Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance Calculator Help

• 27-02-2012 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi guys, I know this comes up a lot and I had spent the last few days trying to calculate it for myself but to no avail. Could someone please help me work out my rent allowance? I am trying to get my finances in order in my head to I can start getting some sleep without worrying about everything!
    My situation:
    I've just been approved for JSA which is 217.80 a week granted for a max of 9 months, (am waiting my lone parents interview and will switch into this once it comes through) and have been assessed by south Dublin county council as having a housing need and therefore can apply for rent allowance. Then I have maintenance payments from my child's father of €50 a week (which i have declared on all the forms) but not in a regular pattern (he gives it as and when in chunks, ie 100 one week, 300 another time, and it levels out to the agreed amount of €50 a week.always into my bank account though so we can never disagree on what he has put in.) that is all my income. My child benefit is still going through the channels as they as so backed up.
    I have found a place to live within the max rent limits of €875 and sign the lease this week.
    If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, I am finding the whole system incredibly confusing and never any clearer about what i can claim to help get me through this tough time after visiting citizens advice website. Help?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭pejay

Maybe this page may help instead of the citizens advice page just click the link i have put here for you.

Hope it helps a little

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/SupplementaryWelfareAllowance/Pages/RentSupplement.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

ezspangle wrote: »
    Hi guys, I know this comes up a lot and I had spent the last few days trying to calculate it for myself but to no avail. Could someone please help me work out my rent allowance? I am trying to get my finances in order in my head to I can start getting some sleep without worrying about everything!
    My situation:
    I've just been approved for JSA which is 217.80 a week granted for a max of 9 months, (am waiting my lone parents interview and will switch into this once it comes through) and have been assessed by south Dublin county council as having a housing need and therefore can apply for rent allowance. Then I have maintenance payments from my child's father of €50 a week (which i have declared on all the forms) but not in a regular pattern (he gives it as and when in chunks, ie 100 one week, 300 another time, and it levels out to the agreed amount of €50 a week.always into my bank account though so we can never disagree on what he has put in.) that is all my income. My child benefit is still going through the channels as they as so backed up.
    I have found a place to live within the max rent limits of €875 and sign the lease this week.
    If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, I am finding the whole system incredibly confusing and never any clearer about what i can claim to help get me through this tough time after visiting citizens advice website. Help?!

Hi!

To calculate your rent supplement entitlement simply subtract 32+50 from the weekly rate of rent.

Example;

875x12/52 = 201.92

201.92-82 = 119.92x52/12 = 519.66

Rent Supp 519.70pcm

This presupposes no other income!

All maintenance is assessable up to €95pw euro for euro.

SWA rate for you is €215.80 so an extra €2 comes off also.

Minimum contribution is €30pw.

Hope that helps! :)

Advertisement