Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looks like lyca are getting ready for an Irish launch

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

masker wrote: »
    mobile network is too slow, and its only 9gig (it say unlimited in add) as compare to emobile 15gig
    But it's €5.
    How slow is the 3G.

Any ideas if they've micro sim for iPhones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

i got it and put €5 on it, its been ok so far, if its good after 6 months with problems, i cancel my account with Vodafone as this work out way cheaper and more spend control, wonder will they last and stay in business
    how is it on international calls but here and when traveling abroad ?

And with 5E what do you get ? I have emailed them and I have gotten and response.

Does anyone know how to order a micro-sim, the appliaction process doesn't specify which one.

How are you finding it, I ma thinking of joining the.
    Just to be sure 5e topup will get you znother 5e which means 150min calls 5000 txts and up to 9gb of data.
    And with 5E what do you get ? I have emailed them and I have gotten and response.

Does anyone know how to order a micro-sim, the appliaction process doesn't specify which one.

was wondering about that, maybe ring or e-mail them to order

ok I just called them and yes for a top up of 5e you get another 5e so thats a tener in your account so you can get the 150min 500txt and 9gb internet but it says the offer is till 31/12/2012.

• Advertisement

ok I just called them and yes for a top up of 5e you get another 5e so thats a tener in your account so you can get the 150min 500txt and 9gb internet but it says the offer is till 31/12/2012.

good deal, i see it works out for 6 months if give good service , going by thers, seems it does

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭masker

But it's €5.
    How slow is the 3G.

Any ideas if they've micro sim for iPhones ?

its sometime ok but sometime its very very slow . yeap they have mico sim

• Registered Users Posts: 1 deckstermx3

India call centre staff are courteous but I was cut off three times before I spoke to someone who gave me a complaint log number.
    Similar to previous comments my Galaxy S1 I900 battery drains very quickly as you need to enable data roaming on your handset to access the Internet after you have updated your APN settings.
    Find the pop up messages with remaining credit very informative but have noticed significant deductions of used minutes by them compared to my perception of call duration/usage.
    Worth a punt for a fiver or tenner although I believe porting out is a bit of a nightmare if you're not happy, I'm told they are not on the list for the other network providers for a quick web port.
    Vodafone staff member told me that they have constant visitors to their stores requesting ports which have to be done over phone rather than using internet.

Hi ported my number from three network and it took just under 30 minutes. But we're I live the signal keeps dropping. I've also had dropped calls just to the customer care.

I tried topping up but I can't with a prepaid master card.

Very frustrating.

India call centre staff are courteous but I was cut off three times before I spoke to someone who gave me a complaint log number.
    Similar to previous comments my Galaxy S1 I900 battery drains very quickly as you need to enable data roaming on your handset to access the Internet after you have updated your APN settings.
    Find the pop up messages with remaining credit very informative but have noticed significant deductions of used minutes by them compared to my perception of call duration/usage.
    Worth a punt for a fiver or tenner although I believe porting out is a bit of a nightmare if you're not happy, I'm told they are not on the list for the other network providers for a quick web port.
    Vodafone staff member told me that they have constant visitors to their stores requesting ports which have to be done over phone rather than using internet.
    i see there not mobile providers on a lot of things, seems taking a bit to sort this out

• Advertisement

Hi ported my number from three network and it took just under 30 minutes. But we're I live the signal keeps dropping. I've also had dropped calls just to the customer care.

Very frustrating.

how did you top up before

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Very frustrating.

Lyca supports only the cards that have the privelege of 'verified by visa', or 'mastercard secure code'.

I just topped up 5e with a visa card and I got 5e extra immediately.

I have tried the 3g and its a little bit slow but will run some test later.

mac.in wrote: »
    Lyca supports only the cards that have the privelege of 'verified by visa', or 'mastercard secure code'.

prepaid visa or MasterCard have security code , the 3 digit numbers on back ,maybe needs a confirmation setup or something

this on site may be the problem if it doesn't pass :

Your card may be eligible or enrolled in Verified by Visa,MasterCard Secure or JCB J/Secure Payer authentication programs. After Clicking the 'Confirm' button,your Card issuer may prompt you for payer authentication password to complete your purchase.

Can anyone tether on the iPhone. Personal hotspot is missing for me and I've downloaded a jailbreak to override it. It seems lyca mobile might be blocking it.

its working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Has anybody got any idea if one can use the O2 outgoing mail server(SMTP settings)..... smtp.o2.ie when setting up an e mail account?Lycamobile customer care have advised that they do not have any outgoing mail server but they utilise the O2 network?? :confused:

icylava wrote: »
    Yes, midnight at UTC+1 during weekend. This is when my call constantly get cut off or connection failure and the USSD code "*131#" does not work, either.

Complete network failure, I would say....

I did come across few situations where calls got disconnected in-between, not only at times you have mentioned but other times (day time) too.:mad::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Hi,

Just a quick question which someone might be able to clarify.

Is it correct that you should have to turn on data roaming to allow data to work on lycamobile? I find that It will not work unless data roaming is tuRned on on an unlocked Vodafone 858.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kurn

I switched to them few days ago, some feedback for those interested.

Same coverage as O2 obviously, not a problem so far, use internet radio while walking and it streams fine. I cannot text one number on the Meteor network, refuses to deliver any message to them, find that annoying. They wont take laser card for tops, so have to use visa online.... but if they stay this good, price wise.... it's an amazing offer.

I topped up 20 - got 20 extra free, signed up to 30 price plan (leaving a balance of 10) for unlimited (10,000 minutes/ unlimited texts) and "unlimited" data. When you consider what O2 (which Lyca mobile operate on)for the same SIM free plan, you can see how those other networks are really ripping us off... I get that these might be introductory offers and they have no subsided phones to include in the plan... but still...

Customer service seemed very friendly, obviously abroad somewhere and reading from a script, but I fear if I had a complex problem I would get little resolution (speculation)

• Advertisement

I did come across few situations where calls got disconnected in-between, not only at times you have mentioned but other times (day time) too.:mad::confused:

A small correction. Calls I mean international calls! I haven't got this problem with local calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kurn

Also looks like no MMS in iPhone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I have a lyca-mobile sim that I am about to activate. How long does this take to process? As in can I start using data pretty much straight away or is there a start up delay of a few hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

I have to admit i haven't heard about this lot before .... www.lycamobile.com ... so its all Pre-Pay yeah? Or have i missed the bill pay offer?

Whose infrastructure are they using? Whats the deal, are they any good? Sounds like a great deal but do you get hammered on costs when you go over? Is it just constant headache, arguing with Customer Service etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Read the thread - its not a huge task, and you will learn all there is to learn about them. Then have a look at www.lycamobile.ie.

Advertisement