Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large development planned for Carpenterstown

• 07-01-2009 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭

The week before Christmas is the time for the controversial planning applications!

On 22 December a planning application was submitted for 538 units in Carpenterstown, in the open space area beside St Patrick's school.

Residents in the area may want to examine the details of the development on Fingal's website.
    F08A/1425
    Submitted: 22-Dec-2008
    Applicant: Viscount Securities

Proposed Development:
    To erect 538 dwelling units, local shops and serviced offices of 1,292 sq m, a crèche of 548 sq m, 909 surface and underground car parking spaces, together with 2.92 hectares of open space, landscaping, roads and infrastructure services on a site of 14 hectares in Diswellstown, Castleknock, Dublin 15, bounded by Burnell Park, Mulberry Park and housing fronting Carpenterstown Road to the North, the M50 Motorway to the East, Diswellstown House (a Protected Structure) and Luttrellstown Road to the South and St. Patrick's School and Diswellstown Roundabout to the West.

The dwelling units comprise:
    17 No. four-bedroom detached houses,
    6 No. two-bedroom semi-detached houses,
    2 No. three-bedroom semi-detached houses,
    52 No. four-bedroom semi-detached houses,
    59 No. three-bedroom terraced houses,
    50 No. four bedroom terraced houses,
    24 No. five-bedroom terraced houses, all two-three storeys high,
    6 No. two-bedroom duplex units,
    32 No. three-bedroom duplex units,
    82 No. one-bedroom apartments,
    186 No. two-bedroom apartments
    22 No. three-bedroom apartments,
    All of these range in height from 2-5 storeys in 13 No. Blocks.

The shops, offices and creche are located at ground floor of a four-storey residential block.
    An Environmental Impact Statement accompanies the planning application.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

daymobrew wrote: »
    The week before Christmas is the time for the controversial planning applications!

Ineed it is, we had a notice appear across the road from us on Dec 22 as well!
    Its for a seniors citizens residence, but still, another green space lost to 'progress'!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

:D Castleknock. Aye right. :D

Gives a good indication of the money they'll be looking for them though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

PauloMN wrote: »

Gives a good indication of the money they'll be looking for them though. :)

Maybe but its no guarantee, as people are find down in barnwell beside ongar the banks are only will to give mortgages on the value of the house. if there is an over valuation people could be in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭daymobrew

PauloMN wrote: »
    The Land Registry deeds for my house in Riverwood says Castleknock.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

yep its castleknock.... diswellstown, carpenterstown etc are all castleknock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

im sure ben dunne will be happy with this...

greatgoal wrote: »
    im sure ben dunne will be happy with this...

He is selling up and moving away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

oblivious wrote: »
    He is selling up and moving away

Is he? Do tell more.

Is he? Do tell more.

I heard about a year ago he was look to sell the site for development

There is a peace in the community voice this week about the development

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

no for sale sign yet...maybe a private sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭dtf

i might be interested myself. I've been looking for somewhere to park my helicopter for a while now.

greatgoal wrote: »
    no for sale sign yet...maybe a private sale.

I would suspect he may not go to REMAX to sell if he is still intend to sell in the economic climate

Advertisement