Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos: Hardware

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    nice setup you got there IWM. i'm sure she will knockem for you;)

Oh, definitely, if I can just point it straight now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭clivej

It occurs to me I never stuck up pics of my finished stalking setup, so here it is. Has a new set of low Optilock mounts on it now as of the other night thanks to clivej (Cheers clive!) and feels better than ever. Bore-sighted it today and zeroing tomorrow, stalking sunday. Hopefully she'll get a nice confirmation now.

Image0022.jpg?t=1295630108

Image0024.jpg?t=1295630151

Well may she wear for you IWM, aim small and hit hard.:)

But I need to know did you take off the arrestor pin, like I did with mine???:eek:

clivej wrote: »
    Well may she wear for you IWM, aim small and hit hard.:)

But I need to know did you take off the arrestor pin, like I did with mine???:eek:

No, left it on. Bore-sighted today and it was just a couple of inches off so I'll see how the zeroing goes tomorrow now. Should be alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

nice set up there
    whats the caliber and scope ya have on top?

endasmail wrote: »
    nice set up there
    whats the caliber and scope ya have on top?

The calibre is .25-06 and the scope is a Schmidt and Bender 4-16x50 Long Range model with a Varmint Dot 8 reticle. Nice setup. Good gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

IWM, wear well. lovely looking gun. Are they 117gr sst's??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

looking good IWM!!!
    It will be blooded tomorrow..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭DR6.5

Lovely setup there IWM, have you shot any animals with the hornadys yet, how do you find them.

Im after getting a batch of 85 grain nosler ballistic tip reloads for the 25-06, shot a group the other day at 100mtrs, basically a one hole group.

Its a great calibre, shot a few animals during the week devastaing damage to the neck, headshot a calf, it blew the head clean off.

dr6.5

IWM, wear well. lovely looking gun. Are they 117gr sst's??

They are indeed. €33.50 a box from McCarthy's in Prosperous. Thanks again for that tip!
    dwighet wrote: »
    looking good IWM!!!
    It will be blooded tomorrow..;)

Here's hoping alright!
    DR6.5 wrote: »
    Lovely setup there IWM, have you shot any animals with the hornadys yet, how do you find them.

Im after getting a batch of 85 grain nosler ballistic tip reloads for the 25-06, shot a group the other day at 100mtrs, basically a one hole group.

Its a great calibre, shot a few animals during the week devastaing damage to the neck, headshot a calf, it blew the head clean off.

dr6.5

No, not shot anything yet with them. Hopefully will have results to post tomorrow evening. I like the report they're getting though in the .25. They open fast, but not as fast as the thinner jacketed ballistic tip, so still a perfectly viable bullet for neck and head shooting which'll break bones and do lots of damage, while also retaining weight well and penetrating. They're accurate enough for me too, at about 3/4" at 107 metres.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Tac

Sable D/B Shoutgun, sidelock.
    Medallist 32" O/U Shotgun,
    CZ 452 Varmint in .22lr,
    Sako 75 Varmint in 6.5x55SE with Schmidt & Bender 3-12x50
    Sako 85 Finnlite in .300 Win Mag with Nightforce 2.5-10x24. Attachment not found.Attachment not found.

IMG_0211 [640x480].JPG

IMG_0212 [640x480].JPG

IMG_0213 [640x480].JPG

IMG_0214 [640x480].JPG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Newest arrival. Weighed in at 11lb 8oz.

Savage 10 FCP, .308cal, 24" barrel, Harris bipod, NF scope, Near rail, NF rings.

picture.php?albumid=811&pictureid=8603

picture.php?albumid=811&pictureid=8604

picture.php?albumid=811&pictureid=8605
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Completely jealous Ezridax. Can I be as bold as to ask how much the rifle was? PM if ya want

Very nice ez. If it's anything like the one I shot, it'll be an absolute tack-driver. Was very tempted to buy one for a long time. Well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭tonytoc11

My Lanber: Don't have it too long. 28" barrels, single selective trigger. Simple but effective. Don't us the stock cartridge holder at all but it is cumfy to rest your cheek against.
    Photo0120.jpg
    Photo0126.jpg
    Photo0121.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Hi everyone. I thought I will share some pictures of my Tikka T3 Super Varmint in .223. Love it to bits...

.223 Super Varmint 24" heavy barrel
    Nightforce NXS 8-32X56 mil dot reticle
    T8 moderator
    Harris 6"-9" swivel bipod
    Warne medium rings
    EGW 20 MOA base
    HSS bolt handle and shroud
    Butler Creek Stretch sling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

zlezlius wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I thought I will share some pictures of my Tikka T3 Super Varmint in .223. Love it to bits...

T8 moderator
    Warne medium rings
    EGW 20 MOA base

Where did you get/what's the name of that cheek-piece???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

T8 moderator
    Warne medium rings
    EGW 20 MOA base

that is a sweet rig you got there, you wont be able to blame a miss on the equipment thats for sure.
    with that setup you should have no problem tagging bunnys and crows out past 500y .
    god help the fox in your area

Glensman wrote: »
    Where did you get/what's the name of that cheek-piece???

It is a standard adjustable cheek piece on a Super varmint model, Glensman.

that is a sweet rig you got there, you wont be able to blame a miss on the equipment thats for sure.
    with that setup you should have no problem tagging bunnys and crows out past 500y .
    god help the fox in your area

:) Thanks Poulo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

It is a standard adjustable cheek piece on a Super varmint model, Glensman.

Damn it; so I'm no further forward!

Enjoy the gun- looks sweet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 nikobyrne

jesus how did i end up on this forum, i thought it was advice about hardware for cameras??? but the guns still look cool...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

nikobyrne wrote: »
    jesus how did i end up on this forum, i thought it was advice about hardware for cameras??? but the guns still look cool...:D

They say take a photo, It lasts longer

Buy a rifle, Keep it for ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 nikobyrne

They say take a photo, It lasts longer

Buy a rifle, Keep it for ever :D
    haha tackleberrywho, i think i will stick to admiring them from a distance and stick with cameras, at least they are something i know a little about!!:P

took my tikka out to the range yesterday

took my tikka out to the range yesterday

Looking good there. How did the day go for you. What kind of results did you get.

Looking good there. How did the day go for you. What kind of results did you get.

Not bad Paul, despite changable 5mile/hour wind got some nice groups at 150 yard using 55 gr Hornady v max. Now was little bit disapointed with Federal 55gr FMJ and 50gr Hollow points- no group with them was smaller than avarage 1.5 inch when v max was giving me less than an inch groups all the time. I know FMJ only cheep ammo so be it. Still looking for something reasonably priced but same accurate as v maxes.

Any sugestions maybe? If i,m not mistaken you have T3 Tactical in 223?
    Is it 1:8" twist? What ammo does it like? Cheers.

Not bad Paul, despite changable 5mile/hour wind got some nice groups at 150 yard using 55 gr Hornady v max. Now was little bit disapointed with Federal 55gr FMJ and 50gr Hollow points- no group with them was smaller than avarage 1.5 inch when v max was giving me less than an inch groups all the time. I know FMJ only cheep ammo so be it. Still looking for something reasonably priced but same accurate as v maxes.

Any sugestions maybe? If i,m not mistaken you have T3 Tactical in 223?
    Is it 1:8" twist? What ammo does it like? Cheers.

ya i have a tactical. it likes the 55gr v-max for hunting and 75gr BTHP for long range target

you only have yours a while it might still be breaking in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Here is my CZ 527 Kevlar .223

DSCF0195.jpg

DSCF0196.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭clivej

Well wear Dev110 and many years of hunting with it.

Aim small and hit hard

• Advertisement

Nice rifle dev110! What scope have you on it?

Advertisement