Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fight gear and clothing

• 06-02-2013 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hi guys was just wondering wheres the best place to pick up some fight clothing is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

which sport? which city?
    there is a boxing shop on the quays that has gear for cheap.
    there are 2 martial arts shops off capel street. (one in the marys mall)
    elverys have some gear.
    can get a substantial amount from your local gym and the rest from the net

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

which sport? which city?

This is the MMA forum so MMA obviously

Personally if your in a club best thing to do is ask your coach about gear.

He was asking about Dublin but named a place and prices etc, Very like Advertising on his 1st post.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    This is the MMA forum so MMA obviously

yes, but he could want thai shin pads, a bjj groin guard or boxing gloves.

as in - its a mixed martial arts thread, so there could be a choice of a few.

but your right i shouldve assumed the 'what do i need for UFC gear' question rather than 'i mix at least 2 disciplines of martial arts where can i get gear'

but the whole thread seems like spam, so ill leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

but your right i shouldve assumed the 'what do i need for UFC gear' question rather than 'i mix at least 2 disciplines of martial arts where can i get gear'

It was, but anyway, you can advise any gear used or in relation to MMA.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭p to the e

ooh-matron-with-text.gif

If you mean fight equipment (gloves etc.) then one of the suggestions above. If you mean t-shirts etc. your best bet is mmawarehouse or one those sites. Also keep an eye on bjjhq.com or mmahq.com as they do a daily deal on all kinds of stuff from fight equipment to DVDs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 smithy84

wasnt posting an ad just wanted some advise on places to buy at a good price.

tell us what you need, and where you are and someone will tell you where to get it

I'm in Dublin,looking for shorts,shin,gaurds gloves ect basic stuff to get me started.my gym has mma classes so want to get a few bits,plus looking for t shirts to wear as normal,hayabusa or venum

the shop on the quays in smithfeild is pakvelo, they are a boxing shop, they sell shin pads too tho. you will get most of the stuff there for cheap. (they are prepared to haggle if you buy enough ) they also have a website pakvelo.com

Its cheap unbranded gear tho, so it may or may not be the best.

There is a good shop for clothes in the mary st mall at the bottom of capel street, they also have a website, (http://www.fanaticshop.ie)
    you can also try the shop on the corner of capel street mullenssports.com he is long established and has a good reputation.

There is an mma shop on the luas line near abbey street called cru mma, they sell a mixture of clothes and some fight gear, I have a pair of badboy compression shorts and a cup from them, they are very friendly, but dont have a lot of equipment, lots of shirts and shorts tho. https://www.facebook.com/MMA.CRU

you can occasionally get stuff from the likes of elverys and lifestyle sports but you may pay more for less quality gear tho elverys do a discount for o2 customers which brings them in line with most other places, without the discount they are too expensive.

be aware that if you are just beginning you may not need it all right away.

I would suggest getting stuff in this order:

A cup.
    Mouthguard.
    Cotton hand wraps
    bag gloves
    head guard
    shinpads
    ankle supports

Tshirts and shorts are optional and over priced, you can get a shirt and shorts in pennys and it will last, when it gets torn, as it 100% you have only spent 5 euro, not 55.

Thanks man ill look those places up,I'm only starting out so the list you gave is great.cheers

• Advertisement

if youre starting all you need is a cup, wraps and 16oz gloves. Thats all I own.

Ill be buying a mouthguard and headguard next

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

also have a look at www.fightgear.ie

thanks paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2 goutam75

MMA fight great is clothing store. But actually I do not know about the site of the clothing supplier for the fighter.
    <a href="http://www.mmajoes.com">mmajoes.com</a>I want to know about this kind of sites

• Registered Users Posts: 2 goutam75

MMA fight great is clothing store. But actually I do not know about the site of the clothing supplier for the fighter.
    <a href="http://www.mmajoes.com">mmajoes.com</a>I want to know about this kind of sites

Advertisement