when i did the setup, i think there may have been an option to change to English there and then, but i may have missed it. Anyway i got through the setup and then figured to go into settings and the Locale and Input Tab where the first option was to change the language. Got the 16gb wifi version as i didnt see the point paying extra for i can tether my android phone if needs be, though the 3g version was only around 80 euro extra for someone who wants that option

so it was 408 euro? plus shipping

no import tax?

Nope. Well it was 434 for me, but exchange rates have changed a bit since then, so now it should come in around 420 inc. delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

Nope. Well it was 434 for me, but exchange rates have changed a bit since then, so now it should come in around 420 inc. delivery

Im tempted now :O

8.9 would be the sweet spot for me though mainly due to the way it docks. Due to the massive delay in these tabs coming out Im a little worried they might be out dated soon enough.........the 7.7 with that screen/design doesnt seem to run the same risk however and at that price!

decisions decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭00sully

manual_man, I just went for it there as the price on that site was very reasonable. I'm having doubts now though about my haste. Of course I head over to xda AFTER it shipped to check on the Rom update status but was instead horrified to read all of the screen problems encountered :(

has your's manifested any of these problems? seems to affect them all :-/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1463622

• Advertisement

00sully wrote: »
    manual_man, I just went for it there as the price on that site was very reasonable. I'm having doubts now though about my haste. Of course I head over to xda AFTER it shipped to check on the Rom update status but was instead horrified to read all of the screen problems encountered :(

has your's manifested any of these problems? seems to affect them all :-/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1463622

I honestly can't say I've noticed any problems. The 7.7's screen is the best I've seen on any tablet. I use it for browsing, photos, videos, and apps of course. All good

I honestly can't say I've noticed any problems. The 7.7's screen is the best I've seen on any tablet. I use it for browsing, photos, videos, and apps of course. All good

Cool, well apparently manifests itself after a few weeks so keep an eye I know I will ;-)

HELLS YEAH! :eek::D

edit: yes I did just receive this from Panamoz :D how are they selling this for €400?!

00sully wrote: »

HELLS YEAH! :eek::D

edit: yes I did just receive this from Panamoz :D how are they selling this for €400?!

Haha. You like it so...

They have a base in Hong Kong that's where they ship all their goods from as far as i know stuff much cheaper over there

ah it's class - I've played with almost every tab out there (bar the prime) and this is hands down superior where it counts - form factor, screen resolution and the amoled screen is sweet - have the s2 as well and said I could never get another screen device that wasn't amoled ;) it really makes that much of a difference.

I am worried about the permanent honeycomb status bar cuz it's gray and it might lead to screen burn. going to root it tonight and try and remove it :)

what a piece of kit though, and Panamoz were super fast and super cheap. ordered Friday morning had it this morning at 10am! will be ordering off them again no doubt. I can see how it would be cheap but how do they get away with tax/customs?! should have been at least €500 if they factored that in!? weird. I'm not complaining tho.

I was looking forward to having the IR port and the lack of it is confusing but tbh I'm so chuffed with it I couldn't care less anymore :D

ok for those with this tab I recommend rooting in order to remove the ever present honeycomb bar. once you have root, download honeybar from the market - this is just to allay fears of screen burn in (hopefully ICS doesn't have this limitation)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1454112

Samsung Kies is not necessary in the above steps if you have a micro sd card reader to get the root.zip file onto it - it's simples after that :)

Advertisement