Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a home for my dog :(

• 29-02-2012 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey there if any body cud help me find a really gud hme 4 my dog plz! he is a medium sized black nd white very energetic dog called jasper. Jasper loves plenty of walks and loadsa hugs nd attention. the only reason i need a new hme 4 him is dat im moving house, so any help wud b appreciated!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

I know that no one wants to hear the word "pound" but a neighbour of mine recently there and got a beautiful little dog, they were telling me that the pound has a list of people who are looking for pups or dogs to give them a good home and they ring people now when they have a dog that needs a home so it might be worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

You could put an add and pic in the paper but be sure to mention scumbags and knackers need not apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

trinibops wrote: »
    Hey there if any body cud help me find a really gud hme 4 my dog plz! he is a medium sized black nd white very energetic dog called jasper. Jasper loves plenty of walks and loadsa hugs nd attention. the only reason i need a new hme 4 him is dat im moving house, so any help wud b appreciated!! :)
    Can you pm me a picture please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 trinibops

yeah its a bit scary hearing the word pound and wud kinda like to kno who he went to if dat was possible u know,

also am fairly new to boards so hw do i post a pic??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

also am fairly new to boards so hw do i post a pic??

You might not be able to unless you reach a certain amount of posts I think, I have been known to get things wrong tho. Unless you upload it to a place like http://imageshack.us/ and post the link to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brianne

If you contact Waterford Animal Welfare, they have a website. They will get a good home for your dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Thewanderer_ie

A few years ago, we unfortunately had to get rid of our dog for personal reasons. We tried many routes, but did want to give her to the pound or welfare group as most of them had a 30-day policy (be homed or put down). We eventually found an agency that took excess Irish dogs and re-homed them in Sweden, where the dog laws make are tougher, and so there is a demand for dogs.
    I can not remember the name of the agency, but I am sure a quick google will turn up something. It was all good- she had a home found before she left Ireland, and they met her at the airport. Got emails from her new family and everything. Turns out she was much more suited to chasing reindeer than the local wildlife! Was very hard to say goodbye to her at the airport, but at least we knew she had a good home to go to before letting her go.

Good Luck!

Waterford Animal Welfare will never put down a dog no matter how long they have him and a great home will be got by them for the dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

If you put him into a shelter be sure its one with a no kill policiy. Some of the larger (I wont name names but lets just say the ones who get the most government funding and PR) do not have a no kill policy, and having done voluntary work with them, I have seen not healthy but "curable" animals put down as a control measure, as well as those deemed non-rehomeable. I dont want to worry you but its just something to keep in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Try Deise Animal Sanctuary also, the rehouse only to good homes. They dont have a website but are on facebook

• Advertisement

wow every1 is so helpful that is really interestng bout re-homing them in sweden hav never ever heard bout dat. every1 say a lil prayer dat i find him sumwhere nice sumwhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

What breed is he and is he good with children? Pm me if you would rather not put the information up.

Some Irish welfare groups send dogs to England and Wales to rescues to be homed there also. Rescues are very particular where they home dogs.

any idea how i could get in contact with any of these?? would the wwaterford animal welfare groups hav any ideas bout this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

What kind of dog is it

Ring Andrew Quinn 085 7450711 Waterford Animal Welfare and chat to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tawdy

tell jasper to get a job and buy his own house.

Thanks for your help everybody am after finding a great new family for him and he is settling in really well!! :)

Trinibops thats fantastic news for you and for doggie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Thanks for your help everybody am after finding a great new family for him and he is settling in really well!! :)

Thats great news Op, i'm in a similar situation at the moment and am avoiding putting my guy into any pound until i absoulutely have to :(. Same as yours he is a very active guy but extremely affectionate and needs all the attention, really hate having to part with him as he's one of the family !!

Here's a pic and if anyone has any suggestions i'd appreciate it greatly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Ricardo G wrote: »
    Thats great news Op, i'm in a similar situation at the moment and am avoiding putting my guy into any pound until i absoulutely have to :(. Same as yours he is a very active guy but extremely affectionate and needs all the attention, really hate having to part with him as he's one of the family !!

Here's a pic and if anyone has any suggestions i'd appreciate it greatly :)
    Which one is it???:D:D:D

Ring Andrew Quinn in Waterford animal Welfare. Don't put him into the pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Brianne wrote: »
    Ring Andrew Quinn in Waterford animal Welfare. Don't put him into the pound.

Rang Andrew earlier today, sound guy. Unfortunately he says it will be near impossible to get a home for Max because he is a male staffy, if he were a she then he'd have a good chance :(, anyway i'll keep looking and might get lucky !! Thanks again

If he's a good temperament and is ok with other dogs I can't see why somebody would not be willing to take him. Maybe chance this welfare group DAWG and have a chat with them. They're based in Cork city and county and they home dogs in England, Wales etc and they're excellent. If you google their website you'll locate their number. They are really good.

Advertisement