Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Query

• 22-05-2012 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi

I have a mortgage with Permanent TSB, initially it was a 1 year discount tracker, after that first year we opted for a LTV<80% rate of 3.3% (which was less than the tracker on offer at the time…. DOOOHHHH!!!). Now the rate we are being charged is 4.69% (after the latest announcement of a 0.5% reduction from PTSB), which is the same as the standard variable rate. So we are seeing no benefit from the LTV<80%. I also see from the PTSB website that the rate for new business for LTV<80% is 3.69% and the rate for standard variable 4.69%. Is there anything I can do about this or am I just stuck with it now?

Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Have you contacted Permanent TSB and asked them? They can be very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 EwedaMaan

Yea I called them thismorning, but they said that that is the rate now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Short of moving it? Not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

Switching isn't as difficult and inconvenient as it may sound, and can save an enormous amount of money

I'm not sure switching is an option - banks have very little appetite for this type of business, even if you still have LTV < 80%. Also, bluntly, PTSB would probably be quite happy for you to move your mortgage elsewhere rather than offer you an incentive to stay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

There is little/no switcher mortgage market out there at the moment. AIB who currently have the cheapest variable rates will not refinance another lenders mortgage debt irrespective of loan to value/incomes etc. BOI will look at a switcher only for existing BOI account holders where the LTV is less than 75%. If not an existing BOI customer the LTV needs to be less than 50%. Unfortunately like many others you are at the mercy of ptsb. Hopefully they will eventually bring their rates for existing customers in line with the other banks.

Advertisement