Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late bus from Dublin to Galway?

• 09-06-2008 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Is there a bus you can get from Dublin to Galway After 12 (e.g 01:00AM)?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Unfortunately not.

Last buses ex-Dublin are:
    2100 (Bus Éireann) - Busarus
    2200 (Citylink) - Burgh Quay
    2330 (Nestor) - Dublin Airport not serving Dublin city centre

First buses ex-Dublin are:
    0700 (Bus Éireann) - Busarus
    0700 (Citylink) - Burgh Quay
    0630 (Nestor) - Dublin Airport not serving Dublin city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I thought there were some middle of the night type departures from Galway. Hmmm.

Victor wrote: »
    I thought there were some middle of the night type departures from Galway. Hmmm.

Indeed there are from Galway, but not to Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

04517661 wrote: »
    Is there a bus you can get from Dublin to Galway After 12 (e.g 01:00AM)?

Thanks.

Nope, sometimes there are "specials" laid on for concerts and other events, so if you were attending such an event in Dublin, you might find there is a coach laid on, if so one of the record stores would have details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Nope, sometimes there are "specials" laid on for concerts and other events, so if you were attending such an event in Dublin, you might find there is a coach laid on, if so one of the record stores would have details.

Anyone know any of therew running after the Italy game on Saturday?

• Advertisement

There is now a 2315 departure with Gobus from Georges Quay.

Irish Rail are running a special to Galway at 2315 also - this needs to be booked in advance.

Saw them alright. Was looking for a bus that would stop in Enfield on the way though! GoBus is non stop. Thanks anyway

The regular 23:00 Route 115 (Bus Eireann) departure from Busaras serves Enfield.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1242378678-115.pdf

There's also the 23:15 route 66 (Dublin Bus) to Kilcock from Pearse Street and taxi then to Enfield.

KC61 wrote: »
    The regular 23:00 Route 115 (Bus Eireann) departure from Busaras serves Enfield.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1242378678-115.pdf

There's also the 23:15 route 66 (Dublin Bus) to Kilcock from Pearse Street and taxi then to Enfield.

Nice one, thanks for that. I was hoping, (well there I hadn't much hope actually) that I could find something that could replace the discontinued Nightrider service to Enfield, that would allow me have a couple of later pints in town!

Nice one, thanks for that. I was hoping, (well there I hadn't much hope actually) that I could find something that could replace the discontinued Nightrider service to Enfield, that would allow me have a couple of later pints in town!

Dublin Bus Nitelink 67N to Maynooth (unfortunately via Celbridge) and then a taxi?

Departures from Westmoreland Street at 00:00, 02:00 and 04:00

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

KC61 wrote: »
    Dublin Bus Nitelink 67N to Maynooth (unfortunately via Celbridge) and then a taxi?

Departures from Westmoreland Street at 00:00, 02:00 and 04:00

You mean the 67N to Celbridge, that kindly also serves the people of Maynooth afterwards.;)

Indeed - no slur on the fine residents of Celbridge intended - just meant that it's a longer journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lenno87

Anyone know the last buses from dublin to athlone after 50cent concert on march 21st?? Thanks for any feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

You might have to leave the concert early. Sunday night doesn't help things.

Lenno87 wrote: »
    Anyone know the last buses from dublin to athlone after 50cent concert on march 21st?? Thanks for any feedback.

As posted above, the last buses ex-Dublin to Athlone are:
    2100 (Bus Éireann) - Busarus
    2200 (Citylink) - Burgh Quay

I suspect you may have to bite the bullet and stay overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Seeing as how the OP of this old thread asked about Dublin - Galway buses (in case anyone with the same question is looking at this now) there are late buses leaving Dublin for Galway now, there weren't when this thread was originally started.

City Link departing Dublin Airport at 00:45 and arriving in Galway at 03:15. This service does not collect any passengers in Dublin City.

Go Bus depating Dublin Airport at 01:00, Dublin City (Ulster Bank, George's Quay) 01:15 and arriving in Galway Coach Station at 04:00.

Both of those are non-stop to Galway so wouldn't serve Athlone (as was asked in a more recent post).

Advertisement