Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

I'll just leave this here

http://www.koenigs.dk/mame/eng/drawweecade.htm

*cough cnc plans *cough

Unfortunately mine has a small cut area.400mm x 600mm
    Its designed for high precision 3d metal cutting.
    up to 1 thousands of a mm!
    we use it to make aluminum tooling mostly.beast

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I need one of those fancy covers for my Turbo Express!
    Need a pal with a 3D printer...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

urbanledge wrote: »
    Unfortunately mine has a small cut area.400mm x 600mm
    Its designed for high precision 3d metal cutting.
    up to 1 thousands of a mm!
    we use it to make aluminum tooling mostly.beast

That's actually pretty insane really

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Anybody ever buy off alibaba?
    might get some of these pcb feet
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-pcs-lot-TYPE-L-PCB-feet-with-screw-for-arcade-jamma-game-board/660435756.html

anybody interested in some?
    always handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Got a pack of those feet before, quality is ok on them. You might find 1 or 2 of them not tapped properly but still usable with a bit of brute force.

Got them on ebay though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Anybody ever buy off alibaba?
    might get some of these pcb feet
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-pcs-lot-TYPE-L-PCB-feet-with-screw-for-arcade-jamma-game-board/660435756.html

anybody interested in some?
    always handy

I have a load of them going unused, could send you on some if you like? Might need to call in a welding favour from you some day. ;)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I have a load of them going unused, could send you on some if you like? Might need to call in a welding favour from you some day. ;)

My welding skills are poor tbh :eek:
    I've been told my welds look like bird sh1t!

My welding skills are poor tbh :eek:
    I've been told my welds look like bird sh1t!

Ah fook that so, off to albibaba with ya! :D

I'll have a look at home later tonight to check the stock levels. Will send you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

US PSN (PS3 version, I guess I gotta add) is selling Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for a ricockulously cheap $4.99. They're also got Gunstar Heroes going for the same, if you're looking as to what to do with the other $5 of your unavoidable $10 code. There's Psychonauts too, if, for some mad reason, you've not lapped it up thus far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    US PSN (PS3 version, I guess I gotta add) is selling Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for a ricockulously cheap $4.99. They're also got Gunstar Heroes going for the same, if you're looking as to what to do with the other $5 of your unavoidable $10 code. There's Psychonauts too, if, for some mad reason, you've not lapped it up thus far.

Feckin PS3 keeps crashing everytime I try got into the psn store ...!!:mad:

• Hygro wrote: »

Been having the same problem for a few days now, trying to grab the fatal frame games. Suppose ya could use the web store.

Hygro wrote: »

You can purchase over here:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/sale-of-the-dead/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_SALEOFDEAD14G

Then I think you go into download management or somesuch and you can bypass the PS3's PSN storefront altogether.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

You can purchase over here:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/sale-of-the-dead/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_SALEOFDEAD14G

Then I think you go into download management or somesuch and you can bypass the PS3's PSN storefront altogether.

Cool, might pick up Gundemonium Recollection too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Put up a Famicom with vid mod, PC Engine with RGB mod and an R-Zone on the marketplace.
    Don't all jump at once for that R-Zone :D

Steve SI wrote: »
    Put up a Famicom with vid mod, PC Engine with RGB mod and an R-Zone on the marketplace.
    Don't all jump at once for that R-Zone :D

That PCE is so tempting...only my PC giving me grief so funds are going there instead. The one sale I regret is my Duo-R (Myrddin - give me first dibs if you ever decide to let her go!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The one sale I regret is my Duo-R (Myrddin - give me first dibs if you ever decide to let her go!).

That was a great purchase I must say. You're first in line if I decide to move it on again :)

Hygro wrote: »
    Cool, might pick up Gundemonium Recollection too.

D'you get the purchase thingy working in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

http://arcadejapan.co.uk/

Might be handy for spares..

• Advertisement

D'you get the purchase thingy working in the end?

No, tried it a couple of times the other day, but will try it again tonight. Wonder how the visuals of SOTN will look on a large plasma...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,275 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

38 inch Sony CRT on adverts :eek:

http://www.adverts.ie/tv/sony-38-crt-tv/5634814

o1s1n wrote: »
    38 inch Sony CRT on adverts :eek:

http://www.adverts.ie/tv/sony-38-crt-tv/5634814

I'd rather the 4:3 model you have :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    I'd rather the 4:3 model you have :)

How the frak would I get that behemoth up the spiral staircase?
    They have a 4:3 mode, yes?
    Hmm....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hmm....

4:3 mode on a 16:9 screen just means you're getting a smaller image anyway, negating the point of the larger 16:9 panel (if solely using for retro machines)

new candy shop in the UK !
    http://www.arcadejapan.co.uk/

for all you candy owners

Myrddin wrote: »
    4:3 mode on a 16:9 screen just means you're getting a smaller image anyway, negating the point of the larger 16:9 panel (if solely using for retro machines)

I have the PS2, Xbox and GC there too, many games run in 16:9
    I'm just wondering if it might be an option for those.
    I'll have to get an Led panel too for when the PS3 and 360 get sent up there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

new candy shop in the UK !
    http://www.arcadejapan.co.uk/

for all you candy owners

Yeah, about to post this. Saves you the expense of dealing with Taito directly, minimum order values and customs.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hmm....

Get a crane, drop it through the roof, fix hole in roof. Less hassle than getting it up a stairs, esp your spiral. :D I'm still rocking a 37" Sony Wega CRT dinosaur in the sittingroom and I honestly wouldn't one these days even if it was free, too bulky. Thing cost me close to 3 grand almost a decade ago, built to last if nothing else!

• Advertisement

Get a crane, drop it through the roof, fix hole in roof. Less hassle than getting it up a stairs, esp your spiral. :D I'm still rocking a 37" Sony Wega CRT dinosaur in the sittingroom and I honestly wouldn't one these days even if it was free, too bulky. Thing cost me close to 3 grand almost a decade ago, built to last if nothing else!

Yeah, my 29" Trini cost me close to stupid money when bought new back in 96, as a Harry Moore opening offer, not long before they were bought by the Dixon's Group. Still alive and working well nearly 20 years on.
    Some lightgun issues that won't go away though.
    Might wait for a more modest Trini, 21" or so, and see if I've more luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement