Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beginner gun?

• 26-05-2012 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Where is the best place near Dublin to get a relatively cheap but reliable beginner paintball gun?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

hi, at the moment its not possible to walk into a shop and buy a paintball gun, the rules on firearms and paintball guns are very unclear. you can buy paintball guns second hand in ireland or from the uk, i highly recommend this a its much cheaper. pm me if you want more info on what i would recommend as a beginner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

The law is'nt unclear at all anything over 1 joule is considered a firearm, paintball guns are around 16 so it is a firearm the same as an air rifle. So you need a license.
    http://www.garda.ie/Documents/User/FCA1%202012%20.pdf
    Section 3 you tick the paintball gun box.
    Any firearms dealer can import a paintball marker for you or you could do it yourself.
    If you want to do it yourself all you do is put a deposit on a gun in the uk apply for your license and once you get your license you apply for an import license and then you can have it posted to you.
    If you try and bring one in from the uk and it is caught by customs you will be importing an unlicensed firearm which would'nt look too good.

Advertisement