Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thrift shop/Charity shop in galway?

• 27-07-2009 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Is there one?

The "Curiosity shop" seems to be closed.Or is it?
    Are there any other ones?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yes there are plenty scattered around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The SVP "Curiosity Shop" is open alright, just have weird hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

The Curiosity Shop always closes on Monday.
    The GSPCA shop is just around the corner from there on Augustine Street and further on still there's Age Action on Upper Abbeygate Street. On High Street there's Enable Ireland and on the other side of town As Good As New and the Simon shop are on Sea Road. There's another place on Newcastle Road which I think is called Arumbhee but I may be wrong, I very rarely make it out there on my second-hand shopping excursions!
    There all the ones I know of anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dysfunct

cheers DonnieScribbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

The only one I've ever seen anything nice in is the one near the Jes. The rest are unfortunately usually full of stuff from Penneys and Dunnes selling at pretty much it's original price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Haven't been in to any charity shops in years but happened to be in town on Sat morning and decided to have a quick peek in the charity shop on Merchant's Rd.
    Picked up a practically brand new pair of Black stilletoed Karen Millen shoes for only 4 euro...RESULT:)
    They retail for about 200-250 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dysfunct

kudos to you fluffyorganic1 :)

wouldnt be bothered about the stilettos meself as i have a penis.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,594 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've picked up some useful stuff from the Enable Ireland shop in High/Quay St.

Oh - just remembered, there's a new one: Simon have set up a 2nd-hand furniture shop, open on Friday's only, somewhere near O'Higgins (sorry I can't remember the Irish spelling, much less pronounce it!) in Shantalla.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

dysfunct wrote: »
    kudos to you fluffyorganic1 :)

wouldnt be bothered about the stilettos meself as i have a penis.

Don't know about that Dysfunct.......
    These shoes could be the making of ya:P

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

The best video shop in galway is closing, the store is just off cook's corner, all stock for sale, it will be missed.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

The Curiosity Shop always closes on Monday.
    The GSPCA shop is just around the corner from there on Augustine Street and further on still there's Age Action on Upper Abbeygate Street. On High Street there's Enable Ireland and on the other side of town As Good As New and the Simon shop are on Sea Road. There's another place on Newcastle Road which I think is called Arumbhee but I may be wrong, I very rarely make it out there on my second-hand shopping excursions!
    There all the ones I know of anyway :)

Stop giving people useful, practical advice and go and place more geocaches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

ultain wrote: »
    The best video shop in galway is closing, the store is just off cook's corner, all stock for sale, it will be missed.:(

Noooooo! You mean the Shantalla Movie House? That place is a Galway institution. I am very sad to hear that it is closing. Are there any other places in town that stock art-house and world cinema and where you can search by director? (Sadly, I think I already know the answer…) :(

only extradull now.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

ultain wrote: »

Oh no! When is it closing?
    Stop giving people useful, practical advice and go and place more geocaches :D

Hmmm... The_Chris? Place some more geocaches yourself! I'm actually planning one for when I get back to Galway :)
    padraig71 wrote: »
    Noooooo! You mean the Shantalla Movie House? That place is a Galway institution. I am very sad to hear that it is closing. Are there any other places in town that stock art-house and world cinema and where you can search by director? (Sadly, I think I already know the answer…) :(

2000 AD on Francis Street has an okay selection of world cinema, but nowhere near that of Shantalla Movie House, sadly!

200AD pretty good, but like you said nothing near what they have at shantalla, only good thing is you can buy some of the stock, although a lot of the good ones are away. Not sure exactly when there shutting up shop

Advertisement